Me presento y consulta

Idioma español, discusión de productos GTMEDIA

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Vh85

Me presento y consulta

Post by Vh85 »

Buenas tardes soy Vh85 y soy de España.

Tengo un gtmedia v8x y desde que me cambiaron el router mi compañia telefonica, hara cosa de un mes, sale los canales codificados ("programa codificado") todos y cada uno de ellos.

He llevado a otras casas el aparato y se ve perfectamente todos los canales, era para comprobar si el problema fuera la lista de canales o el firmware pero no es ninguno de ellos.

Si el problema es con mi router, ¿qué solución podiais darme?

Muchas gracias por leerme, un saludo

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Me presento y consulta

Post by Feralkiwi »

Did you change the pass word in your V8X for the new router?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Vh85

Post by Vh85 »

Hi good morning from Spain!

I put direct the ethernet cable always and it's work, I don't need Wifi Conection

But when the router changed the GT media didn't work. I changed to Wifi Connection and put the correct password and GT media said correct. However the problem continued.

Then I went to others houses I tried Ethernet cable and Wifi conection in both houses and it worked!!

I think my problem is my router and my telephone company do something, because some webpages are block when I use firefox. But If I use Opera navegator this webpages I can visit it.

The problem is my router, any idea? Because it's not normal.

Thank you.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes over the years there have been reports of internet providers blocking set top boxes to prevent Ccam use (card sharing).
An example a few years ago was the "Fritzbox" modems, mid 2018. Then user reported that the modem (Fritzbox) restarted if the V8 Super was connected.
I now hear of modems that "Help" PayTV boxes block content for parental control. You set the parental control in the PayTV box and this is sent to the modem and then you find you can not access that content via you own phone etc.
If you think this is your internet provider you are stuck with it.

This will continue to happen as internet providers act on behalf of PayTV providers.

I have heard that if you use an older modem you can stop this, but the wifi speeds on older boxes is slower. As you use cable that will not be an issue. If your new modem is via a cell phone tower connection, the older copper wire box will not help or work.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Vh85

Post by Vh85 »

Hi, thanks for your answer!!

So the only option is put an old router or , I don't know, buy a virgin router and configure by myself.

And change settings or something in the new router, if it is possible? Because someone have any idea of advanced configure of the router. I can give you all details.

I will wait for your next answers, and then find an old router or other options that member or you can find.

Thank you so much, I read you

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you are on a copper wire internet modem, just try plugging in another modem.
The providers keep updating the modems so they have more control
I have plugged in a second modem through the first, internet cable from one to the other and then use the other three outputs for net use. In one test of this the second modem took control and the first stopped providing net to its users.

The other option is to change providers. Find out what net and modem the house where you tested uses.
You could also test with or use your neighbors internet.

Another thing, are you using more then four lines of CCam?
User have said that more than four is an issue in some GT Media units.

Owen

Return to “España”