New Upgrade version 6.2.41 

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

al2000

New Upgrade version 6.2.41 

Post by al2000 »

I tried to upgrade the new version but as usual it gives error and wont install it. The version is downloaded but when installing it breaks and give error. I tried couple of times bit same error
Attachments
20190109_080631.jpg
20190109_080631.jpg (2.05 MiB) Viewed 8099 times

dearde4n

Re: New Upgrade version 6.2.41 

Post by dearde4n »

i think this issues regarding to rooted device.. just my point of view..

Bintang

Post by Bintang »

6.2.41, scan of all channels are not a problem, including terresterial....
Attachments
567DFD58-BAF8-4DD1-8EE4-59990328E860.jpeg
567DFD58-BAF8-4DD1-8EE4-59990328E860.jpeg (2.33 MiB) Viewed 8083 times
E6A854D8-65FF-4A6C-8A82-95D18F079EE5.jpeg
E6A854D8-65FF-4A6C-8A82-95D18F079EE5.jpeg (2.56 MiB) Viewed 8083 times
2B93447B-E74C-448C-BDB7-3B1CA5A67F18.jpeg
2B93447B-E74C-448C-BDB7-3B1CA5A67F18.jpeg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 8083 times
24811167-27A5-4F0E-A28A-DFD63A7942B3.jpeg
24811167-27A5-4F0E-A28A-DFD63A7942B3.jpeg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 8083 times

al2000

Post by al2000 »

dearde4n wrote:i think this issues regarding to rooted device.. just my point of view..
Someone help pleaae. As you said to be able to upgrade I have to unroot my box and so I did unroot and restarted my box but its hanged on reboot logo for more than 1 hour. I unpluged it and again restarted but again hanged on reboot logo. Someone please help
Attachments
20190109_130052.jpg
20190109_130052.jpg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 8035 times

simon40

Post by simon40 »

Updated with 2,41.
So far works fine,
thank you for this new version and fixed problems.

dearde4n

Post by dearde4n »

al2000 wrote:
dearde4n wrote:i think this issues regarding to rooted device.. just my point of view..
Someone help pleaae. As you said to be able to upgrade I have to unroot my box and so I did unroot and restarted my box but its hanged on reboot logo for more than 1 hour. I unpluged it and again restarted but again hanged on reboot logo. Someone please help
sorry bro i cant figure it out.. if found a solution kindly post here

Larry

Post by Larry »

After the upgrade I did a factory reset and scanned 3 sats. On all three sats I do not get a picture on PV transponders. I get sound, and the oscam shows a key found. On one sat it showed a picture for a few seconds before it froze.

The first time I exported the DB it worked fine. After scanning another sat I tried to export the DB again and I got the Error 2 again.

Another post mentions version 3 software. Can older boxes (mine is about a year old) be upgraded to version 3. I just want something that halfway works with 4K capability!

jjsportruiz

Post by jjsportruiz »

ami ya me funciona la busqueda lo que no funciona ahora es la epg, e informacion del programa en vision

Islenito

Post by Islenito »

A mi me dejo de funcionar el gtplayer el resto hasta el momento funcionando bien

monitor13

Post by monitor13 »

Hola, he actualizado a esta versión y no se puede exportar la lista de canales. Estoy en astra 19.2. Y cuando se hace una nueva búsqueda en un transpondedor, los canales de tdt se desconfiguran. A seguir esperando

Franht81

Post by Franht81 »

Hi all,

Someone know how to solve the writing problem in external storage, since this device says that it supports storage of up to 2Tb but it does not stop if I can not save it. A big failure of freesat, I think this is advertising deception.

Buenop I hope it's my mistake and I have a solution.

Greetings to all.

ginogenie

Post by ginogenie »

Hi all,

Someone know how to solve the writing problem in external storage, since this device says that it supports storage of up to 2Tb but it does not stop if I can not save it. A big failure of freesat, I think this is advertising deception.

