AFRICA SECTION

This area is used to discuss areas that need improvement in GTMEDIA product software translation,If possible, please send your email address to lining or Tom and they will send you a translation form

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

african solidarity

AFRICA SECTION

Post by african solidarity »

Hi:
Please created a section for Africa
I bought a GTMEDIA V8 turbo and dish tripod i am trying to set up in Benin Republic in West Africa, I have Lnb 110, 119, 121 and www.lyngsat.com is advising that everything should be East. I used google map for localization and i find - 81.7 degrees for elevation, true azimuth 194.1 degrees, 180 E intelsat E. please see the picture. I dont know how to sect up a negative angle elevation or angle more than 90 degree plus the GTMEDIA v8 turbo only allow you to select countries located in Europe or America. How can i swish all these including the west orientation of sat.
[][/img]

STRETCH

Re: AFRICA SECTION

Post by STRETCH »

Have a look at web site (dishpointer), the information there, will help you in setting up your dish etc, so that you can receive channels to your receiver.

Den

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

african solidarity wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:33 pm
Hi:
Please created a section for Africa
I bought a GTMEDIA V8 turbo and dish tripod i am trying to set up in Benin Republic in West Africa, I have Lnb 110, 119, 121 and www.lyngsat.com is advising that everything should be East. I used google map for localization and i find - 81.7 degrees for elevation, true azimuth 194.1 degrees, 180 E intelsat E. please see the picture. I dont know how to sect up a negative angle elevation or angle more than 90 degree plus the GTMEDIA v8 turbo only allow you to select countries located in Europe or America. How can i swish all these including the west orientation of sat.
[][/img]
They give me this data
Benin
Benin
IMG_20220702_184739.jpg (207.72 KiB) Viewed 4875 times

african solidarity

Thank you for the guidelines. I put the orientation to the local Canal plus direction and got several TVs channels but all were locked except one. I was able to change all naming of satellites to East and to enter Eutelsat 16 A East, Amos 17 East and to use the lastest firmware GTMEDIA_V8TURBO_Release_V319_20220526.zip bur still was unable to unlock all channels. I used Menu button then went to setting , USB Dump and download, then i used USB upgrade and download the firmware still all TV was locked. May be I have to switch the orientation
I am now working with https://www.dishpointer.com/ as advised but dont know how to set an elevation of - 81 degree.

Your Location

Address: benin
Latitude: 9.3077°
Longitude: 2.3158°

Satellite: 180E INTELSAT 18
Elevation: -81.7°
Azimuth (true): 194.1°
Azimuth (magn.): 195.3°

You can click and drag the marker

zoom in | zoom out

Latitude: 9.3077°
Longitude: 2.3158°
Satellite Data
Name: 180E INTELSAT 18
Distance: 48456km
Dish Setup Data
Elevation: -81.7°
Azimuth (true): 194.1°
Azimuth (magn.): 195.3°
LNB Skew [?]: -13.9°
Turn counter-clockwise standing behind the dish

african solidarity

all channels are encrypted despite the May 8, 2022 GTMEDIA released of Firmware. I am also trying to check for Android 9.0 Smart TV BOX 3D 4K Quad Core DVB-S2X/T2/C Satellite Receiver WiFi BT

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

To help you a bit more, when you go onto the dishpointer web site.
Put in your post code/street name/town, move over to the box on the right, click on the arrow, scroll down to 16E Eutelsat 16A, click on that, then click on the search, this will then bring up your location, with a line going to the satellite, now put the "X" to were your dish is.
With you been North of the Equator, (if you have got a dish with a motor the settings within the receiver could be like 9.30N / 2.31W).
Elevation is the setting of the Dish, pointing up towards the satellite, this is now the trial and error bit, making sure you have got the satellite to get good signal to receive channels.
Most of the channels are coded in (Conax) which is not supported via the softcam/keys built within the software.
There are a lot of channels that you should be able to receive, French/English on the following transponders 11356H 45000 / 12521,12562,12604,12687 all "H" 30000.
Hope this helps.

Den

african solidarity

Hi . I was able to fix the problem. Now I have issue with upgrading the firmware using USB. When I insert the USB and go to usb upgrade, the option to start the correct release does not show up. Can someone help me. Thank you

african solidarity

Thank you Stretch Den. I was helped by a local guy who have a receiver similar to Viewsat or Coolsat. like a small dvd player and he helped me set the orientation but with only one LNB with 4 ports. I have 110, 119, 121 kid LNB but he was unable to connect them. I still working on figuring out the issue. Right now I would like to learn how to flash the firmware release both on GTMEDIA V8 Turbo and on Android 9 Combo. Thank you

african solidarity

thank you to the great team. I am sharing one advised given to me for other customer in Africa.
Hello,
To set the angle of Dish, you need to use a sat finder. If you don't use a sat finder, you can only move the angle of Dish slowly to check whether you can receive the desired program channel.
Regarding the program channel being encrypted, you need to confirm whether the program channel is the one you want and whether the corresponding country you choose is the same, because some program channels are not free.
If you have any questions, you can contact me or contact the technicians of our technical forum: https://www.freesat.cn/forum/
good day

