GTMedia V8Finder 2 and LNB

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Talkhadov

GTMedia V8Finder 2 and LNB

Post by Talkhadov »

GTMedia V8Finder 2, GTMedia V8Finder 2 does not work well with some models lnb signal disappears. AB, Multifeed Megasat etc.
Pro is no version, I don’t know how compatibility is there.
I tested for a long time, checked the diseqc, changed the wires, etc. And I came to the conclusion that the problem is with some universal models lnb.
On the forum, it’s not worth waiting for the problem to be fixed, here they always have everything fine on their part.
In addition to cosmetic edits, nothing is fixed in each new firmware.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTMedia V8Finder 2 and LNB

Post by Feralkiwi »

Is the issue with the lower band of universal LNB's?

I have seen issues with early model hardware versions of finders due to the power supply for the LNB switching at 22kHz and making the universal LNB switch to the upper band.

If you have a tone type finder that you can add to the LNB cable you would be able to see if this is the issue as the tone type finder will show 22kHz "ON".

The early hardware finder 2 (green) had a 3.7v battery that I think is too small for the unit's power needs at peak LNB current use, like LNB power on moments.
Later finder 2 (grey) had the 7.2v battery.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”