Problema Italy LCN Scan

Paese italiano, discussione sul prodotto GTMEDIA

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

joe1951

Re: Problema Italy LCN Scan

Post by joe1951 »

>>>>>Menù > Strumenti > Impostazioni di fabbrica > 0000

grazie... ma non accedo al menu... si accende e mostra solo un puntino verde....
è possibile fare qualche hard reset, interno

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If your unit has crashed and is not working, there are instructions for forced recovery here.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

joe1951

Post by joe1951 »

grazie.... i try !!!

joe1951

V7 Pro problem :-(

Post by joe1951 »

If your unit has crashed and is not working, there are instructions for forced recovery here.
Owen

nothing to do ... tried this morning with two or three different pen drives, it doesn't work ... I noticed that the small led of the pen drives does not light up when inserted into the V7 Pro ... :-(
i really think there is nothing I can do for my V7 Pro: - ((
anyway thanks for the help, Joseph

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Do you see a green LED in the front panel.
If not change the power supply.

Owen

Here are my notes on USB recovery.
Here are my notes on flash.bin recovery

The GT Media instructions on forced recovery are here.

flash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.
Use the rear USB port on units that have two ports.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

New information: Users are reporting that naming the file "Flash.bin" with a capital has worked where "flash.bin" has not. This is with the Nova units mostly.

Edited 24 Aug 2021
I found that a USB stick with a lot (more than 30+) .bin files on it, my UHD unit would not show the new software file in the menus.
This suggests that having too many .bin files on the USB stick can also be a problem.
I moved most of the file into a folder and it then showed the file.
Keep only one or two files in the main directory.

Edited 21 Sept 2021
From the PDF file for the V7 V8.
6. V7 V8 USB forced upgrade:::
6.1. Connect the power, and press “MENU” continuously with the remote control.
Note: Press the button continuously.
This should read repeatedly"

6.2.Digital tube shows UP9,,,After releasing the MENU button, enter the upgrade mode

Good luck

There have been user that recover their unit after removing the wifi board, or just cut the 5v power to the board.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

joe1951

Post by joe1951 »

many thanks #Feralkiwi for your long message ... I tried all the ways you wrote to me, but it does not appear on the UP9 TV ... tried with 5V power supply, tried with various usb sticks ... but nothing :-(
I see if it is possible to have technical assistance, if it does not cost much.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

The 5V power supply plugs into the USB slot, it doesn't have enough power to run the LNB but the V7 does.
The option you have left is through the RS232 cable

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

joe1951 wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:29 am
many thanks #Feralkiwi for your long message ... I tried all the ways you wrote to me, but it does not appear on the UP9 TV ... tried with 5V power supply, tried with various usb sticks ... but nothing :-(
I see if it is possible to have technical assistance, if it does not cost much.
When you replace a power supply you should always use one that is the same voltage, 12v not 5v.
Using a lower voltage can damage the unit.

Owen

joe1951

Post by joe1951 »

When you replace a power supply you should always use one that is the same voltage, 12v not 5v.
Using a lower voltage can damage the unit.

yes...... but I read that someone solved the problem with a 5V power supply.
and then it is dangerous to insert a power supply with higher voltage and not lower ... then I inserted the 12V and everything was as before ...
I've tried all sorts of ways but can't get the V7 Pro to boot.
cry

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Please explain what function the unit does have.

Is there a green LED showing on the front panel?

Owen

joe1951

Post by joe1951 »

Owen
------------------------------
Ok... my unit have a green led (fix) on the front panel...
my operation...
tried flash.bin by repeatedly pressing menu on the remote control, nothing ...
then I tried to remove the card from the slot ... still nothing ...
no signal or written on the tv, also tried 5 V power supply nothing, put back 12 V power supply .. still nothing, ...
. the green LED on the front of the V7 Pro always remains ...

