V8 Finder Pro2 disappointment and possible improvements

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Guerrero

V8 Finder Pro2 disappointment and possible improvements

Post by Guerrero »

Hello, I am a new user of a V8 Finder Pro2....I bought it thinking it was a semi-professional device but I am quite disappointed.

I have many GTMedia devices and I think this is the one that has disappointed me the most and made me question this brand.

The problem I have is regarding the DVB-T/T2 signal. The tuner is very insensitive, where other brands and receivers find a signal without any problem, this internal tuner is too deaf and cannot find it.

My tips for future updates are:

- Improve DVB.T/T2 tuner gain

-Improve the beep, in this device there are only 2 types of sound in the beep (without signal = long time between beeps, with signal = short time between beeps). Other brands have more variety of beeps when tuning the signal, from longer to continuous beeping when the signal is optimal. Sometimes while you move the antenna, it is not possible to have the device nearby, because the antenna is on a mast and you have to guide yourself by sound, or sometimes it is not possible to look at the device while you move the antenna, because the antenna is in a difficult place. .

- Correctly optimize the BER, MER, CN values....shows higher values than the real ones.

- Being able to modify the intensity of the screen brightness manually, sometimes it is difficult to see the screen when you are outside.

If this device improves the above, includes an internal WIFI module and an internal Electro-compass in the calculation section, it would be a perfect device.

Unfortunately, right now it is for new hobbyists, and I, who consider myself an expert hobbyist, am disappointed with the device.

Sorry but, lately I see GTMedia as a ship without direction...trying to make money without yet having any device that is really worthwhile and of quality.

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: V8 Finder Pro2 disappointment and possible improvements

Post by CAJE »

High quality field meters are designed to minimize discrepancies between theoretical measurements and actual measurements. They use advanced algorithms and high-quality hardware components to ensure accurate and consistent measurements under various signal conditions. In summary, by using the V8 Finder Pro 2 and following best practices, you can be confident that the MER, BER, and C/N measurements provided are representative of actual signal conditions. However, there may always be some inherent variability due to specific installation and environmental conditions.

Can you provide information as to why you have come to the conclusion that it is the V8 Finder 2 that fails?

Guerrero

Post by Guerrero »

I have another xxxx amateur meter and a xxxxprofessional meter since I am in telecommunications. I use xxx in complicated situations with difficult access to the antennas, since I don't want to put my xxxx in danger unless necessary, but xxxis still something big when you have to climb a mast or a ladder, I was looking for something small and V8 Finder Pro fit my needs.

Xxxxx although not 100% accurate like the xxxx, is quite close to reality.

V8 finder Pro not so much, it shows more inaccurate and higher values than any other.

This is not really a big problem, knowing that it shows, for example, 5 dbuV more than reality in power or 5 Db more in MER, you can do the calculations mentally, although it does not adjust to reality, the problem that I see is that it still continues to mark when it does not There is a cable connected...this may negatively interfere when searching for a signal.

The problem I really see, as I said, is that the tuner is very insensitive and does not capture the signal well in difficult places. It should have more gain/power. For a V8 finder Pro, the tuner looks like it's from a simple poor quality DVB-T Receiver from Alibaba....

We have to remember that this device will be used mainly to search for signals in places with difficult signals, to adjust the Antenna to the maximum or at least that is what I use it for. To install an antenna that is a few meters from an transmitter, I do not use this device, I use a simple satfinder/DVB-T finder, since there is a direct view of the transmitter. It is necessary that the internal tuner of this device be good....

It's like buying a BMW that instead of steel screws, comes with plastic screws....

As I said, As minimum for future updates are:

- Improve DVB.T/T2 tuner gain

-Improve the beep, in this device there are only 2 types of sound in the beep (without signal = long time between beeps, with signal = short time between beeps). Other brands have more variety of beeps when tuning the signal, from longer to continuous beeping when the signal is optimal. Sometimes while you move the antenna, it is not possible to have the device nearby, because the antenna is on a mast and you have to guide yourself by sound, or sometimes it is not possible to look at the device while you move the antenna, because the antenna is in a difficult place. .

- Being able to modify the intensity of the screen brightness manually, sometimes it is difficult to see the screen when you are outside.

- Correctly optimize the BER, MER, CN values....shows higher values than the real ones.

makiju

Post by makiju »

Hi,
I am new here and been working with sat-systems etc. for decades..
Just for your info, that I managed to get decent DVB-T signal by changing cable to thick one, instead of pretty thin extension cable.
Even that was working fine with TV, but not with pro2.

Guerrero

Post by Guerrero »

makiju wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:38 pm
Hi,
I am new here and been working with sat-systems etc. for decades..
Just for your info, that I managed to get decent DVB-T signal by changing cable to thick one, instead of pretty thin extension cable.
Even that was working fine with TV, but not with pro2.
It's not a cable problem...

