LNBF C BAND

for the power, AV cable,HDMI cable....

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Marantz

Re: LNBF C BAND

Post by Marantz »

The receiver doesn't necessarily operate at 4.5 to 4.8 or 3.7 to 4.2 or 10 to 12 gigs , it receives an I.F. frequency band output from the LNBF and depending on the model its usually 950 to 1450 or up to 950 to 2000 mhz

Check the spec on the LNBF ,it will give you the input and output
some will work a little below and above the spec but it depends on the manufacturer
If you have several receivers look for the Sat lnbf input with the largest bandwidth so if you have 950 to 2000 that would give you about a 1000 MHz so if the lnbf starts at 3.7 theoretically you might make it to 4.7

Hope this helps a little

Squom_Bok

Post by Squom_Bok »

Yes, very helpful, thank you. I will buy upper c band LNB and test, I think v7 box has preset LNB configuration for L.O. of upper c band LNB?

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

V7 has several settings for the LO ,usually in North America 5150 is used ,you can change this but it will just change the frequency that is displayed .

Freesat V7 is Input Frequency Range 950MHZ-2150MHZ

So choose a lnbf input for the desired range on C band and make sure the output falls into the input range for the V7 (950 t0 2150 as noted on the official website )

the fact is the band of frequencies the lnbf puts out to the receiver will be received if the receiver has the same input bandwidth ,you can even program in a range for the LO in the ku band into the V7 and blind scan in a c band lnbf ,it will work but all the tp freqs will be wrong and any preset sat list will not work correctly .

The main thing is to get a LNBF that the input matches the frequency you want to receive and make sure the output matches your sat input freq range on your receiver

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Just looked
several 4.5 to 4.8 lnbf units on ebay , they aint cheap

Just for example off ebay ,not sure if it meets you own exact requirements

Norsat 5250I Specifications
Input Frequency 4.5 to 4.8 GHz
L.O. frequency 5.95 GHz
Output frequency 1150 to 1450 MHz

The output falls into the range of the receivers input 950 to 2150 and the V7 will accept the LO freq of 5950 ,i checked my V7

Nothing shown on lingsat for North America on these freqs
What do you what to watch?
just curious if you can say

Good luck

Need2learn

Post by Need2learn »

Is there such thing as an LNBF circular ?

Jim

Post by Jim »

Need2learn wrote:Is there such thing as an LNBF circular ?
Yes Invacom QPH-031

Need2learn

Post by Need2learn »

Jim wrote:
Yes Invacom QPH-031

That is Ka band not C band circular

Jim

Post by Jim »

Need2learn wrote:
Jim wrote:
Yes Invacom QPH-031

I have used that LNBF for years and it has nothing to do with Ka band? There are four ports 2-Circular and 2-Linear. which you can split with s Diseqc switch at the dish.

Jim

Post by Jim »

Jim wrote:
Need2learn wrote:
Jim wrote:
Yes Invacom QPH-031

I have used that LNBF for years and it has nothing to do with Ka band? There are four ports 2-Circular and 2-Linear ports. which you can split with a Diseqc switch at the dish.
You recently browsed
INVACOM QPH-031 Quad Polar LNB DSS + FTA Satellite Circular & Linear HD Ready

ftauser

LNBF C BAND

Post by ftauser »

I have a California Amplifier C Band dual polarity LNBF that came with my previously owned dish. Don't have any idea how old it is. I'm on a 7' mesh dish and live in south Arkansas. I have a hard time with a few transponders and wonder if a new Titanium C1 PLL LNBF might be better than what I have. I've looked at the California website and it seems their LNBs may be top of the line by looking at their prices. I've also noticed almost everyone on this site and other FTA forums use the Titanium C1 PLL. I figure there must be a reason for that.
7 1/2' mesh dish, Titanium ASC1 Dish Positioner, Titanium C1 PLL, Freesat V8 Super, Hellobox V5 Plus

