X8 New Product Interface and New Remote

GTMEDIA X8/GTMEDIA_X8COMBO

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

bwe

X8 New Product Interface and New Remote

Post by bwe »

Hello,

When I ordered the X8, the seller had advertisement photos of the X8 with "new product interface". However, the X8 that I own has the same "interface" as the V8X, in other words, it has the "old product interface". I have the newest firmware installed. Not sure what is going on, perhaps, someone can explain why.

Also, the seller had pictures of the newest remote, but they sent the older remote. I was not happy, and seller is now sending new remote. I will wait and see if the new remote arrives.

I will say, that I really like the X8 receiver. It's been working very nice. It's like using a V8X or Nova, so very easy. I'm using the remote that came with my GT Combo, and it's working very good. The newer remote by GT Media is a very good improvement to the inferior ones of old. I have a couple of the newer ones on order right now for spares.

One note, the newer remote that comes with the GT Combo is similar, but not exactly the same as the newer ones that come with X8 and V7's. It doesn't have all of the same buttons, but it will work. SAT button = Delete button on GT remote. Audio button I had to program into the GT remote. And Recall button is the button below the Volume button with mouse picture/icon on it.

Update:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=24482&p=107365#p107365

You can download the Golden Interface from _http://dl.proxygt.cc/download/X8/
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Return to “GTMEDIA X8 SERIES”