IMPORTANT! BUY A GENUINE V8 FINDER INSTEAD OF COPY V8 FINDER

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Gerard_Dirks

Re: IMPORTANT! BUY A GENUINE V8 FINDER INSTEAD OF COPY V8 FINDER

Post by Gerard_Dirks »

Hello

Last week I ordered an SatLink WS-9616 from a store in Germany. Her contact me that he will send me an Freesat V8 Finder

At the end I received, probably a counterfeit product, name iBRAVEBOX? What is this for a product?

See the pictures!

Is this Fake or Scam?

Regards
Gérard
a6d86b92-3381-47ff-aff3-ede58f6dc055.JPG
a6d86b92-3381-47ff-aff3-ede58f6dc055.JPG (121.92 KiB) Viewed 55394 times
713ea567-0bff-4f49-a072-1239a2d13842.JPG
713ea567-0bff-4f49-a072-1239a2d13842.JPG (116.55 KiB) Viewed 55394 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It is not a Freesat unit.

It will work as is, but do NOT try to load Freesat software on it.

You may find a site for that make that offers support.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

I just had a longer conversation with Ebay where I have filed a complaint against an ebay provider. First of all, and very important, do not buy a Satfinder V8 which is also offered as Satlink 6916 on Ebay. The pictures show an original Satfinder V8, but an iBRAVEBOX is delivered. This fake box is by no means compatible with firmware versions of Freesat or GT Media. As Owen has already written, the buyers of this box have to search for software on the Internet, and I also wish them luck. I am happy to inform you of the names of both Ebay accounts. ecommerce12x and tronic-circle9x with shipping point Mörfelden-Walldorf. I already have a few messages about incorrectly supplied receiver. Among other things, a buyer the seller had offered € 8 refund. This is an absolute XXXX, for the deliberate deceit of a buyer

Ich hatte gerade eine längeres Gespräch mit Ebay wo ich Beschwerde gegen einen ebay Anbieter eingelegt habe. Zuerst einmal und sehr wichtig, kauft euch keinen Satfinder V8 der auch unter satlink 6916 bei Ebay angeboten wird. Die Bilder zeigen zwar einen originalen Satfinder V8, aber geliefert wird eine iBRAVEBOX. Diese gefälschte Box ist auf keinen Fall kompatibel mit Firmware Versionen von Freesat bzw GT Media. Wie Owen schon geschrieben hat müssen sich die Käufer dieser Box eine Software im Internet suchen, wobei ich ebenfalls viel Glück wünsche. Gerne teile ich euch auch die Namen der beiden Ebay-Accounts mit. ecommerce12x und tronic-circle9x mit Versandort Mörfelden-Walldorf. Ich habe schon ein paar Meldungen über verkehrt gelieferte Receiver. Unter anderem ein Einkäufer dem der Verkäufer 8 € Rückerstattung angeboten hatte. Das ist der absolute Witz für das bewusste täuschen eines Käufers.
Don Quijote for satellite systems

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Also the very early Freesat finder with the screwed on battery cover had issues.
The power supply for the 13/18V for the LNB switched at 22kHz, so DiSEqC commands could not be sent and universal LNB's would only access the high band.

The finder clone shown above by Gerard Dirks has the screw on battery cover and may be stock from that time.

Gerard Dirks: Can you check if your finder will switch DiSEqC and can use the lower band of a Universal LNB?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

flekilloloco

Post by flekilloloco »

Gracias por el aviso

rogerio_rodrigues

Post by rogerio_rodrigues »

Good Morning !

When will the Gtmedia BT05 be released?

riguial

Post by riguial »

Muchas gracias por la información, estoy por comprar uno :D

agungwg

Post by agungwg »

a few months ago i bought a satfinder, and i just saw this forum, it turns out i had a fake satfinder, and it can't be returned :(

GTC_GO

Post by GTC_GO »

Where to buy the originals?

