GTMEDIA V8X FTA Satellite Receiver DVB-S2/S2X Wifi H.265 4K

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Mountainman

Post by Mountainman »

I just purchased one of these and I'd like to know if it has any of the softcam keys loaded it it. Also, does it need a firmware update straight out of the box. I have an older V8 Blue and it had some preloaded keys in it. Thanks

STRETCH

Re: GTMEDIA V8X FTA Satellite Receiver DVB-S2/S2X Wifi H.265 4K

Post by STRETCH »

It would have been better posted in the correct section.
NO KEYS are put into the receiver, you can do a (Export) from your old receiver and (Import) into your new receiver.
Apart from the (EMM) keys which are for the (powervu) channels, they will (Auto-update) when the keys change, Biss wise you will need to be connected to the internet, the receiver will find the keys for you.
You may have to update your new receiver, check this while setting it up, from the (information) within the receiver.

Den

Mountainman

Post by Mountainman »

Actually, the 2 blue receivers I have already had some keys in it when I bought them. They received several channels on SES1 and a couple other satellites right out of the box. Question, is the bin file for the blue and green V8's the same even though one is a 4K receiver and the others aren't?

I had a friend that sent me a list of the N. American softcam keys a couple years ago, but I guess I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to enter them. I know how to get into the entry screen, but I never figured out exactly what information went where. All I got was a string of numbers, but no explanation on how to enter them.

When I get into the add screen, I have CAID, Provider, ID and Key Data.I didn't get any instructions on what goes where, nor was there info on how to enter the EMM keys. If someone had the same receiver, could they send you the bin file from theirs so it could be loaded on my receiver? Would that transfer the keys from theirs to yours? Sorry to be so dumb about this, but this is all new to me.

If I had step by step instructions on which part of the keys went under CAID, Provider etc, I could take it from there. I appreciate the help.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have a read around the forum, also use the (Search) box top right, this should bring up information, on how to add keys etc.
Before you go messing with your old receivers, make a back-up of your channel list and softcam and keep to one side safe on usb.
What satellite band do you receive your channels from, (C BAND) or (KU Band).

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I did a instruction some time ago on softcam info.

The easy way to load is via the softcam.key file and notepad on a PC.

Do an export of your softcam.key file from the conditional access menu and look at it on your PC.
Note some units over write softcam.key files already on the USB stick.
Some units export as "export_softcam.key" and these need renaming to import again.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Moved to the correct discussion section

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”