Problems with V8 Finders

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

williamgeorgefraser

Problems with V8 Finders

Post by williamgeorgefraser »

Hi, everyone. New here.
Living on a boat in France, a satfinder is essential. 2 years ago, I bought a V8 and had my system up and running in 5 minutes. Last week, I tried to set up a friend's dish and had a 70% signal wherever the dish was pointing but no input to receiver. My own dish, on Astra 28.2E, stopped receiving programmes a few days ago. I tried to reset the dish but had 70% signal all the time and slow beep. Managed to get to Arabsat 30.5E and C-Badr 26 E by chance but no Astra 28.2. I changed the LNB and cable, but still the same. Received a new V8 Finder 2 today but the problem remains. 60% signal on all sats even pointing north. Do I need a new dish? If not, what can be wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Problems with V8 Finders

Post by Feralkiwi »

With a universal LNB there are four options for signal.
22kHz off V and H, 22kHz on V and H
If you select one that does not have a signal then you will not see the satellite.

Check that the menu option for LNB power is not set to off.
Also on a known sat, turn the LNB power off then on to check if the LNB over current has tripped.

With your older finder, check that the LNB connector is not loose on the circuit board.
There is a lot of mechanical force on that connection, I use a push on F plug to stop that.

If you have a tone type finder, put that in the LNB cable so you can see if there is power to the LNB.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”