Gtmedia gtc not booting

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

tnetworks

Gtmedia gtc not booting

Post by tnetworks »

My gtmedia gtc box stopped working and it's not booting whenever I plug it to power source...it will just hang on the freesat logo page. Please how can I get it back to its working state?

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: Gtmedia gtc not booting

Post by CAJE »

Check power supply, replace for the router

tnetworks

Post by tnetworks »

The power supply is working fine and I'm not using a router. The problem is d OS that's not booting.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

There are some recovery instructions for the GTC here.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

tnetworks

Post by tnetworks »

Thanks Owen. I saw the instruction to use USB to force update gtmedia gtc but the firmware is not provided. Is there a link to get the firmware for the gtc TV box?

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

tnetworks wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:05 pm
Thanks Owen. I saw the instruction to use USB to force update gtmedia gtc but the firmware is not provided. Is there a link to get the firmware for the gtc TV box?
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=12827

tnetworks

Post by tnetworks »

Thanks to you all for trying to help me fix my tv box. I have downloaded the appropriate firmware for the PC upgrade and tried to flash the tv box through both RockChip_Batch_Tool_v1.8 and the amlogic burning tool, but both are giving me an error message.
I've also downloaded the compatible .zip firmware for my tv box, changed the name of the file to "gtmediaupdate" as instructed, copied the file to a FAT32 formatted 2Gb USB flash drive, inserted the flash drive to the USB port at the back of the tv box and connected the power source while pressing menu button continuously, it displayed upgrading. Still, it is stuck on the upgrading page. What other things can be done to flash the firmware to the tv box?

tnetworks

Post by tnetworks »

Hello, I was able to load the stock firmware finally using the USB with zip file method. The problem now is that it keeps hanging after booting successfully, this was the initial problem I had with the TV box, it will just hang while in use.
Please what can be the likely cause of this issue as I'm not sure its software related.

I have used another power adaptor, disconnected all cables and tried to play media from USB but it keeps hanging.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

tnetworks wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:25 am
Hello, I was able to load the stock firmware finally using the USB with zip file method. The problem now is that it keeps hanging after booting successfully, this was the initial problem I had with the TV box, it will just hang while in use.
Please what can be the likely cause of this issue as I'm not sure its software related.

I have used another power adaptor, disconnected all cables and tried to play media from USB but it keeps hanging.
Have you try going back to previous version and test?

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”