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

GTC_GO wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:20 am
Where to buy the originals?
https://www.freesat.cc/

trinidex

Post by trinidex »

Hello

I bought this V8 on Amazon
20190910_084605.png
20190910_084605.png (699.61 KiB) Viewed 55068 times
GT Media V8 Satellite Finder Signal Meter Upgraded TV DVB-S2/S2X Receiver Sat Detector, HD 1080P Free to Air FTA 3.5" LCD Built-in 3000mAh Battery for Adjusting Sat Dish

Sold by: Aoxune

Can someone tell me if it's Genuine please ? :?:

Thanks

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

trinidex wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:49 am
Hello

I bought this V8 on Amazon

GT Media V8 Satellite Finder Signal Meter Upgraded TV DVB-S2/S2X Receiver Sat Detector, HD 1080P Free to Air FTA 3.5" LCD Built-in 3000mAh Battery for Adjusting Sat Dish

Sold by: Aoxune

Can someone tell me if it's Genuine please ? :?:

Thanks
Have you read entire post? Did you look at pictures from post#1. Do the comparison

Gerard_Dirks

Post by Gerard_Dirks »

After a lot of the discussions I send the counterfeit back (advice from ebay) and got a full refund from ebay, because it was covered by a protection of paypal!

So all will be advised not to buy from ecommerce12x

I ordered the original direct from china for a fair prices € 50.95. The unit was received within 11 days (3 days waiting at Swiss customs)

I am very happy!

I have 2 issues
1) the LCD screen is a glossy screen! It would be better if it will be replaced in future with a matte screen.
2) the sensity of the unit isn't no a accurate as the builtin SafFinder of the DreamBox. The Dreambox gives me about 95% signal. The Freest shows only 78-82% with the same cabling. I think this could be fixed by an new firmware

Gérard

skywtcher

Post by skywtcher »

Saludos ,

El asunto con GT Media y su origen hace practicamente imposible saber qué es original y qué no lo es.
Ni siquiera la manufactura permite identificarlo.
Yo compre uno y sale tal cual la foto azul y dorado, dice meter y es V-73HD
SW 105.5.107 / Hw v1.20
No me importa si es ó no es clone ,todo me funciona...

El que compra Chino sabe lo que compra...asi que sin dolor...me gusta el aparatito...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Gerard_Dirks wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:06 pm
After a lot of the discussions I send the counterfeit back (advice from ebay) and got a full refund from ebay, because it was covered by a protection of paypal!

So all will be advised not to buy from ecommerce12x

I ordered the original direct from china for a fair prices € 50.95. The unit was received within 11 days (3 days waiting at Swiss customs)

I am very happy!

I have 2 issues
1) the LCD screen is a glossy screen! It would be better if it will be replaced in future with a matte screen.
2) the sensity of the unit isn't no a accurate as the builtin SafFinder of the DreamBox. The Dreambox gives me about 95% signal. The Freest shows only 78-82% with the same cabling. I think this could be fixed by an new firmware

Gérard
Remember that the reported signal strength etc is a refference only and not a db reading.
Each unit will report relevent to other signale with the same unit.

I use an external "tone" sat finder with the Freesat finder when tuning a dish to find the center of the signal and then the Freesat finder for the fine tuning like skew etc.

Owen

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

pegasus07 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:03 pm
I just had a longer conversation with Ebay where I have filed a complaint against an ebay provider. First of all, and very important, do not buy a Satfinder V8 which is also offered as Satlink 6916 on Ebay. The pictures show an original Satfinder V8, but an iBRAVEBOX is delivered. This fake box is by no means compatible with firmware versions of Freesat or GT Media. As Owen has already written, the buyers of this box have to search for software on the Internet, and I also wish them luck. I am happy to inform you of the names of both Ebay accounts. ecommerce12x and tronic-circle9x with shipping point Mörfelden-Walldorf. I already have a few messages about incorrectly supplied receiver. Among other things, a buyer the seller had offered € 8 refund. This is an absolute XXXX, for the deliberate deceit of a buyer

