DVB missing functions - poll

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

What function do you lack the most in DVB software?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:33 am

Timeshift recording
25%
Immediate recording (starts after one press on remote)
No votes
Direct audio toggle (eg green button to switch the audio language to next one)
15%
Direct subtitle toggle (eg yellow button to switch subtitles to next - OFF >SUB1>SUB2..>SUBx>OFF)
5%
Channel selection by entering the first characters of the name
10%
Simple effective EPG navigation
30%
Other not mentioned
15%

Total votes: 20

wikjan

DVB missing functions - poll

Post by wikjan »

DVB application has still some missing funtions very helpful in everyday use.
I encourage you to vote for your most wanted but still missing function

utah

Re: DVB missing functions - poll

Post by utah »

Missing Usals function of Move , current gotx and store does not work as usals motor will always goto zero for goto x until you save correct position of selected satellite. This is a standard USAL command well known on the even the most in expensive receivers !

Also THe GTC box does NOT store satellite setup information accurately under DisecQ commands. After turning off receiver information is lost for individul sats and you must start process all over again !
Thank You

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

Thank you to those who have already voted, and encourage others to vote

@ utah
Welcome back on the forum after 10 months break.
I am using diseqc for Hotbird and Astra only and it works good without any problems.
I am afraid your post is not clear for me and other users who do not need to use satellite dish positioner.
No other user reported DiSEqC 1.3 (USALS) problems after last software upgrades.

In my opinion it is not good place for your post.
Next time join other more suitable topic (eg. "DVB native apk. settings, FAQs and bugs") or create your own.
By the way, if you are convinced that it is not software/hardware problem but missing function, why you did not vote for "Other not mentioned" ? (I know that because there are no votes yet when I am writing this post)

utah

Post by utah »

Hello :wikjan
Thank you for response, I will try to clear up your concerns;
No 10 month absence , please do not assume since no login or posts means absence from forum. Since my purchase of GTC in 2017 I view forum content weekly in order of trying to keep up with GTC firmware and how other forum members have overcome problems. Also I did not post "Other not mentioned" because I choose to mention.
BTW I am of the opinion that GTC box works has improved, although very slowly. I do not login & add to repetitive Negative posts . GTC box works very well for my use with exception of DVB which still has many problems. Firmware fixes have come very slowly for DVB in my opinion.
However I am very appreciative of the support theGTC box has continued to receive. I use box for FTA in NO. America and very few other STB boxes receive anything but basic support. I only know of 2 other Android boxes and they are way out of $ price range vs GTC.
Motor information : Usual DiSeqC motors can store approx 60 satellite positions . In N America at my lattitude I can see sats from 12deg W to 139 deg west . Motor positions start always from my lowest satellite in the east direction and move to the highest in the west position.
My point is Disecq motors are designed to communicate the commands of the receiver, The commands of various receivers maybe listed in different order but all receivers MUST follow the Diseqc protcols :
1 GO east/west: rotate dish antenna to east /west .
2. Fine tune east/west : rotates antenna in step increments.
3. Store stores satellites position numbers 01-60.
4. Goto nn or MOVE rotates antenna to stored sat position.This is critical it does not Matter what you assign as name to a given satellite the motor KNOWS ONLY the position number assigned which will relate to the degree location in the ARC of the satellites any where in the world
Most motors firmware are pre programmed for about 26 satellites. Many receivers including the GTC have position numbers from 0 to 255. I do not why this is but it is !. I do know that there is no FTA receiver that can possibly view all sattelites in the ARC.
5.Goto this command rotates the antenna motor to zero position as a reference point.
6. ReSynchronize/shift allows motor to to re write or calibrate all positions this works with receivers GOto X functions to find satellite position numbers based on Lat and Longitude assigned by receiver.
What I think is GTC engineers have tryed to abbreviate a systems protocols by including every satellite in the north and southern hemphieres and they are listed incorrectly by position number.
This necessitates[at least} in north america making your own satellite list and loading to GTC which really cannot be done as it will conflict with numbers preloaded in GTC and m ay BRICK the GTC.
GTC USAL lists east or west (only shows one direction at time) and gotx/store combined this will not work with any motor firmware that I am aware of !.
I realize the GTC is sold worldwide however I would suggest that engineer provide a lists of satellites that can be downloaded. List would be noted for GTC buyers location in the world.
I also note that when setting up sats and storing position number GTC does not store or assigns all sats the number of sat that was first stored. This is a constant problem. The fact is that there is much work by engineer yet to be accomplished for DVB of GTC box.
Thanks again. :D

samikhanfor

Post by samikhanfor »

-Search for channel
-manage channel via HTTP page
-auto delete duplicated channels

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

samikhanfor wrote:-Search for channel
-manage channel via HTTP page
-auto delete duplicated channels
Search for channel - is similar if not the same function as channel selection by entering the first characters of the name.
So you can vote for that.
Auto delete duplicated channels is not good idea - how could the box recognize which copy of the channel is better in terms of picture or to descramble.
Manage channel via HTTP page - there is no such function but you can manage channels using xml editors

I encourage you and the others who have not yet voted to vote

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

I encourage all of you who have not yet voted to vote

Results at the halfway point of voting
- 1st place takes Simple effective EPG navigation
For many users it is definitely very important to have good,simple and easy working EPG navigation.
- 2nd place occupies Timeshift recording.
This is probably the most difficult feature to implement in DVB software
- 3rd places ex aequo belong to Direct audio toggle and Other not mentioned
Direct audio toggle to change audio language is also very important for many users and it is the easiest function to implement.
I can only guess that votes for Other not mentioned include such missing features as TXT function or HTTP channel management

I hope that the freesat team will take into account the voting results when improving DVB software

vivek.khanna

Post by vivek.khanna »

I use Kiii pro box as well and following functions are very useful and missing in GTC
- add/edit transponders (Because of this I am unable to scan all channels), can we port the app to this box?
- find channels by name

wikjan

Post by wikjan »

Only one week left until the end of the vote
I encourage all of you who have not yet voted to vote

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”