Greetings to all.
I also have a problem with the external storage. Sometime it will record to the internal storage instead of the external storage, causing the internal storage full and the GTC run out of internal storage space. Apps can no longer run. Eventually need to do the factory reset. Happens to me so many times.

Franht81

Post by Franht81 »

ginogenie wrote:
Hi all,

Greetings to all.
I also have a problem with the external storage. Sometime it will record to the internal storage instead of the external storage, causing the internal storage full and the GTC run out of internal storage space. Apps can no longer run. Eventually need to do the factory reset. Happens to me so many times.

Hello ginogenie,

Yesterday testing I have managed to format the hdd as internal storage and I have moved the information from settings. Advantages that the space has now been added to the 16GB that the GTC brings and allows you to create folders and write to them without problem. Disadvantage that if I take the HDD many applications do not run because it has moved to this HDD. I hope they solve this problem because the interesting thing is that you can remove the HDD and take the information wherever you want. A greeting.

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

In my opinion it is wrong idea to format HDD as internal memory. In that case formatted HDD should not be disconnected.
If you need to extend internal storage memory you have memory card slot for that.
The way how your HDD works now is not a bug. It is normal Android behawior in case of using HDD as internal storage memory

Franht81

Post by Franht81 »

wikjan wrote:In my opinion it is wrong idea to format HDD as internal memory. In that case formatted HDD should not be disconnected.
If you need to extend internal storage memory you have memory card slot for that.
The way how your HDD works now is not a bug. It is normal Android behawior in case of using HDD as internal storage memory

I understand what you say, but the microsd it supports is only 32Gb so it does not allow so much storage. If later I want to copy to external disk it does not allow me since it says that I do not have permissions when the USB ports are blocked or not to be root. It is the only option that I have found so that I can download Kodi movies. Also for the tests that I have done writing is faster by the usb 2.0

I hope they solve the issue of write permissions for external stores.

A greeting.

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

I am afraid you don' t understand.
External storage is for data only (movies, music, pictures.....) - and HDD connected via USB is the best for that purpose.
Internal storage is for system, aplications and it can be also for data (but it is not recomended to place movies there.)
I am using Kodi as media player and have all movies on external HDD.
There are some apk. - file managers to copy data from internal to external storage but only data.

Franht81

Post by Franht81 »

wikjan wrote:I am afraid you don' t understand.
External storage is for data only (movies, music, pictures.....) - and HDD connected via USB is the best for that purpose.
Internal storage is for system, aplications and it can be also for data (but it is not recomended to place movies there.)
I am using Kodi as media player and have all movies on external HDD.
There are some apk. - file managers to copy data from internal to external storage but only data.
Español
Hola Wikjan,

Entiendo lo que me dices, fue la primara forma que quise configurar el GTC pero siempre me dice que los usb no tienen permisos de escritura.

Creo que si nos entendemos pero el problema es que cuando quiero copiar algo sea vídeo, foto, música, etc. siempre me dice que no tengo permiso para copiar en usb. Creo que el copiado a usb externo esta bloqueado por alguna razón. Me pasa siempre sea HDD, PENDRIVE o microsd. He usado varios administradores de archivos y todos me dicen lo mismo. En Kodi 17.6 cuando quiero añadir una carpeta de descarga en el caso de Quasar o Elementum siempre me dice que la carpeta de destino no tiene permiso. He leído que suelen bloquear los USB de los TV BOX no se si es el caso de este pero a mi nunca me dejo copiar al HDD externo ni en FAT32, NTFS o Exfat.

Si existe alguna solución me gustaría que me ayudaran porque he intentado toda configuración y formatear como almacenamiento interno el HDD externo es la única solución que he encontrado.

Muchas gracias y un saludo.

English
Hello Wikjan,

I understand what you tell me, it was the first way I wanted to configure the GTC but it always tells me that the usb do not have write permissions.

