LNB - Mono/Dual feed & motorizzato

Paese italiano, discussione sul prodotto GTMEDIA

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

wlf

Re: LNB - Mono/Dual feed & motorizzato

Post by wlf »

STRETCH wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:22 pm
By the look of it, you have found the correct (Monoblock), 4 outputs, on the GTMedia receiver, you may have to amend the diseq setting 1.0 against each satellite, 13e @ 1 / 9e @ 2. Not too sure about the (Sky) receiver, you will have to check the LNB settings.
Per il ricevitore Sky non ho la necessità di collegare entrambe i satelliti e fare switch tra i due, mi basta solamente il 13E. Non credo che il ricevitore Sky possa gestire il dual feed.
Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:26 pm
Check the specification for that 4 degree mono block for the dish size?
Sulle specifiche non è indicata la grandezza della parabola. :(
Feralkiwi wrote:
That they work for satellites in the sky at 4 degrees would also depend on the dish size to match that 4 degree spacing.
If you put that mono block on a 600mm dish it would not "see" the same angle in the sky as if put on a 900mm dish.
La parabola è una Penta Fracarro, non tonda quindi, da 85cm.

Feralkiwi wrote:
This design with the splitter before the 8 way switch will mean only one box can control the switch.
Peccato! :(
Feralkiwi wrote:
Each box needs its own switch and then splitters to the ports on those switches.

Maybe a splitter like this one.
SAT A e B IN con 13 e 18, stanno ad indicare H e V? Quindi dovrei prendere un paio di LNB con uscite polarizzate H e V?
Non trovo nessuno splitter simile, con due ingressi polarizzati, su Aliexpress. Hanno un nome specifico questi splitter polarizzati?

Questo sottostante va bene? Perché oltre alle 4 derivate per 4 ricevitori ci sono altre 4 uscite V/H-V/H passanti? A cosa servono quest'ultime?

Grazie, saluti.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Now that we can see the dish that you have, and you have said with the sky receiver you just want 13e.
How high is the dish on your wall, and is it safe to carry this trial.
What i have done in past, with a spare universal lnb, long satellite lead to the receiver, which sits next to a portable TV.
Using the V9 receiver, set to 9e, transponder 11804v 27500, take the lnb up the ladder, put it against the Unicable lnb on the left side, you will then move the lnb, up/down, left/right, keeping a eye on the TV screen, at the signal level, then check other transponders.
With doing this you will then know that you can receive signals from 9e, next job would be how to fix a bracket to the arm, with the second lnb on it.
In the past i have made my own.

Den
Attachments
101_1734.JPG
101_1734.JPG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 976 times

wlf

Post by wlf »

STRETCH wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:39 am
How high is the dish on your wall, and is it safe to carry this trial.
E' sul tetto, non lontana dal lucernaio, non è sicuramente il posto più sicuro dove fare il lavoro.
What i have done in past, with a spare universal lnb, long satellite lead to the receiver, which sits next to a portable TV.
Using the V9 receiver, set to 9e, transponder 11804v 27500, take the lnb up the ladder, put it against the Unicable lnb on the left side, you will then move the lnb, up/down, left/right, keeping a eye on the TV screen, at the signal level, then check other transponders.
With doing this you will then know that you can receive signals from 9e, next job would be how to fix a bracket to the arm, with the second lnb on it.
In the past i have made my own.
Una adattatore del genere è sufficiente?
Lasciando un LNB nell'attuale supporto che punta sul 13E mettere questo adattatore per affiancargli quello che punta sul 9E.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Yes, that should do, you will have to remove one of the U clamps.
Have a visit to any of your local satellite shops/traders, they should be able to help you.
I still think the best way forward, to make use of ALL receivers, depending on signal from 9e.
Would be 2 Quad lnb's / 3 2way diseq switches, lnb bracket.
With your Sky receiver, with the down lead as it is, connect from lnb 1, to the quad at 13e, now a second lead from the 9e quad direct to the lnb 2.
Then take a lead from each of the quads to the diseq switches, putting 13e at no.1 and 9e at no.2, then a down lead from each of the switches to the receivers, with the diseq 1.0 setting, go to 13e and put this at no.1, then go to 9e and put this to no. 2. When all is complete use cable ties to tidy up all cables.