-xxxxxxxxxl + 1.5m Coaxial cable from the wall outlet. Perfect signal without freezing around 60%, PWR of 55 DbuV and MER of 23 db. (There are Splitters up to here, or so only PWR55)

-LG TV + 1.5m Coaxial cable from the wall socket --> Perfect without freezing

-xxxxxxxx 265 brand DVB-T2 receiver + 1.5m Coaxial cable from the wall socket --> Also Perfect

-xxxxxxx DVB-T2 receiver + 1.5m Coaxial cable from the wall socket --> Also Perfect

-V8 Finder Pro2 + 1.5m Coaxial cable from the wall socket --> No signal on some frequencies or with many pixelations.

This is the problem when you marry bad software with a low quality tuner chip.

Manufacturers have not yet realized that consumers prefer to pay 5€ more for the device if this means better quality of the components.....they have not yet realized this in China.

These low qualities gradually cause the death of a company.

You can fool the client 1 time, but 2 times the same client is difficult.....

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

From the data you provide, you have a signal problem that you should improve. You have very low data.
You are a professional and you know that there are many factors that you must take into account why you do not have good data

Guerrero

Post by Guerrero »

CAJE wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:11 pm
From the data you provide, you have a signal problem that you should improve. You have very low data.
You are a professional and you know that there are many factors that you must take into account why you do not have good data
hahahaha

Always avoiding accepting that the device is miserable....

All users report errors in DVB-T tuner....are we all wrong or is it simply GTMEDIA that does not want to accept its errors and produces 1 different model every day to make money and deceive customers? I think instead of blaming customers they could get to work on updates.

My installation is not optimal because I have Splitters but it is correct within the law. In fact, even connected directly to the antenna with 1.5 meters of cable you can notice that the DVB-T tuner is insensitive and has less gain than other brands.

As I said with xxxx and xxxxI don't have these problems....

Friend, my data is correct within the range established by the EUROPEAN telecommunications law in Brussels BOE-A-2022-10757 Law 11/2022

Maybe in China a Coca-Cola can as an antenna is enough...NOT in Europe.

There are some laws here and I think that GTMEDIA has not manufactured this device respecting the laws...simply with cheap components inside or simply without any Idea copying from the competition even with the errors + producing new errors.

It could be a good device, but unfortunately not. Pity.

salah

Post by salah »

Guerrero wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:31 am
CAJE wrote:
hahahaha

All users report errors in DVB-T tuner....are we all wrong or is it simply GTMEDIA that does not want to accept its errors and produces 1 different model every day to make money and deceive customers? I think instead of blaming customers they could get to work on updates.

My installation is not optimal because I have Splitters but it is correct within the law. In fact, even connected directly to the antenna with 1.5 meters of cable you can notice that the DVB-T tuner is insensitive and has less gain than other brands.

As I said with Promax and Satlink I don't have these problems....

Friend, my data is correct within the range established by the EUROPEAN telecommunications law in Brussels BOE-A-2022-10757 Law 11/2022

There are some laws here and I think that GTMEDIA has not manufactured this device respecting the laws...simply with cheap components inside or simply without any Idea copying from the competition even with the errors + producing new errors.

They do not accept the truth....
¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Guerrero wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:31 am
CAJE wrote:
hahahaha

As I said with Promax and Satlink I don't have these problems....

To improve DVB-T signal quality and avoid these problems, it is important to identify and correct the underlying cause of the low PWR and MER values you are experiencing. This may involve adjusting the antenna, improving the wiring, reducing electromagnetic interference or other corrective measures as necessary, because such low data is best achieved with a homemade antenna using only a coaxial cable, exposing 12 cm of the live.

Guerrero

Post by Guerrero »

CAJE wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:51 pm
To improve DVB-T signal quality and avoid these problems, it is important to identify and correct the underlying cause of the low PWR and MER values you are experiencing. This may involve adjusting the antenna, improving the wiring, reducing electromagnetic interference or other corrective measures as necessary, because such low data is best achieved with a homemade antenna using only a coaxial cable, exposing 12 cm of the live.
You have no idea or arguments, right?

I repeat again that the values are within the normal range for European telecommunications.

The only device that has problems is the GTMEDIA V8 Finder, none of my other devices have this problem.

Do not continue down the path that it is a signal, antenna or similar problem. I have one of the best antennas you can buy in Europe, I have already told you in another post.

Start working on better updates please. We are quite a few affected users.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Guerrero wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:06 pm
CAJE wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:51 pm
You have no idea or arguments, right?

I repeat again that the values are within the normal range for European telecommunications.

The only device that has problems is the GTMEDIA V8 Finder, none of my other devices have this problem.

Do not continue down the path that it is a signal, antenna or similar problem. I have one of the best antennas you can buy in Europe, I have already told you in another post.

Start working on better updates please. We are quite a few affected users.
I give you three images that work correctly in your country
Data within current ICT2 regulations
You must know how to interpret that the data you have provided is very bad, instead of criticizing you should ask how it is used.
Attachments
Good sign 3.jpg
Good sign 3.jpg (129.01 KiB) Viewed 335 times
Good sign 2.jpg
Good sign 2.jpg (121.54 KiB) Viewed 335 times
Good sign 1.jpg
Good sign 1.jpg (121.73 KiB) Viewed 335 times

Guerrero

Post by Guerrero »

CAJE wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:04 am

I give you three images that work correctly in your country
Data within current ICT2 regulations
You must know how to interpret that the data you have provided is very bad, instead of criticizing you should ask how it is used.
Talking to Chinese people is wasting time, I know this from experience after working with them for 7 years. They will never accept a mistake....