I think if we understand each other, but the problem is that when I want to copy something, it's video, photo, music, etc. always tells me that I do not have permission to copy on usb. I think that external USB copying is blocked for some reason. It always happens to me whether it's HDD, PENDRIVE or microsd. I have used several file managers and they all tell me the same thing. In Kodi 17.6 when I want to add a download folder in the case of Quasar or Elementum it always tells me that the destination folder does not have permission. I have read that they usually block the USB of the TV BOX not if it is the case of this but I never let me copy to the external HDD or in FAT32, NTFS or Exfat.

If there is a solution I would like you to help me because I have tried all configuration and formatting as internal storage the external HDD is the only solution I have found.

Thank you very much and greetings

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

Hello Franht81, I am afraid that I can't help you now.
I am using USB HDD from the beginnig as external storage.
But after your post I copied from external to internal memory one file and then I tried to copy it from internal to external drive.
And I discoverded that I can't do that because there are no write access permissions.
So I entered new topic called Major bugs of GTC Android 6.0 TV BOX DVB-S2/T2/C - current state
And I hope I point Freesat Team that it is one of the two major bugs.
Sorry that I can't help you. Hope you'll understand that I was earlier not familiar with this problem.
So far I had no need to copy something from internal memory
Hope you read carefuly my topic about major bugs and you can add something if you want and have additional comments

Franht81

Post by Franht81 »

wikjan wrote:Hello Franht81, I am afraid that I can't help you now.
I am using USB HDD from the beginnig as external storage.
But after your post I copied from external to internal memory one file and then I tried to copy it from internal to external drive.
And I discoverded that I can't do that because there are no write access permissions.
So I entered new topic called Major bugs of GTC Android 6.0 TV BOX DVB-S2/T2/C - current state
And I hope I point Freesat Team that it is one of the two major bugs.
Sorry that I can't help you. Hope you'll understand that I was earlier not familiar with this problem.
So far I had no need to copy something from internal memory
Hope you read carefuly my topic about major bugs and you can add something if you want and have additional comments
Español:
Muchas gracias por crear otro tema por dicho error. Esperemos den permisos de escritura en alguna de las actualizaciones de firmware futuras.

¿Necesitas que confirme el error de escritura en el post que has creado?

Un saludo y muchas gracias

English:
Thank you very much for creating another topic for that mistake. We hope to give write permissions on any future firmware updates.

Do you need to confirm the writing error in the post you created?

Regards, and thank you very much

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

No I don't need the confirmation for copy / transfer bug.
I think that screenshot attached in my topic is the best confirmation (Major bugs of GTC Android 6.0 TV BOX DVB-S2/T2/C - current state.)
Hope that Freesat Team will fix copy/transfer and timer recording bugs untill the end of January

Bali

Post by Bali »

Hi!

I'd like to know where to download version 6.2.41?
A 6.2.40. unfortunately not find more channels.
OTA can't find an update.
Thanks!

arturo_gl

Post by arturo_gl »

al2000 wrote:I tried to upgrade the new version but as usual it gives error and wont install it. The version is downloaded but when installing it breaks and give error. I tried couple of times bit same error

arturo_gl

Post by arturo_gl »

simon40 wrote:Updated with 2,41.
So far works fine,
thank you for this new version and fixed problems.
could you send me a link to a new firmware 6.2.41 I do not know where I can find it. My e-mail: arturo_gl@wp.pl
Thanks

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

As I know new firmware versions C20.A6.3.40 and C20.A6.2.41 are available only as OTA update.
In addition to that you should know which version is suitable for your box.
You joined the forum recently so I guess that you got your receiver in January.
If it is that case then it is more probable that you need C20.A6.3.40. Point your attention which software you have now : C20.A6.3.xx or C20.A6.2.xx
There are at least two versions of hardware and it is not recommended to upgrade with wrong version.

vavagba

Post by vavagba »

Buenas noches colegas, tengo que descargar la actualización de la actualización 39? porque he actualizado con la última versión 4.1, pero la misma tiene un error para algunos canales en Powervu el canal se abre y se bloquea. Gracias.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”