V8 Finder Pro New Firmware

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

maata

V8 Finder Pro New Firmware

Post by maata »

Hello friends

I have been in contact with the technical department of the company for some time and informed them about the problems of measuring the signals.
I sent them many photos and videos of the comparison of the devices I have.
Yesterday they sent me the test version of the modified software.
The before photo and after updating the software, I will put it in the forum.
I informed the company about some problems with the test software.
The final software will be released soon.
Attachments
20230223_165857.jpg
20230223_165857.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 4033 times
20230223_200854.jpg
20230223_200854.jpg (755.93 KiB) Viewed 4033 times

Hazl

Re: V8 Finder Pro New Firmware

Post by Hazl »

I can't wait to see that miracle.:lol:

salah

Post by salah »

I got rid of this damned 🔨 device.😕
¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

amin-sh

Post by amin-sh »

Greetings from the engineers of GTMEDIA company, it has been a while since I bought the orange V8 PRO three-function COMBO finder and I am completely satisfied with my purchase. I thank GTMEDIA company for producing this V8 PRO finder with all these features and high quality. which it has and I wanted to point out three key points that raise the functionality of this finder to a much higher level than its current level and if the company can achieve these things in the next program and present them in the new software, it will really be much more useful and the user can make the best use, (1) the failure of the BER error coefficient in the SATELLITE part and S2 frequencies that the BER modulation has no reaction at all and only displays the number 0 as a photo and a fixed background, which must be the problem It should be fixed and the BER option, which is very useful for primary debugging (initial dish setting) and secondary debugging (final dish setting), unfortunately, this option does not work in this finder and is useless. (2) Enlarging the INFO window and also enlarging the FONTs, texts and numbers is very important, this finder uses a large 3/4 inch high quality LCD, but the INFO window with all its modulation is very small and the texts It is also designed small and the user can hardly read the numbers and modulation at a distance of one meter, so this window should be much fitter and bigger and take the whole screen. and had a better view point, especially during the day and under the sunlight and even at night, because the magnification of this window in the length and width of the screen, as well as the magnification of the modulation numbers, is very important (3) lack of signal zoom that both satellite and This finder does not show the frequency, S%, Q%, CN, MER, and especially PWR, and this finder needs a very strong and serious signal zoom so that the user can master the numbers more easily and have a better view. (4) Inserting the percentage and the number and amount of remaining battery charge numerically and as a percentage, as well as inserting the time when the battery is exhausted and the device turns off, which allows the user to calculate the remaining time according to the amount and percentage of the battery and remaining charge. Easy to manage. Thanks to the good team of GTMEDIA for paying attention to the positive comments of users. 😊🌷
Attachments
IMG_20230227_165020_347.jpg
IMG_20230227_165020_347.jpg (3.3 MiB) Viewed 3907 times
IMG_20230227_165020_206.jpg
IMG_20230227_165020_206.jpg (3.3 MiB) Viewed 3907 times
IMG_20230227_165019_676.jpg
IMG_20230227_165019_676.jpg (2.76 MiB) Viewed 3907 times
IMG_20230227_165020_059.jpg
IMG_20230227_165020_059.jpg (3.14 MiB) Viewed 3908 times

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

Hello, dear engineer, thank you for your attention, exactly these things you said are correct and should be checked and corrected in the next software, of course, with the cooperation of the good team of GTMEDDIA company, and hopefully the problems will be solved. 😎🌻

maata

Post by maata »

Hello
What country do these measurements belong to?

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

Greetings to you, my friend, this was tested in the country of Iran and the city of Tehran

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

Amin nasab,
Either you are paid to praise this semi-finished product, or you don't know what such a device must measure. All its measured values are not correct. They are far from accurate. Increasing the font size and what you are looking for are irrelevant, until what is important is fixed, which is accurately measured data for MER, BER, C/N, Power, signal quality and strength. Only if they manage to solve it, which I doubt, let them increase the numbers and letters.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

In the end you make me understand that you don't know how to use it, put screenshots of the problems you have and so we can solve your problem in the installation if it does not give you good values

maata

Post by maata »

I have been working in this field for nearly 25 years. I have other measuring devices that are all accurate and calibrated without any problems. The only reason I bought this device was its small size and lightness and its 3 functions. For me And people like me, please don't talk about installation problems. This device is a disaster in measuring the signal. The problem was not solved with the software either. Accept that this is a completely failed product. Unless a miracle happens, which I don't know.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

All those who have recommended the V8 Finder Pro are very happy with the acquisition, provide proof of these bad signs, because one user of the three that has, the one that gave the best data V8FinderPro is the reason for your bad installation. Are you sure you know how to interpret the information from the finder?