Den

wlf

Post by wlf »

Quindi ci sono 2 soluzioni; soluzione A con switch:

Code: Select all

|------>-|7   Switch B   |------> Calata GTMedia V9 Prime
                         |    LNB 3-4    |
                         |               |
LNB  9E (DiSEqC)|------>-|2   Switch C   |------> Calata Next GTMedia V8UHD?
   4 Way output |------>-|4   LNB 5-6    |
                |------>-|6              |
                |------>-|8   Switch D   |------> Calata libera
                         |    LNB 7-8    |
                         |_______________|
Soluzione B con multiswitch:

|              2|------> Calata GTMedia V9 Prime
                         |               |
LNB  9E (DiSEqC)|------>-|V             3|------> Calata Next GTMedia V8UHD?
   2 Way output |        |               |
                |------>-|H             4|------> Calata libera
                         |_______________|
Per quello che ne capisco io dovrebbero equivalersi. Forse la soluzione A è leggermente più economica, ma praticamente si equivalgono. Giusto?

Grazie.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Solution B will not allow for use of the upper and lower bands.
Those 4x4 multi switches inputs are V 0Hz, H 0Hz, v 22kHz, h22kHz.

There are channels on both H and V polarity.
9e Channels on frequency like 12466 V 41950, Persidera channels is on the high band, 22kHz "ON"
9e Channels on frequency like 12747 H 2750, M7 Deutschland channels is on the low band, 22kHz "OFF", or 0kHz.

You would need this
IMG_6973.JPG
IMG_6973.JPG (365.63 KiB) Viewed 921 times
IMG_6972.JPG
IMG_6972.JPG (345.98 KiB) Viewed 921 times
Note the first option uses a LNB that has an output for ONLY that polarity / band. If you connect a set top box direct to one port of this LNB you will only get the TP's / channel for that one polarity / 22kHz tone (band) setting.

The second option has a LNB 4 output type that has all polarities and bands on each output.
If you connect a set top box to this type of LNB you will get all the bands and polarities from the one output.

I have found it difficult to see what type of output a 4 port LNB has from some LNB's on sale.
I hope users like STRETCH have more of an idea what these types are called in their descriptions.

Your unicable LNB for 19e could replace the 19e LNB in the second option with a 4 output splitter between the output of the LNB and each input of the 2way DiSEqC switch for each box.
If you Unicable LNB has 4 outputs, then use it in place of the LNB in option two I show.

The LNB for 9e in option two could be replaced with the LNB for 9e shown in option 1, using a 4x4 switch and separated 4 output LNB.

Yes finding a way to use more than one set top box on satellite dishes / LNB's can be complicated.
I had some failure when I started with using the wrong switch / LNB.
I now use a 16x16 powered switch, but one that only outputs 13v and no 22kHz tone. I have had to rotate LNBs on a second dish so I can get Horizontal with out 18v. Even more complex again.

Owen

Edited
To post this I needed to power off my internet modem to force the modem to change IP address as the IP it had this morning was listed on a spam site as a spammer.
Tech gets you in all ways!!
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

wlf

Post by wlf »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:06 pm
Solution B will not allow for use of the upper and lower bands.
Those 4x4 multi switches inputs are V 0Hz, H 0Hz, v 22kHz, h22kHz.

There are channels on both H and V polarity.
9e Channels on frequency like 12466 V 41950, Persidera channels is on the high band, 22kHz "ON"
9e Channels on frequency like 12747 H 2750, M7 Deutschland channels is on the low band, 22kHz "OFF", or 0kHz.