Obviously the device works, but the DVB-T tuner is very insensitive. The tuner lacks gain !

Obviously the device with 100dBuV as in your photo (which by the way has signal saturation, there it must mark a maximum of 80 according to European law) as you can see, you are 20 dBuV above the range.

To do a correct test, you must take a professional meter and the V8Finder pro, you will see how the values have nothing to do with each other.

A good meter and a good tuner (even a simple DVB-T receiver) with a minimum signal of 50 dBuV and a MER of 22 dB (REAL data) must be able to display the channel since this is indicated by the telecommunications law. European. If it is not possible to see a channel correctly with these parameters then the device is not well calibrated or shows erroneous values, as is the case with the V8 Finder pro.

The European range indicates that the optical signal is between the values:

Power: 47-77 dBuV
CN: +25 dB
MER: +22 dB

If your device, having these values, cannot see a frequency or channels correctly, then something is not right with the device.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

PWR of 50 dBμV is very low, you should achieve approximately a PWR of 100 dBμV, This way you will achieve a power of 60 dBμV, which will be within technical parameters Power: 47-77 dBμV, you will have an approximate power of 30 dBμV, That's why C/N and the MER are so low, in your city with Any antenna with an amplifier would be enough for you to have the same signals that I have given you.

Guerrero

Post by Guerrero »

CAJE wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:00 pm
PWR of 50 dBμV is very low, you should achieve approximately a PWR of 100 dBμV, This way you will achieve a power of 60 dBμV, which will be within technical parameters Power: 47-77 dBμV, you will have an approximate power of 30 dBμV, That's why C/N and the MER are so low, in your city with Any antenna with an amplifier would be enough for you to have the same signals that I have given you.

Friend, this is a vicious circle....

50dDuV and 23dB of MER obviously at the end of the socket where the TV is connected, not at the Antenna.....directly on the antenna I have approximately 76dBuV

At the final socket (on the wall) the range must be >47dBuV and >22dB MER and i have 50dDuV and 23dB of MER, enough.

As I say, other devices DO NOT HAVE a reception problem in the final connection.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

26 dBs of loss in the PWR, the information worsens, what bad installation have you done?

In the header you tell me that you have a PWR of 76 dBμV, which will be approximately 49 dBμV of power, which is 2 dBs away from being outside the 47-77 regulations. You have to change that antenna, which does not have enough power to give a correct signal throughout. In your home, when you have a PWR of 100 dBμV in the V8 Finder Pro 2 at the head, you can now look at the installation including antenna sockets that will be defective. If you want to follow the advice you do it, if not continue blaming a Finder because you don't know how it works, plus you lie to me saying that you are a professional, a professional would have already solved it, the finder works perfectly that's why I think you just want to criticize the brand

Guerrero

Post by Guerrero »

CAJE wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:44 am
26 dBs of loss in the PWR, the information worsens, what bad installation have you done?

In the header you tell me that you have a PWR of 76 dBμV, which will be approximately 49 dBμV of power, which is 2 dBs away from being outside the 47-77 regulations. You have to change that antenna, which does not have enough power to give a correct signal throughout. In your home, when you have a PWR of 100 dBμV in the V8 Finder Pro 2 at the head, you can now look at the installation including antenna sockets that will be defective. If you want to follow the advice you do it, if not continue blaming a Finder because you don't know how it works, plus you lie to me saying that you are a professional, a professional would have already solved it, the finder works perfectly that's why I think you just want to criticize the brand
I really think you are an nescient and have no idea. Yes, the device is miserable and I keep saying it.

The installation is within European regulations. I also have my professional degree. And do you have any title? Obviously not a copy of a title...a REAL State title.

The 20db drop is normal when using a cascade installation. Do you know what a cascade installation is?

The input on the antenna of 76 is correctly normal, since from 77 there is saturation (you tell me that I have to get 100 hahaha you have no idea what saturation is). You know the European laws before selling a Chinese device in Europe....in China everything is valid in Europe we have a legislature.

As long as in a final shot there is a value of +47 and +22 MER, the installation is within the regulations and if your miserable device cannot capture a signal, then it is because it is a real piece of Chinese garbage.

This is a simple cheap poor quality triple tunner with a screen....It is not a professional device.

Are all customers lying? I leave you opinions from several countries with the same problem....Spain, Germany, Italy and Portugal, all report a bad signal on the device in the DVB-T tuner...This is only regarding the DVB-T problem ....obviously to many other comments in many other stores with the same problem even in this same forum...

Since I think my English is not the same as that spoken in China, from now on I will answer only with images. Maybe that way you'll understand better.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

In your other thread, i have put a question.

Den

Guerrero

Post by Guerrero »

STRETCH wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:41 pm
In your other thread, i have put a question.

Den
hi Den,

I have responded there with all the data.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=19162&p=151065#p151065

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”