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

joe1951 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:59 am
Owen
------------------------------
Ok... my unit have a green led (fix) on the front panel...
my operation...
tried flash.bin by repeatedly pressing menu on the remote control, nothing ...
then I tried to remove the card from the slot ... still nothing ...
no signal or written on the tv, also tried 5 V power supply nothing, put back 12 V power supply .. still nothing, ...
. the green LED on the front of the V7 Pro always remains ...
You must refresh tools

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have you tried another HDMI cable, also you could try the (RF out Socket) which is set at (CH 10 / 209mhz) to see if you are getting any picture/audio to you TV, through the aerial socket on your TV, you would have to carry out a retune of your TV, on the old analogue frequencies.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try the flash.bin recovery with all plugs removed, HDMI, LNB and only the USB stick with the .bin file on it.

Other user have found that leaving the unit powered off for a few days and then try the flash.bin recovery work, like something recovers after a few days.
The other option is the RS232 method.
There is the software here for connecting / recovery

My notes on RS232 are here.

Owen

joe1951

Re: Problema no BOOT....:-(

Post by joe1951 »

very, very thanks for the help I try again the methods as you told me ... let me know if they work.

joe1951

V7 Pro... NO BOOT !!

Post by joe1951 »

hello everyone ... nothing, I have tried in all ways but the device does not boot does not accept, does not load flash.bin.
I don't feel like trying with the RS232 system ...
is it possible to send it to someone in Italy to fix it? maybe someone can flash it? Thank you

Rore

Post by Rore »

Per mettere in ordine i canali devi usare "Italia LCN Scan".
Però se fai un aggiornamento o una nuova ricerca anche a me succede che i canali che prima erano numerati correttamente non lo sono più nemmeno se usi ancora l'opzione "Italia LCN Scan"
L'unica maniera che io ho trovato è fare :
Reset impostazioni di fabbrica poi rifare ricerca con Italia LCN scan

joe1951

Post by joe1951 »

??? forse non hai letto bene.... il mio GT Media V7 Pro... non fa il boot e compare solo un pallino verde si display :-(

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Just to confirm, with your receiver, when you put power to it, all that you get is just the green light on the front of it, is there any thing within the display window on the front of the receiver, what happens on the TV screen, can you give full details.
As yet, i have not had any of my GTMedia receivers crash, i have a few of them.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V7 Pro... NO BOOT !!

Post by Feralkiwi »

joe1951 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:32 am
hello everyone ... nothing, I have tried in all ways but the device does not boot does not accept, does not load flash.bin.
I don't feel like trying with the RS232 system ...
is it possible to send it to someone in Italy to fix it? maybe someone can flash it? Thank you
Did you try leaving the unit powered off for a few days and then try the USB flash.bin recovery?
Check that your remote is sending by looking at the IR LED through a digital camera.
You should see it flash each time you press a button.
Also if you have a USB stick with a LED on it, use that and see if it flashes as you try the flash.bin recovery.

Owen

joe1951

V7 Pro... NO BOOT !!

Post by joe1951 »

when i turn it on there is only the green led on the front .... nothing happens in the tv ... no signal ... what other details should i provide ???

I also reply to @Owen ... I tried to keep the decoder off for a couple of days ... no flash occurs ... when I press Menu on the remote control the infrared LED does not flash ... it stays steady ...

I have always used various usb sticks all with 4gb, 8gb, 16gb led ... they do not blink the led remains steady :-(
I'm losing hope that it will work, so if you want I can send it to someone ...

joe1951

V7 Pro -someone is able to do itNo Boot...

Post by joe1951 »

Hi everyone, since I can't start my GT Media V7 Pro, if someone is able to do it, I'm willing to send it ... maybe tell me if it is possible to repair it and how much it would cost ... possibly I send to Italian users.
thank you for the help

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

It may be cheaper to purchase another receiver.
Depending on what you require from your receiver, users will then be able to let you know which will be the best receiver for your needs.

Den
Last edited by STRETCH on Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joe1951

V7 Pro... NO BOOT !!

Post by joe1951 »

ok... but... ok ... true ... but if someone wants it I give it ... important to pay the shipping costs

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Other user say that they got a recovery after they used FAT32 format on the USB stick.
thank you very much.
Finally i solved it.

Oldest firmware finally worked. Found usb stick which finally worked. But the most important thing was to format it to FAT32...
Owen

Return to “Italia”