You would need this
IMG_6973.JPG
:o :shock:
Troppo complessa e troppo dispendiosa; a questo punto l'unica soluzione valida è la A!
Già i multiswitch sono costosi, ma visto che invece di semplificare complicano il tutto tanto vale allora optare per la soluzione A.
I have found it difficult to see what type of output a 4 port LNB has from some LNB's on sale.
I hope users like STRETCH have more of an idea what these types are called in their descriptions.
Si trovano LNB con entrambe le versioni, sia polarizzati che non; costano più o meno uguale, comunque mi butterò su quelli non polarizzati.
Your unicable LNB for 19e could replace the 19e LNB in the second option with a 4 output splitter between the output of the LNB and each input of the 2way DiSEqC switch for each box.
If you Unicable LNB has 4 outputs, then use it in place of the LNB in option two I show.
Per forza l'attuale LNB andrà sostituito dato che ha solamente 2 uscite! :(
L'unico dubbio è se MySky HD supporti o meno anche gli LNB più recenti con diseqc, ma penso che dovrebbe funzionare.
Yes finding a way to use more than one set top box on satellite dishes / LNB's can be complicated.
I had some failure when I started with using the wrong switch / LNB.
I now use a 16x16 powered switch, but one that only outputs 13v and no 22kHz tone. I have had to rotate LNBs on a second dish so I can get Horizontal with out 18v. Even more complex again.
Grazie a te mi hai chiarito molti dubbi riguardanti questo tema abbastanza complesso. Senza il tuo aiuto avrei sicuramente sbagliato, oppure mi sarei buttato direttamente su un LNB monoblocco dual-feed senza manco pensare a qualcosa di più complesso.
To post this I needed to power off my internet modem to force the modem to change IP address as the IP it had this morning was listed on a spam site as a spammer.
Tech gets you in all ways!!
La conoscenza è alla base di tutti questi processi! ;)

PS.
Soluzione A - la più semplice/economica:

4 Way output    |                      
LNB 13E + 9E    |------> Calata MySky HD
 Dual-feed      |------> Calata GTMedia V9 Prime
 Monoblocco     |------> Calata Next GTMedia V8UHD?
  (DiSEqC)      |------>  Calata libera
Soluzione B:

|------>-|7   Switch B   |------> Calata GTMedia V9 Prime
                         |    LNB 3-4    |
                         |               |
LNB  9E (DiSEqC)|------>-|2   Switch C   |------> Calata Next GTMedia V8UHD?
                |------>-|6              |
                |------>-|8   Switch D   |------> Calata libera
                         |    LNB 7-8    |
                         |_______________|
Visto e considerato che con la soluzione B non potrei comunque recuperare il convertitore LNB attuale (2 sole uscite Unicable SCR) direi che tanto vale acquistare un LNB monoblocco invece che 2 LNB + un adattatore da 4° e 4 swtich. Il tutto dovrebbe essere più semplice e più pulito.
Ci sono controindicazioni doppio LNB vs monoblocco dual feed?

Grazie.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I still think, it will be better to go with 2 Quad lnb's / 3 2way Diseq switches, bracket (purchased/homemade) for (offset lnb).
With a second lead to the second input on the (Sky) receiver, you will then get full use of your system, with having four receivers in various rooms, each will then be able to view what ever channel they require. (Do not update to the Mars software on any of GTMedia receivers)
o Plus this will be cheaper, easier to set up, with having 2 lnb's, instead of the (Monoblock).
Pay a visit to your local satellite shop/trader, they should be able to help/advise.

Den
Attachments
101_1736.JPG
101_1736.JPG (1.04 MiB) Viewed 902 times

wlf

Post by wlf »

STRETCH wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:20 am
I still think, it will be better to go with 2 Quad lnb's / 3 2way Diseq switches, bracket (purchased/homemade) for (offset lnb).
With a second lead to the second input on the (Sky) receiver, you will then get full use of your system, with having four receivers in various rooms, each will then be able to view what ever channel they require.
o Plus this will be cheaper, easier to set up, with having 2 lnb's, instead of the (Monoblock).
Meno costoso?
Monoblocco dual feed a 49€.

Due single feed 4 uscite costano circa 36€, aggiungiamoci l'adattatore doppio feed 15€, ed almeno 3 switch a 2 vie, 13,50€ (4,50€ x 3), connettori tipo F, secondo me si va a spendere molto di più che il monoblocco!
(Do not update to the Mars software on any of GTMedia receivers)
Troppo tardi, già aggiornato! :(
Sto attendendo un cavo JST a 3 pin per effettuare il downgrade; spero che pubblichino prima i fix. ;)
Pay a visit to your local satellite shop/trader, they should be able to help/advise.
Grazie, ci farò un giro per sentire. ;)

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Den

wlf

Post by wlf »

L'unico dubbio che mi rimane adesso riguarda il corrugato; devo ispezionarlo perché attualmente ci passano due calate del SAT (DVB-S) e una calata del terrestre (DVB-T). Quindi passerei da 3 cavi a 5, che non sono pochi se il corrugato non è di generose dimensioni. :?