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

ftauser wrote:I have a California Amplifier C Band dual polarity LNBF that came with my previously owned dish. Don't have any idea how old it is. I'm on a 7' mesh dish and live in south Arkansas. I have a hard time with a few transponders and wonder if a new Titanium C1 PLL LNBF might be better than what I have. I've looked at the California website and it seems their LNBs may be top of the line by looking at their prices. I've also noticed almost everyone on this site and other FTA forums use the Titanium C1 PLL. I figure there must be a reason for that.
Yes there is a reason we use them, they are the best for the money, just watch out for clones.

ftauser

Post by ftauser »

When I decide to get a new LNBF it will come from Titanium Satellite.
7 1/2' mesh dish, Titanium ASC1 Dish Positioner, Titanium C1 PLL, Freesat V8 Super, Hellobox V5 Plus

machteck

Post by machteck »

To make sure you do not get a clone buy direct from Titanium,they have a online store, and are the same price as Ebay the owner is Bryan and he is located in California.
Larry

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Some of the East Coast NA/SA Satellites like 34.5 west and 20 west that have PowerVu channels have Cband Circular (Right and Left) signals and so you need a CBand Circular LNB for some East Coast Satellites but the middle to West NA Sats all have linear (Vert - Horiz) signals.

Beers to all ! :D

carlosiqm

Post by carlosiqm »

STRETCH wrote:You could look at a Titanium Satellite C1W-PLL C-BAND LNB

DEN
A mi me funciona bien ese lnb

chartab

Post by chartab »

Tengo un geosat pro 17°K trabaja muy bien

carinobra

Post by carinobra »

I have a 2.60m LeroSat dish and I'm planning to have 43W, 45W and 47.5W as multi feeds on this dish.
Maybe I'd add 40.5W too ... still deciding.

This is the dish:

And I have a quad-LNB holder:

Any recommendation of C-band LNB for Multifeed?

JKL

Post by JKL »

Wow, really exaggerated. This is the Ku way of doing things.
I won't try it in C-Band!
It looks crappy as it's not even fitted well together at the middle.
This is popular in Affrica/India I think.
The cost of multiple LNB could cost more than an arm, literally! An actuator arm that is :-).

carinobra

Post by carinobra »

JKL wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:21 am
Wow, really exaggerated. This is the Ku way of doing things.
I won't try it in C-Band!
It looks crappy as it's not even fitted well together at the middle.
This is popular in Affrica/India I think.
The cost of multiple LNB could cost more than an arm, literally! An actuator arm that is :-).
Hahaha! C-Band Multifeed is common in South America ... The idea is to have a single LNB pointed to each satellite. There are very good FTA options coming from these satellites (43W, 45W, 47.5W)

I need all LNBs to be very close to each other because of the small distance between these satellites.

JKL

Post by JKL »

I think we agree with each other, multi c-band lnbs is for fix 10 foot dishs wich are not a north-america thing. ;)

jodon

Post by jodon »

Which one of those is the best? I have one with the blue ring on a 6 foot Channel Master.📡

jodon

Post by jodon »

Viene uno mejor que el de banda c con el cónico azul sencillo? Gracias

etlam34

Post by etlam34 »

Captain Ron wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:47 pm
Some of the East Coast NA/SA Satellites like 34.5 west and 20 west that have PowerVu channels have Cband Circular (Right and Left) signals and so you need a CBand Circular LNB for some East Coast Satellites but the middle to West NA Sats all have linear (Vert - Horiz) signals.

You just need the dialectic plate to get those !

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

etlam34 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:54 pm
Captain Ron wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:47 pm

You just need the dialectic plate to get those !
Yep, the Titanium C2 comes with the plate, bolts and the ring for your big dish.

JKL

Post by JKL »

I just saw the old post here searching for something to say ( the 10 post rule).

I'm from eastern Canada too with lots of parts in a Shed in the back yard as well, like an old timer.

I went to a begging spree in mid 2000 with local farmer and farmer widows in Beauce region and up.

With pizzas dish parts on the top of the car BTW ! Funny years...

I build my self a pretty neet and recent grey 10 foot dish on tripod, or quadropod...

What's the best tipical LNB specs regarding temp and stability for Ku and C? My chinner lnbf ku-c is kind of fine but still... and my old norsat and CalifAmp parts is useless in day and age!

Return to “Accessories”