REMOTE CONTROL - receiver does not react

GTMEDIA X8/GTMEDIA_X8COMBO

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

alekskleks

REMOTE CONTROL - receiver does not react

Post by alekskleks »

Hi,

I have a problem with remote control, I have 2 receiver GT V8X , one orginal remote control and second I bought lately.
The problem is that two of them remote control work well with 1 receiver but they do not work with 2nd receiver ? How to solve it ?
How to make remote control work well with 2nd receiver ? Two receivers are the same model GT V8X , remote controls should work well ?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: REMOTE CONTROL - receiver does not react

Post by Feralkiwi »

There was a software update that made the unit "See" both types of GT Media remotes.

21/04/2021
Change log:
1. Update YouTube
2. Update Polish
3. Update the short-circuit prompt
4. Support V7 remote control
5. AUTO BISS update

Check what software version you have.
If you have a version before this update then the V7 remote is not "Seen".

Remember updating will clear all data, channel list, ccam accounts softcam, so save those first.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

STRETCH

Re: REMOTE CONTROL - receiver does not react

Post by STRETCH »

When did you purchase the second V8X receiver, i know that this will sound daff, are both the receivers set up the same, if so, with the second receiver do a complete reset, upload all details from your first receiver onto a USB, then transfer onto the second receiver.
If the second receiver is not set up the same, save the details to USB, put to one side, try what i said, if it does not work, just put the details back into the receiver that you saved to USB.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA X8 SERIES”