V8 finder pro can't boot

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Bru_no

V8 finder pro can't boot

Post by Bru_no »

My V8 finder that i have bought recently isn't working anymore,
Was pointing an antenna when the screen turned half black and half white, the firmware was upgraded some days a go to the lastest version but worked fine until now.
When i turn it on the screen remains like in photo with all the lights on, then it turns black and comes like in photo again with only power and 13V/18V lights.
I will try to flash the firmware via USB if it works.
Any suggestion is accepted
Attachments
IMG_20230502_142701.jpg
IMG_20230502_142701.jpg (3.08 MiB) Viewed 775 times

Bru_no

Re: V8 finder pro can't boot

Post by Bru_no »

UPDATE
Booting up with the menu key pressed and the USB drive with the .bin worked, after about a minute the finder starter working again!

Bru_no

Post by Bru_no »

The problem come back again, seems like a graphics/screen issue since the device is working, if i press ok it enters in satellite search mode an i can hear the beeper and see 22k light.
I will try to downgrade the software to the original version, if it dosn't work i will contact the seller or the assistance

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The plug for the AV in has a switch in it to disconnect the screen from the main unit.
Plug a long 3.5mm plug in and out and also look into that plug connection for any dirt.

The LCD button turns on off the display, but seems to also do some software set up of the display.
Try pressing the LCD button.

You should be able to see what is happening if you plug in a HDMI cable to a TV.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”