E' per questo che avevo ipotizzato l'utilizzo di splitter cercando di spostare qualche adattatore più a valle, perché poi mi finirebbe dentro ad una cassetta di derivazione e avrebbe poi strada sgombera. Il problema è dove parte il fascio di calate che forse non è adeguatamente proporzionato perché si è partiti da una singola calata per il satellitare ed ora si sta già pensando di passare a 4! :o

Eventualmente ci sarebbe qualche dispositivo che mi permetta di "raggruppare" queste 4+1 calate e suddividerle poi a valle? :?:

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I do not think there is such a item to do this, best bet visit the local satellite shop/trader.
With the conduit to carry/hide the cables, put at least five cables together, measure how high they are, then visit the local (diy) shop, or ask the local satellite/trader, what they use.

Den
Last edited by STRETCH on Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

wlf

Post by wlf »

C'è qualcuno che utilizza di questi dispositivi che consentono di mixare DVB-T e SAT? Come si comportano, sono validi?

Lo utilizzerei per sfruttare una calata unica TV/SAT in modo da cercare di ridurre il numero di cavi!
Avrei pensato ad una cosa del genere:

DVB-T
4 Way output    |     |                 
LNB 13E + 9E    |---MX21D---> Calata MySky HD
 Dual-feed      |---MX21D---> Calata GTMedia V9 Prime
 Monoblocco     |---MX21D---> Calata Next GTMedia V8UHD?
  (DiSEqC)      |---MX21D--->  Calata libera

_________________   DVB-T 
LNB 13E (DiSEqC)|------>-|1   Switch A   |     |
   4 Way output |------>-|3   LNB 1-2    |---MX21D---> Calata MySky HD
                |------>-|5              |     |
                |------>-|7   Switch B   |---MX21D---> Calata GTMedia V9 Prime
                         |    LNB 3-4    |
                         |               |     |
LNB  9E (DiSEqC)|------>-|2   Switch C   |---MX21D---> Calata Next GTMedia V8UHD?
                |------>-|6              |     |
                |------>-|8   Switch D   |---MX21D---> Calata libera
                         |    LNB 7-8    |
                         |_______________|

Su un unica calata potrei inoltre ricavare 2 punti presa utilizzando uno splitter tipo questo sottostante?

Quali avvertenze dovrei avere se eseguo lo split? Dovrei usare un solo ricevitore satellitare alla volta collegato sulla stessa calata con lo splitter?

|--->DVB-T 
                                      |----> Presa 1--MX21D--|--->SAT
---MX21D---> Calata MySky HD ----SP02-|
                                      |----> Presa 2--MX21D--|--->SAT
                                                             |--->DVB-T

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

You may be able to do it this way, it is going to be trial and error.

Den
Attachments
101_1737.JPG
101_1737.JPG (1.1 MiB) Viewed 859 times

wlf

Post by wlf »

STRETCH wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:37 am
You may be able to do it this way, it is going to be trial and error.
Scusami ma mi sono spiegato male; vorrei avere in tutte le calate SAT e TV, non solamente quella di Sky. Ci sarebbe inoltre un secondo problemino; sono "obbligato" a mettere gli switch dietro la parabola per entrare nel corrugato con solamene 4 cavi, altrimenti dovrei entrare con 8 e mettere gli switch nel sottotetto, però non ho spazio per passare con ben 8 cavi. Inoltre ho l'antenna satellitare su un lato del tetto e quella terrestre sul lato opposto, quindi non posso mettere il MX21D a monte, prima degli switch perché fisicamente altrimenti dovrei risalire col cavo d'antenna verso la parabola. :(

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

How much space have you got in the loft, have you got mains power there.
There is away around this, will have to put my thinking cap on, i have got the same sort of system, but have cables inside and outside the house.

I have been lucky, a while ago we had a old cylinder boiler removed, and replaced with a new gas boiler, so had a small cupboard space.
Using a (SLX Four output Signal Booster Amplifier)(27820HSR), I have got the terrestrial TV going into five rooms, Three bedrooms, Living room and the Dining room, cable wise, for two of the bedrooms, i was able to drill direct from the cupboard, third under the floor boards, then ran two cables downstairs, between the wall cavity, but had to drill, through the wall to get the cable to were i wanted it.
Satellite cable, had to run the cables round the side of the house, so had to drill two holes into the main bedroom, so that i could get a cable into the third bedroom, then one each in the rest. Overall you have i had two cables going into each room, satellite wise two of the rooms are connected to (DISEQ) switches which are behind the dish, the others direct to motors.

