Settings in GTMedia V8 Finder 2 for Quattro LNB

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

slicht-3

Settings in GTMedia V8 Finder 2 for Quattro LNB

Post by slicht-3 »

Hi there,
I am trying to set up my dish using a Quattro LNB to receive ASTRA 19.2° E.
First, I used a single LNB to align the dish and had good success using the transponder 11954H and
the following settings for the LNB:
LNB Freq: KU(9750-10600)
Diseq: Disabled
22K: Auto
LNB Power: Auto
Motor Setup: None

Using these settings, I was able to align the dish properly.

Now, when I mount the Quattro LNB (Televes SP44EN) I do not have any signal anymore.
I used Horizontal Highband, Transponder 12545 with the same LNB settings as above.
When I switch to 10744 horizontal lowband (and change the connector to the H/L connector), i also do not see a signal anymore.

Can someone help me in finding the correct Settings for the Quattro LNB? I am an electronics engineer, but never had some experiences in HF technologies.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Chris

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: Settings in GTMedia V8 Finder 2 for Quattro LNB

Post by CAJE »

You have four exits
The first is Horizontal low band
The Second Vertical Low Band
The third is Horizontal high band
The fourth is Vertical high band
It is an LNB for neighborhood communities with four different lines depending on the provider.

slicht-3

Post by slicht-3 »

Hi CAJE,
thank you for your quick answer.
Yes, indeed, the LNB has 4 exits, I know. Each one of these is one band, as you explained.

My question is how to set the LNB-Settings in GTMedia V8 Finder 2 for testing if the dish is correctly aligned.
As described in my previous post, I already did the dish alignment using an other, single LNB using the LNB Parameters in V8 Finder 2 which i mentioned earlier.

I did have a superb output signal on this single LNB. But when I now unmount the single LNB from the dish and mount the quattro LNB I mentioned in my first post, I am not able to detect any signal anymore using the V8 Finder 2. I did switch the V8 Finder 2 to transponders which are transported in the band where I connected the V8 finder 2 to the corresponding connector of the quattro LNB.

Now I am wondering why v8 Finder 2 says we do not have any input signal even though I have a well-aligned dish (proven by the measurements I did on the single LNB before) and configured a transponder in v8 Finder2 which is broadcasted on the band where I connected the v8 Finder 2 on the quattro LNB.
I would expect the v8 Finder2 to detect an sufficient input signal in this case.

Do I have to adjust the LNB settings in v8 Finder2 or can you figure out so more processual mistaktes I did so far?

LONGT

Post by LONGT »

If you can post photos of all 2 lnb,

slicht-3

Post by slicht-3 »

Hi,
please see the photos of the two LNBs on the corresponding manufacturer website (I do not own the photos):
Single LNB:
Megasat Hd Profi https://www.megasat.tv/produkt/hd-profi-single-lnb/

Quattro LNB:
Televes SP 44 EN https://www.televes.com/de/lnb-quattro- ... hh-vh.html

LONGT

Post by LONGT »

I think the problem is just lnb with 4 outputs, it was enough to take one with 4 universal outputs

slicht-3

Post by slicht-3 »

I do not think - maybe I have to give some more information about the whole setting:

The satellite dish is on a house with 3 apartments. Each apartment has 4 antenna connectors. 12 lines in total. All these cables are connected to the following multi switch: https://www.televes.com/de/745955-monta ... gange.html
The Quattro LNB is necessary to feed the 4 separate band signals into this multiswitch: Horizontal High, Horizontal Low, Vertical High, Vertical Low.

For aligning the dish I used a single LNB with the GTMedia v8 Finder 2 connected directly to this LNB. With this setting I was able to do a proper alignment of the dish. Then I mounted the quattro LNB instead of the single LNB and did also connect the v8 Finder 2 directly to the Horizontal High Band Output of the Quattro LNB. I would then expect a good signal when I configure the v8 Finder 2 to receive a transponder sent in Horizontal High band (i used 12545).
But there is no signal detected any more. Therefore, i wonder if the LNB settings in v8 Finder 2 which i did for Single LNB were also correct for this quattro LNB - I do not think so, because otherwise I would expect the v8 Finder 2 to detect a good signal.
My question is: How do I have to configure the LNB settings in v8 Finder 2 for use on the quattro LNB?

LONGT

Post by LONGT »

I'd just be content to do a great aiming with the V8 then if all the links are ok the rest should be ok too

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

slicht-3 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:26 pm
I do not think - maybe I have to give some more information about the whole setting:

The satellite dish is on a house with 3 apartments. Each apartment has 4 antenna connectors. 12 lines in total. All these cables are connected to the following multi switch: https://www.televes.com/de/745955-monta ... gange.html
The Quattro LNB is necessary to feed the 4 separate band signals into this multiswitch: Horizontal High, Horizontal Low, Vertical High, Vertical Low.

For aligning the dish I used a single LNB with the GTMedia v8 Finder 2 connected directly to this LNB. With this setting I was able to do a proper alignment of the dish. Then I mounted the quattro LNB instead of the single LNB and did also connect the v8 Finder 2 directly to the Horizontal High Band Output of the Quattro LNB. I would then expect a good signal when I configure the v8 Finder 2 to receive a transponder sent in Horizontal High band (i used 12545).
But there is no signal detected any more. Therefore, i wonder if the LNB settings in v8 Finder 2 which i did for Single LNB were also correct for this quattro LNB - I do not think so, because otherwise I would expect the v8 Finder 2 to detect a good signal.
My question is: How do I have to configure the LNB settings in v8 Finder 2 for use on the quattro LNB?
I would select the universal LNB that picks up both bands on all frequencies.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

slicht-3 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:49 am
Hi there,
I am trying to set up my dish using a Quattro LNB to receive ASTRA 19.2° E.
First, I used a single LNB to align the dish and had good success using the transponder 11954H and
the following settings for the LNB:
LNB Freq: KU(9750-10600)
Diseq: Disabled
22K: Auto
LNB Power: Auto
Motor Setup: None

Using these settings, I was able to align the dish properly.

Now, when I mount the Quattro LNB (Televes SP44EN) I do not have any signal anymore.
I used Horizontal Highband, Transponder 12545 with the same LNB settings as above.
When I switch to 10744 horizontal lowband (and change the connector to the H/L connector), i also do not see a signal anymore.

Can someone help me in finding the correct Settings for the Quattro LNB? I am an electronics engineer, but never had some experiences in HF technologies.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Chris
The four outputs on the quatro are one for each band / polarity

With the finder.
Low band H use LNB 9750
Low V use 9750
High band V and H use 10600
set polarity to H or V only so scans only load TP's as H or V.
If you leave the polarity set to auto, when you scan the TP's will load in both H and V and when you look through the multi switch half the scanned channels will not work as they are a H tp and scanned as V.

You could also align using 9750/10600 through the multi switch on a long cable back outside to the dish.

Note some LNB's O degrees point are 45 or 90 degrees off from other LNB's, so if you set with another LNB and swap, check the skew.
Use the finder at the dish to set skew with a known TP on the correct output for that band / polarity.
If the TP's are at high power levels, I set a TP in the finder incorrectly as V instead of H and tune the LNB skew (rotation) to the center of the minimum (No Signal) point.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

slicht-3

Post by slicht-3 »

Hi Owen,

thank you a lot for you detailed explanation! This was the information I was looking for.

I will try to check again on the roof on saturday, hopefully having some success :)

Best regards,
Chris

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”