Albertis on 30w scratches

GTMEDIA X8/GTMEDIA_X8COMBO

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

agudahlucky

Albertis on 30w scratches

Post by agudahlucky »

Transponder 12671v30000 and 12631v30000 on 30w keep scratching on my x8 combo even though on latest firmware. What could be the cause because signal quality is at 63% and can't go further.

STRETCH

Re: Albertis on 30w scratches

Post by STRETCH »

Can you confirm your meaning of (scratches).
i can view the said channels with my various receivers.

Den

agudahlucky

Post by agudahlucky »

I mean not stable pictures. I could send a ts record if you want. The signal quality keeps fluctuating on 63%. It also won't allow me run a complete 2 minute ts capture.
What could possibly be the cause because i have a stable 52% signal quality on the v8 meter.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

What size dish do you have, what is your location, what is the signal like on other transponders from that satellite.

Den

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello

the signal is stable or not on the x8combo?
can you take a video of your issue ,then send it into my box: support@gtmedia.cc

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Here in the UK, the said transponders with a 100cm dish are 12631v 87/80 and 12671v 89/80.
Which may mean that your dish is not align correctly, may just need moving, a very little, up/down, left/right, plus also check the skew of the lnb.

Den

agudahlucky

Post by agudahlucky »

In my Country, 30w can be obtained with 90cm dish and its what am using.
The signal quality on the v8 meter is 52% stable , but on the x8 combo it's 63% and not stable.
As such the scratches keep occuring.
I don't know if its the dish size or lnb skew because i can't get past the 52% quality on the meter.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

agudahlucky wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:30 am
The signal quality on the v8 meter is 52% stable , but on the x8 combo it's 63% and not stable.
I don't know if its the dish size or lnb skew because i can't get past the 52% quality on the meter.
Try adding a AV cable between your X8 and the TV.
This will add extra ground wire between the two so any ground currents can earth through your TV better and stop them using the HDMI cable.
If you do not have a AV cable connect a wire from the TV antenna connection outer and the LNB cable outer.

You may also try a 2A 12V power supply instead of the 1.5A that comes with the unit.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

agudahlucky

Post by agudahlucky »

The x8 combo doesn't come with an AV port. And also the adapter which came with the unit is already 12V rated.
Any other person using x8 combo pointed to the said frequency should please confirm with pictures for me.
I am beginning to have doubt on the Albertis feature on x8 combo

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

How are you connecting your receiver to the TV, is it via the HDMI or SCART.
Power supply wise what Owen is saying, is to use one which 2amps and not the one which is 1.5amps.
Have you as yet, had a go to tweak the dish to see if the signal goes up, is there any trees in the way.

Den

agudahlucky

Post by agudahlucky »

I use the HDMI connection. Actually its the 12v 2A adapter am using currently.
As for the tweaking, I've tried it several times and it can't go past 52% quality stability on the v8 meter.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

May be the X8 receiver requires a bigger dish to take it over the threshold, to be able to watch the said channels.
Have you got a friend with a bigger dish, that you ask to try your receiver on.

Den

Arbourboateng

Post by Arbourboateng »

agudahlucky wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:30 am
Bro I presume you are from West Africa precisely , if you are using 90cm and the signal is not stable try and upgrade your dish may 1.2m or 1.8m dish you will be OK , the signal issues on abertis frequencies always depend on your location I for instance I try it on 90cm and 1.8m dish and it's all working perfectly on my area West Africa Ghana on my v8 pro2 decoder and I friend of my also on another region in Ghana uses 2.4m dish to get the same channels so the location count and it's not the problem from the decoder ... You just have to upgrade your dish from your 90cm or get a powerful LNB that can give you extra signal than what you are using and you will be there.

ddleite

Post by ddleite »

The problem is not with the disk, but with the strength of the signal from the broadcasting station. on the same frequency there are stable stations and unstable ones.

agudahlucky

Post by agudahlucky »

I was able to increase signal of 30w to 74% on the v8 finder but still cracking 30% on my x8 combo with unstable pictures. Am sure the problem is from the Albertis firmware on the decoder.

agudahlucky

Post by agudahlucky »

I even tried with the new firmware update for x8 combo.
V 283

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Look like the sensitive of the tuner of this model is not as good as other GTMedia models, for here in the UK, transponders 12631v/12671v both are S95/Q85 with a 100cm dish, against the V8X model.
You may have to upgrade to more sensitive model/or upgrade to a bigger dish, 90cm been the minimum as you say for you area.
Have you got any trees or buildings in the way, check skew of lnb.

Den

agudahlucky

Post by agudahlucky »

Am pretty sure its the albertis feature which is not picking signal properly

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Is your system a single dish on 30w, or is your dish on a motor.
If you can check out the satellite next door 27.5w, and see what your signal is like on 11495v 44100, i would think that the issue is the sensitive of the tuner of the said receiver.
Have you got a spare receiver to use, just to check the signal level.

Den

agudahlucky

Post by agudahlucky »

27.5w is not trackable at my location. At least not with the dish size.
My point is, the signal is stable on the tracker but fluctuates on the decoder. Of course because it is Albertis, i can only view channel on a supported device which in my x8 combo fluctuates that same signal which is stable on the v8 finder.
Am saying this because , i once tracked 11595 on 28.2e with a 52% signal quality but the decoder gave me 70+% quality on that same transponder so why not with 12631v30000 on 30w with a 70+% quality on finder.
The previous version was a bit stable but still fluctuates but this v283 is worse. And the channels can only be unlocked by an Albertis decoder. That is how i know there might be a problem with Albertis firmware.
Please check it out for me because these are what makes the decoder stands out and why i went for it. Without them which the decoder is not different from inbuilt TV decoders

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

thank you very much for your feedback.
All the Albertis channels are not worked ok or some channels?
we will check the x8combo 30w playing issue.

agudahlucky

Post by agudahlucky »

Typically All the Albertis channels behave the same way on my x8 combo.
I really love your products and will be glad if this issue is resolved .
I would also like to suggest some features to add on the new firmware.
1. An online firmware upgrade feature which can be done once the decoder is connected to internet and there's a new firmware.
2. An auto update channel list when new channels are added to take care of the need to always scan a whole satellite for a new channel.
3. An app store where we can download more apps or probably a web browser so we can browse with our stb.
4. A theme menu for which we can choose from a number of themes.
5. A support for more video files like mkv, flv and some mp4 with other resolution. Also with the playing of video files, one cannot access the fast forward and reverse options beneath the video without pausing the whole video. Will be glad if you check that too.
Thank you very much for your understanding.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello
thank you very much for your feedback.
Item1,2 we can design them.but we need some time for the server ready.
item3, the x8 system can not support install any app,i am sorry
item4, this is also a good idea for gtmedia, we will design a tool for customer who can change the ui string table and some icon
item5,the x8 combo already supports the media play,such as mkv, flv and mp4 format file,So can you tell me the detail information of the 'mkv, flv and some mp4 with other resolution',can you send the files which can not be playing by x8 combo?
and about the 'fast forward and reverse', we will do some short keys for these functions.

toluen

Post by toluen »

I am in the north of Spain
You can tune these channels on my orange Nova v8.
And what would I need to do it

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

@ toluen
You have posted in the wrong section, this is for the (x8) receiver.
The V8 Nova Orange is in another section.
But to answer your question, the V8 Nova Orange does not decode the (Albertis) channels.
You would have to purchase the likes of V8X / V7 PRO / V8UHD / V8 TURBO / X8, which can decode the said channels.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA X8 SERIES”