Upgrade Fail

GTMEDIA X8/GTMEDIA_X8COMBO

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

RIP1986

Upgrade Fail

Post by RIP1986 »

Hi,

I have tried to do an upgrade on my Combo X8 but the upgrade has failed. I have got the file from viewtopic.php?f=76&t=21046. Anyone can help.

Also, can you confirm whether i will get access to IPTV when this upgrade is done. I do not see it in the the box i have received and i believed this is because the software is not the latest one. If i am wrong here, please let me know.

Thanks

RIP1986

jackect2015

Re: Upgrade Fail

Post by jackect2015 »

did you have upgraded the firmware viewtopic.php?f=76&t=21046?

when you did it, what happened??show me a picture

stepla

Post by stepla »

Hi, I have a similar error, have you found any solution to the error?

bwe

Post by bwe »

You will not "get access" to free IPTV after the upgrade. You need to buy your own subscription and plug the URLs into Xtream, Stalker, or the Customize option. I don't own an X8 Combo. But I believe it is the same no matter which GT Media receiver one owns.

As for the upgrade, not really sure what is going on. Give us a little more detail. The receiver is saying "upgrade fail"? How many times have you tried? Are you extracting the .bin file with a good quality zip file program? Are you choosing "All Code" for upgrade mode? Is the light for USB stick turning on when you plug into receiver? A little more information please, and someone here will help you. :)
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Return to “GTMEDIA X8 SERIES”