GTC resolution 4K

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

jackot

GTC resolution 4K

Post by jackot »

Hi,
I have gtmedia GTC (actual firmware) and I have some strange problem. A few times a lost 4k resolution from settings, after few hours I had again. Yesterday again I lost and.... after that I had resolution also 4k with 50 and 60 Hz, before max 30 Hz.
And again I do not have, specially 4k with 50 Hz is OK because the picture is stable.
What can I do to keep for a long time 4k resolution ?
Can You help me ?
Thank You

rob1975

Re: GTC resolution 4K

Post by rob1975 »

I have the same problem.

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Did you notice if there was a drop in signal strength or Quality readings from the Satellite, I haven't bought a GTC yet but i'm wondering if during cloud cover or rain etc. and if the signal drops if the box will drop the quality of 4K to the TV? Just a guess as I don't have a GTC yet .

nzl229

Post by nzl229 »

jackot wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:39 am
Hi,
I have gtmedia GTC (actual firmware) and I have some strange problem. A few times a lost 4k resolution from settings, after few hours I had again. Yesterday again I lost and.... after that I had resolution also 4k with 50 and 60 Hz, before max 30 Hz.
And again I do not have, specially 4k with 50 Hz is OK because the picture is stable.
What can I do to keep for a long time 4k resolution ?
Can You help me ?
Thank You
If this problem that sometimes lost 4k resolution from setting occurs, try SETTING->Display->Screen resolution and set a fixed 4K resolution.
This problem may be caused by poor HDMI compatibility between the TV and the set-top box.

jackot

Post by jackot »

Thanks
Satellite signal more than 90 % and I tried a few hdmi cables....:(

jackot

Post by jackot »

OK! Problem with hdmi splitter.
But still I do not understend why at the same time I didn't have problemu with other devices PS4, Tv box 4K....
Strange

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Ahhhh a splitter does explain it, not all splitters are created equally and some will not put out maximum signal to all the outputs and are just decent on 1080P and arent nearly good enough to split 4K.

Not just HDMI splitters but Coax splitters suffer from that same problem also as they lose some signal strength during the splitting, maybe do some Google Searches and find one that people rate as very good quality when splitting 4K and buy it.

Good Luck and Beers to you ! :D

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”