GT media G7PRO Mars firmware

Paese italiano, discussione sul prodotto GTMEDIA

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

paogius

GT media G7PRO Mars firmware

Post by paogius »

Salve, scusate la domanda che potrebbe sembrare banale. Su questo forum ufficiale i firmware del v7pro si fermano al 2022. Ho visto che su internet ci sono altri firmware chiamati "MARS" sempre per v7pro. Potreste spiegarmi se sono ufficiali e cosa hanno di particolare rispetto a quelli che si scaricano nel forum?

STRETCH

Re: GT media G7PRO Mars firmware

Post by STRETCH »

It all depends on what you require from your receiver. With more details, users will be able to say which software will be best for your requirements.

Den

paogius

Post by paogius »

Hi, thanks for the answer. I don't mind about the graphical interface. I would like to understand if there are functional improvement in MARS since the last release I can download from this forum has been released at the end of 2022.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

As i have said, what channels to you view from what satellites with your receiver, any by what means.

Den

paogius

Post by paogius »

I view DTT italy channels and Hotbird 13e sat all channels free and not any language. I don't use TiVùSAT card, I use lines instead

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With the software that you have now will still work for the channels you receive, you should be able to get other channels from the likes of 5w / 15w
27.5w / 30w.
If you do go over to Mars software, there is no going back, (it takes a lot of effort, to go back, to the old software.)
With the Mars software, you will be able to view the same channels as you can now, with the A F N channels at 9e they now Auto-roll, which means you do not have to look for keys every few hours, Biss / Powervu keys are updated and can be Downloaded onto the receiver over the air, plus any software updates, which you check through the (APPS) within the Menu.
There are still a lot of channels that can be viewed with this receiver, without going through (ECAM/ CCCAM) which costs money.
Hope this helps.

Den

paogius

Post by paogius »

STRETCH wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:06 pm
With the software that you have now will still work for the channels you receive, you should be able to get other channels from the likes of 5w / 15w
27.5w / 30w.
If you do go over to Mars software, there is no going back, (it takes a lot of effort, to go back, to the old software.)
With the Mars software, you will be able to view the same channels as you can now, with the A F N channels at 9e they now Auto-roll, which means you do not have to look for keys every few hours, Biss / Powervu keys are updated and can be Downloaded onto the receiver over the air, plus any software updates, which you check through the (APPS) within the Menu.
There are still a lot of channels that can be viewed with this receiver, without going through (ECAM/ CCCAM) which costs money.
Hope this helps.

Den
Thanks for the info. Maybe I've not understood what do you mean when you say

"with the A F N channels at 9e they now Auto-roll, which means you do not have to look for keys every few hours, Biss / Powervu keys are updated and can be Downloaded onto the receiver over the air" usually I don't look for keys every few hours... is there some new mechanism to autosearch keys from network?

and

"There are still a lot of channels that can be viewed with this receiver, without going through (ECAM/ CCCAM) which costs money" means that is there a way to view same channels without CCCAM?

Another thing... once freshed the MARS firmware via USB as it is done as the normal firmware, can it be updated with new version of MARS always via USB or if a new version of MARS is released it will become difficult to update the previous MARS firmware like I want to go back to the old firmware?

Thanks in advance.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Lets take this one step at a time.
If you change your software to Mars, which you will have to down load from another web site.
If you do put the Mars software onto your receiver, and you do not like it, it is very hard to go back to the normal software.

1. With Mars software, you can download the keys for most satellites, then update the receiver, this is a new mechanism to auto search keys from the internet, (GTMedia) server.

2. To view channels through (ECAM/CCCAM) which will be different from the ones that you can view with the softcam.

3. When you have put the Mars software onto your receiver, using the USB, there is also a new mechanism to keep the receiver updated.
That is Menu / Apps / Move to Update / OK / If there is a UPDATE, it will show, plus if there is a update for the softcam.
The latest Mars software for the V7 Pro is (V1.10.8736 13 NOV 2023)

Hope this helps

Den

paogius

Post by paogius »

STRETCH wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:08 am
If you change your software to Mars, which you will have to down load from another web site.
If you do put the Mars software onto your receiver, and you do not like it, it is very hard to go back to the normal software.

1. With Mars software, you can download the keys for most satellites, then update the receiver, this is a new mechanism to auto search keys from the internet, (GTMedia) server.

2. To view channels through (ECAM/CCCAM) which will be different from the ones that you can view with the softcam.

3. When you have put the Mars software onto your receiver, using the USB, there is also a new mechanism to keep the receiver updated.
That is Menu / Apps / Move to Update / OK / If there is a UPDATE, it will show, plus if there is a update for the softcam.

Hope this helps

Den
Thanks,
is there a tutorial for this?
"1. With Mars software, you can download the keys for most satellites, then update the receiver, this is a new mechanism to auto search keys from the internet, (GTMedia) server."

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

No there is no tutorial for this.
Information is as follows, Make sure that your receiver is connected to the internet, Menu / APP / Update / OK.
What should come to the screen will be a Key update, which will look like this, 2024-01-20 KEY 2024-01-20 1900.08.
The curser should be on this, Press OK, will Download, Warning will come to the screen, Do you want to Update, say Yes, this will update
the receiver with the latest keys, then Exit out till picture comes to the screen.
To view this information on your computer, you can insert a USB into the receiver, Menu / Move to USB / OK / Yellow on Remote / Upload Keys to USB.
Remove USB, then Exit out.
If you wish to put these keys into another GTMedia receiver change the file to read (SOFTCAM), then insert into the receiver.

Hope this helps

Den

Billie34

Post by Billie34 »

paogius wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:54 pm
STRETCH wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:08 am

Hope this helps

Den
Thanks,
is there a tutorial for this?
"1. With Mars software, you can download the keys for most satellites, then update the receiver, this is a new mechanism to auto search keys from the internet, (GTMedia) server."
I'm also looking for instructions for this
Last edited by CAJE on Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No spam

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have tried this with few receivers that have Mars software, at this time the system does not work.

Den

Return to “Italia”