Ich hatte gerade eine längeres Gespräch mit Ebay wo ich Beschwerde gegen einen ebay Anbieter eingelegt habe. Zuerst einmal und sehr wichtig, kauft euch keinen Satfinder V8 der auch unter satlink 6916 bei Ebay angeboten wird. Die Bilder zeigen zwar einen originalen Satfinder V8, aber geliefert wird eine iBRAVEBOX. Diese gefälschte Box ist auf keinen Fall kompatibel mit Firmware Versionen von Freesat bzw GT Media. Wie Owen schon geschrieben hat müssen sich die Käufer dieser Box eine Software im Internet suchen, wobei ich ebenfalls viel Glück wünsche. Gerne teile ich euch auch die Namen der beiden Ebay-Accounts mit. ecommerce12x und tronic-circle9x mit Versandort Mörfelden-Walldorf. Ich habe schon ein paar Meldungen über verkehrt gelieferte Receiver. Unter anderem ein Einkäufer dem der Verkäufer 8 € Rückerstattung angeboten hatte. Das ist der absolute Witz für das bewusste täuschen eines Käufers.

There are two new sellers under the same address sharegoods 1x and focusonyou 1x
Attention if the term appears "Markenlos" you should not buy because no original part is guaranteed to be sent.

Es gibt zwei neue Verkäufer unter der gleichen Adresse: Sharegoods 1x und Focusonyou 1x
Achtung, wenn der Begriff "Markenlos" erscheint, sollten Sie ihn nicht kaufen, da garantiert kein Originalteil versandt wird.
Don Quijote for satellite systems

acuaroyale

Post by acuaroyale »

Hello, is the seller GTmedia on the US Amazon site legitimate?

GTmedia Storefront

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A2FY4N0OCEMOZZ&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER
GT MEDIA V8 Satellite Finder Signal Meter Upgraded TV DVB-S2/S2X Receiver Sat Detector, HD 1080P Free to Air FTA 3.5" LCD Built-in 3000mAh Battery for Adjusting Sat Dish

https://www.amazon.com/GT-MEDIA-Satellite-Receiver-Adjusting/dp/B07G862F2L/ref=sr_1_2?m=A2FY4N0OCEMOZZ&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&qid=1568862927&s=merchant-items&sr=1-2
Thank you for your response.

rogerio_rodrigues

Post by rogerio_rodrigues »

BT 05 Finder acaba de sair:

https://youtu.be/FtaW6ExuL9Y

slm285

Post by slm285 »

Oh I see. Thanks for the difference to find the real McCoy. However if I bought a different product for $18usd makes no difference who made it. I would not use it often. If it works it works. If it has problems or errors however GTMedia never fixes my problems on their products all I get is excuses from people with comments about it not being important or excuses that I do not know how to use it, or call me a complainer. Therefore their so called after the sale service.
Last edited by slm285 on Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:38 am, edited 5 times in total.

EmulatedLibra

Post by EmulatedLibra »

Almost got one from a bad seller.

dharya

Post by dharya »

Thanks for the information.

valter

Post by valter »

O meu eu olhei e original pelas fotos da copia e o original o meu tbm tem o leitor de QR quando fiz a leitura do codigo apareceu o site da freesat
E o meu problema continua adicionar as tps e as cordenadas latitude e longitude que começa com o número zero ela não entra

Daviles1992

Post by Daviles1992 »

valter wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:07 am
O meu eu olhei e original pelas fotos da copia e o original o meu tbm tem o leitor de QR quando fiz a leitura do codigo apareceu o site da freesat
E o meu problema continua adicionar as tps e as cordenadas latitude e longitude que começa com o número zero ela não entra

ali@sat

Post by ali@sat »

Hello
The v8 satfinder it's working with dvb s2x (mulristream) frequency?

ali@sat

Post by ali@sat »

Hi
This v8 is original or no?

https://www.amazon.de/LanLan-GTMEDIA-Digitaler-Satellitensucher-Definition/dp/B07QRWWRNR/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=gtmedia+v8+meter&qid=1576625499&sr=8-1

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”