african solidarity

Thank you again Feralkiwi. Just sharing for all in Africa regions

All the firmware is here on the download page.
viewforum.php?f=30
viewforum.php?f=30

african solidarity

Hi:
I finally succeed with some guidelines to set up the GTMEDIA V8 Turbo but with a Universal Quad KU Band LNB LNBF 0.3dB FTA Linear Satellite Dish 4 ports HD Ready but was unable to do so with a Dish Network 1000.2 LNB HD Western Arc WEST Satellite antenna LNBF 129 110 119.. I am still working on it . I am aware that All the firmware is here on the download page viewforum.php?f=30. My current greatest challenge is to get a step by step guideline on how to flash the firmware on the receiver using USB. Each time I download the firmware on the receiver and go to the receiver then USB Upgrade, the firmware is not listed for me to start with the download. Can someone help me with step by step guidelines both for GTMEDIA V8 Turbo and android combo . Thank you

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

When you do a upgrade to your receiver, you must take the file from out of the folder, so that you will then have a (bin) file, which the receiver should see.
Will give a full reply on the upgrade and the diseq settings for 4 satellites later.

Den

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Before, any (Upgrade)that you carry out to your receiver (You Must) carry out a (USB Dump) to a USB, this will be your channel list / satellite settings etc. Always keep this to one side, this is your back-up, in case you mess up.
Menu / Move the curser till you see (Tools) in the top right of the screen, move the curser down to (USB Dump) / OK, in the (Dump Mode) move the curser to show (User db), under that it should read (v8 Turbo_db_.bin), Move curser to (Start) / OK.

On this next bit, you need to go outside and check the cables coming from each satellite dish to see which one goes were on the switch,
Each switch should be marked LNB 1 / 2 / 3 / 4, using this as a example.
16E goes to LNB 1 / 21E goes to LNB 2 / 28E goes to LNB 3 / 30W goes to LNB 4.
Menu / DVB-S / OK, that should take you to the last satellite that you viewed, move the curser over to the right, then move down to the (Diseqc 1.0)
Move the curser left or right and put it against the correct port number, ie as above 16e to Port 1 / 21e to Port 2 / 28e to Port 3 / and last 30w to Port 4, then exit out from the receiver, saving on the way.

When you are sure that you have got it all correct, save this to USB, your (USB DUMP), KEEP THIS SAFE.

Hope that all this helps, good viewing.

Den

african solidarity

Thank you for the guideline but it stopped short on how to update the firmware

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Upgrade wise is as follows.
Download the said software, V8turbo_v319_20220526, you then need to extract the file using something like (winrar), when extracted double click this, at the next screen double click again, you will then see the(bin file), right click on this and send to a USB, so that you can upgrade your receiver.
Next bit is to Insert the USB into the receiver, Menu / move curser till you see Tools in the top right of the screen, then move the curser down to (USB GRADE) / OK, this should take you to the (All Code), under that the file should show V8Turbo_v319_20220526, under that will show (Start).
When complete the receiver should reboot, then you put the (Dump file) back into the receiver, that it all done.
What i do, is have a USB just for this receiver, and keep any upgrade on it, i have both the (Download File) and the (Extracted File) plus the (db File) in case i mess up at any time.

Den

Blessing22

Post by Blessing22 »

Boss I bought GTMEDIA GTC from AliExpress last year and after current update some of the frequencies on 28.2 ( 12.522 V 30.000) doesn't scan Joy tv, Adom tv etc. Therefore I have downloaded firmware or software from this site and I did USB update. After the update the decoder interface changed into Chinese languages. I need a link to download img software in English
seyramob@gmail.com.
Thanks

Help me with English img software

Blessing22

Post by Blessing22 »

Why is that the forum is silence on GTMEDIA GTC ANDROID DECORDER mean while this products are on sales and the forum refuse to talk about it.
They refuse to come out with new img software or firmware.
Please help us tooooooooo

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With ref to transponder 12525v 30000, there are a lot of channels which are free to air, which you should be able to receive.
Make sure that your lnb settings is as follows (Universal 9750 -10600).
Are you sure that you downloaded the correct software for your receiver!!.
You could help yourself, by using the search box Top Right, to find some answers to your issue.
There are various GTC models, can you confirm the full serial number of your receiver, which should be on the underside, small white lable.

Also it depends on who is on line at any give time, who may know of this issue, plus this is a global site.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Is this the page you now see?
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=19476&p=117229&hil ... e.#p117229
If so
Try clicking on the bottom right blue lit box.
I think that is the OK end button.
Move using the left right up down on the remote until you see that button lit, or use a mouse.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Blessing22

Post by Blessing22 »

My serial number are: GC2A20018305
PLEASE HELP ME WITH THE FIRMWARE LINK
THANKS

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Can you give a screen shot of what your receiver is, also what you have on the screen just to confirm that the link given can be for the correct software.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA_Language Translation”