Den

wlf

Post by wlf »

Questo fine settimana avevo tempo e "mi sono studiato" l'impianto TV/SAT, tutti i corrugati e percorsi che fanno i fili. :D

Ho quindi deciso come sistemare il tutto; però ho ancora alcuni dubbi. :?

Il primi dubbi riguardano il "Signa Mixer" MX21D:

Questo dispositivo degrada i segnali, quello terrestre (DVB-T) e/o quello satellitare (DVB-S) o non li degrada significativamente?
E' meglio lasciare due calate separate oppure mixarli non costituisce un problema?
Se a monte metto un Signa Mixer MX21D a valle sono obbligato a mettere un altro MX21D per effettuare lo split, o se ho solo un tuner SAT o solo digitale terrestre posso collegare direttamente il cavo dalla presa al tuner e questo ignorerà i segnali sopra i 700MHz per il DVB-T o sotto i 950MHz per quello SAT perché tarato per una frequenza diversa?
A valle sarebbe la stessa cosa mettere un 2 Way Splitter SP02 sottostante invece che il Signal Mixer MX21D? :?:

La seconda famiglia di dubbi riguarda invece una calata che per forza di cose devo splittare col 2 Way Splitter SP02 per ricavare due calate/prese invece di una sola per governare l'uscita di uno dei 4 switch che a sua volta ha 2 LNB (9E+13E) collegati . In questo caso visto che su unico cavo ci saranno due decoder SAT, uno dei due sarà master ed il secondo sarà slave e dovrà sottostare alle scelte del master. Per far funzionare lo slave per forza di cose il master dovrà essere sempre acceso? Come si decide chi dei due è master e chi slave? Il primo che si accende diventa master ed il secondo slave? :?:

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

When ever you put a switch, within the system, you will get small signal loss, check the spec of each switch.

Den

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I still think the best way forward, is as per photo.
Each satellite receiver/and each TV, will run (Independently) of (Each) other.
Plus you are going to require, other plastic guides/grommets.

Den
Attachments
101_1738.JPG
101_1738.JPG (1.2 MiB) Viewed 821 times
101_1739.JPG
101_1739.JPG (1.09 MiB) Viewed 821 times

wlf

Post by wlf »

STRETCH wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:01 pm
I still think the best way forward, is as per photo.
Non sono un gran disegnatore, anzi, faccio pena a disgegnare! :D
Comunque schematicamente sarebbe questo:

DVB-T ANT
                                              ______|_____
                                              |Partitore |
                                              |   1x4    |
                                              |__________|
                         _________________     1|2|3|4|
LNB 13E (DiSEqC)|------>-|1   Switch A   |      |
   4 Way output |------>-|3   LNB 1-2    |------MX21D---> Calata ---> MySky HD/GTMedia V9 Prime
                |------>-|5              |       2|
                |------>-|7   Switch B   |------MX21D---> Calata ---> Studio
                         |    LNB 3-4    |
                         |               |         3|
LNB  9E (DiSEqC)|------>-|2   Switch C   |--------MX21D-> Calata ---> 2-WAY-SPLITTER SP-02 ---> Divano *Non utilizzata
   4 Way output |------>-|4   LNB 5-6    |                                                 ---> Cucina
                |------>-|6              |           4|
                |------>-|8   Switch D   |--------MX21D-> Calata ---> 2-WAY-SPLITTER SP-02 ---> Camera da letto 1
                         |    LNB 7-8    |                                                 ---> Camera da letto 2
                         |_______________|

Each satellite receiver/and each TV, will run (Independently) of (Each) other.
Le 3 calate principali sono già indipendenti; solo una è più un vezzo che una necessità, nelle camere da letto le prese TV vengono utilizzate molto saltuariamente e difficilmente contemporaneamente.
Plus you are going to require, other plastic guides/grommets.
A cosa servono tali adattatori? :?:

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

The adapters with the holes through, feed the cable through, then put against the wall for a neater job.
The other covers go against the outside wall, just above were the cable goes into the wall, stops water getting in.

Den

Return to “Italia”