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

Greetings engineer, I have been in satellite antenna setup and operation for 20 years and I am fully aware of all the bass and sub and key items and modulation. Our friend said in the post above that he will not buy from your company, and those things that I mentioned in the last post should really be added in this finder, in the eyes of the engineer, I will borrow the V8 PRO finder from my friend and calibrate it with the finder. I myself, who is ALPSAT06, will definitely analyze and send all modulation problems and errors such as (ber, mer, cn, pwr, q, s) to you here with pictures and photos so that we can reach a good calibration with your help and other friends. Of course, it will take some time, but I will definitely do it and I request you to check the points I mentioned in the next program and fix the problem. Thank you 😎🌻

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

maata wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:34 am
I have been working in this field for nearly 25 years. I have other measuring devices that are all accurate and calibrated without any problems. The only reason I bought this device was its small size and lightness and its 3 functions. For me And people like me, please don't talk about installation problems. This device is a disaster in measuring the signal. The problem was not solved with the software either. Accept that this is a completely failed product. Unless a miracle happens, which I don't know.

Hello engineer, you compare the comparison criteria of V8 PRO in S2 and satellite frequencies on one fix direction with 2 other finders and I don't know with which finder you have done the level of S2 modulation errors, please on one fix direction And exactly behind the dish and before the switcher, make the connections and perform the test to determine that the modulation (CN, MER, PWR, %S, %Q) and BER modulation, which does not work at all on S2 frequencies and is currently background and stable It is necessary to see how many errors there are in the Finder V8 PRO and how much the relevant numbers increase from the numbers of your second Finder, that the GTMEDIA programming team can correct this level of difference, I think for now we should start from the level of S2 signals to To get a better summary, I will also try to borrow this finder from my friend and compare all the modulations with my ALPSAT06 and send the pictures here, thank you 😎🌻

maata

Post by maata »

Hello my dear friend
I sent all these settings directly to the company's engineers. They sent me the test version of the modified software. The only item that has changed is the amount of power and the zoom option has been added to the software. The main problem of the company's focus should be on calibration, which it is not. Don't bother to submit photos either. I sent more than 100 photos to the company's technical department. :geek:

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

Hello my friend, dear engineer, with which Finder V8 PRO did you compare and have you sent the pictures to the company? I mean your second finder, please tell me the brand and model, thank you 😎🌻

maata

Post by maata »

Hi :P
I have many devices for this job. On all of them, there is a power difference between 3 and 5 dB in a fixed place, except for this finder. At the same
time as this product, I bought the Satlink ST-6989 device, which was measured with professional spectrum analyzers. There is one size.

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

Amin nasab,
We have nothing more to send as some kind of evidence that is interpreted by the great CAJE expert as a faulty installation. He has no idea what an example means. It is on weak and extremely weak signals that you can see the difference between this garbage and other devices. Here I have at home an Amiko-TSC1270, a Dr-HD 1000 Combo and an old but still useful Horizon HD-T2 for teresstial area. All tested and verified with Promax Ranger Neo3 and Triax MCT 085-4K. I have them in a company that installs common antenna systems. I have been doing this job for 28 years. The problem here is that GT Media has no experts in that field, so they are spouting nonsense. The best one for me is this CAJE who told me to throw away all these instruments of mine, because they are no good. He only trusts the results provided by GT Media finders. He has no idea what is MER, BER, C/N, power, quality, and especially what dBuV is. If all my instruments measure 50dBuV for the same signal, then this GT Media 8 finder pro should show it as well. But it measures it according to some of his own algorithms and shows 79dBuV one time, 86dBuV the next, 91dBuV the third time, etc. This happens with all the data. MER on all my devices is 26dB, and on GT Meda 38, then 31, then 42. C/N the same. And it's best for me when a signal is weak, below 28dBuV. That junk measures it as 91-94dBuV. Totally unreliable and inaccurate. A toy for older children.

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

Hazl wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:23 pm
Amin nasab,
We have nothing more to send as some kind of evidence that is interpreted by the great CAJE expert as a faulty installation. He has no idea what an example means. It is on weak and extremely weak signals that you can see the difference between this garbage and other devices. Here I have at home an Amiko-TSC1270, a Dr-HD 1000 Combo and an old but still useful Horizon HD-T2 for teresstial area. All tested and verified with Promax Ranger Neo3 and Triax MCT 085-4K. I have them in a company that installs common antenna systems. I have been doing this job for 28 years. The problem here is that GT Media has no experts in that field, so they are spouting nonsense. The best one for me is this CAJE who told me to throw away all these instruments of mine, because they are no good. He only trusts the results provided by GT Media finders. He has no idea what is MER, BER, C/N, power, quality, and especially what dBuV is. If all my instruments measure 50dBuV for the same signal, then this GT Media 8 finder pro should show it as well. But it measures it according to some of his own algorithms and shows 79dBuV one time, 86dBuV the next, 91dBuV the third time, etc. This happens with all the data. MER on all my devices is 26dB, and on GT Meda 38, then 31, then 42. C/N the same. And it's best for me when a signal is weak, below 28dBuV. That junk measures it as 91-94dBuV. Totally unreliable and inaccurate. A toy for older children.

Greetings, dear engineer, today I am going to receive the V8 PRO as a loan to do tests with this set finder and I will compare it with Alpsat 06 on 2 fixed positions, Yahsat 52.5E and Eutelsat 7B/7C (7E and I will test and check all the details about all the modulation (PWR, CN, MER, S, Q, BER) with 3 frequencies S2 / S in vertical and horizontal polarity with pictures and documents and all the errors and cases which is out of calibration, I will notify the company so that the GTEDIA programming team can work on it, I did the same thing yesterday with the Finder V8 version 2 black, and all the calibration issues are sent to the GTMEDIA manufacturer in the post https:// I showed www.freesat.cn/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72 ... 55#p127855 so that the company's engineers and the programming team pay the necessary attention to correct the general modulation issues, of course, in the satellite and frequency section. S2/S must do the necessary investigation and level the existing errors. Thank you, my good friend and colleague, I hope the problems will be solved 😎🌻

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

maata wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:19 pm
Hi :P
I have many devices for this job. On all of them, there is a power difference between 3 and 5 dB in a fixed place, except for this finder. At the same
time as this product, I bought the Satlink ST-6989 device, which was measured with professional spectrum analyzers. There is one size.

Hello, dear engineer and my good friend, congratulations, be healthy and use it happily, I also have alpsat 06 and finder V8 version 2 black and I really wanted to get satlink, but in my country, Iran, satlink products are not imported at all and only Products such as Premium, X Cruiser, and Unique Star are imported that do not have the required quality, thank you 😎🌻

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

I've never had the Alpsat 06 in my hands, but I believe it's fine. Compare them and you will see the difference, especially for terrestrial reception. I'm waiting for the results.

Amin nasab

Post by Amin nasab »

Hazl wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:33 pm
I've never had the Alpsat 06 in my hands, but I believe it's fine. Compare them and you will see the difference, especially for terrestrial reception. I'm waiting for the results.
Greetings my good friend, I was supposed to receive the V8 PRO tonight, but it hasn't arrived yet, I will definitely compare with my eyes and I will put all the errors of the 6 modulation members with a picture with a document and proof that the GTMEDIA software support team will definitely work on it. It calibrates the modulation quickly, the same as all finders in the market such as Germantec, SATLINK, SATHIRO, X Cruiser, Premium and other popular and expensive brands in the market such as ALPSAT06, DR HD and PROMAX, thank you 😎🌻

C0D3R

Post by C0D3R »

Hi, how to active zoom signal?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

C0D3R wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:26 pm
Hi, how to active zoom signal?
Normally just press the info button two or three times.

This has been done for the Finder 2, Not sure if done for the finder Pro.
15/02/2023
Change log:
1. Press INFO twice, display s and q, oversized signal bar
GTMedia_V8Finder2_V460_20230215.zip
Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

maata

Post by maata »

Hello friends :ugeek:
today the software was sent to me again by the company. The measurement on both the terrestrial and satellite transmitter systems has improved significantly.
The only thing I reported to the company is the beep sound of the device, which is always constant. It does not decrease or increase with the movement of the dish.
The signal zoom option added in the previous version of the software is activated by pressing the info button twice.
I predict that the software will be officially presented by the company next week.

Hazl

Post by Hazl »

Yes, I got it today too. V3.30. Yes, the measurement results have been improved, but it still needs to be refined. Finally, now there is unlocked in strength. But it still shows weaker signals of 30dBuV level as 50dBuV. That's better than before, when it was showing 80-90dBuV. Zoom is fine. It would be good if the device stayed on a tuned satellite or transmitter. This is how it is constantly reset by default. Let's say it's with terrestrial channels CH5. It should stay on the last measured channel. The same applies to satellites. If the last chosen one was "Hot Bird" then it should stay that way, not BulgariaSat1. So it should remember the last setting, and not always return to the default, in this case BulgariaSAT1.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”