Lots of variables

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Jcampb3

Lots of variables

Post by Jcampb3 »

Well , I'm in centeral Florida.
I have a v7s and a v8 finder. I have a larger slimline dish and 2 universal type lnbs. Only one mounted and I'm looking for galaxy 19. I have found 5 Chinese channels I believe on galaxy 3 that's 2 degrees from the 19 sat.
But I'm having trouble getting the 19 sat. Any input?

Jcampb3

Re: Lots of variables

Post by Jcampb3 »

My dish should be large enough to receive the signal.
I imagine the 97w signal is weaker than 95w and the stb just ignores the weaker signal. That's my feeling anyway.
I have invested hours attempting to focus on 97w. I switched dishes with another one I acquired and got the same results. I switched lnbs and got the same results. I used the stb and the v8 finder both got the same results.
I adjusted the focal point as well and got the same results.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

97W Ku band is a strong signal. Around 215 degrees on compass, 53 degrees of elevation and +26 degrees of LNB rotation (if in front of the dish LNB mark should be at 11am using a clock as reference. Make sure you choose 9700-10600 Universal LNB type

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

cpr43 wrote:97W Ku band is a strong signal. Around 215 degrees on compass, 53 degrees of elevation and +26 degrees of LNB rotation (if in front of the dish LNB mark should be at 11am using a clock as reference. Make sure you choose 9700-10600 Universal LNB type
As G19 is hi-band Ku then a Standard lnb (LO 10.750) should work as well, so long as it is correctly specified in the antenna configuration page. If a Universal lnb is in use then make sure that the "tone/22khz" is set to on or active.

To find the satellite, which has a strong signal, I would suggest putting in one of the transponder details (Frequency, Symbol Rate and also Polarization) and adjust until you get a signal, TP13 11960V22000 is recently confirmed in Lyngsat, so that is the one I would use. The fact that you was able to get those 5 stations from G3 says your setup is working, just needs to be aligned.

Good luck and Merry Xmas to all.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Jcampb3

Post by Jcampb3 »

Well I entered the frequency, moved the dish a tiny bit and it locked right on and blind scan and I'm all set.
Well that took 2 min. Now I have to pick up all the beer cans from the hours of adjusting and looking at the dish.
Thanks for setting me straight. I just wasnt thinking. Using a known working frequency transponder to just key in on what I want and not what's there. Thanks for your help.
I peaked the quality but it's still low on the scale. I may need a bigger dish. A few duplicate channels and I will have to play with it more but I'm on the right track.
Thanks very much.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

LOL... take those beer cans to the recycling plant and get some money back.... glad it worked for you. Just a word about Lyngsat (and other similar sites), some of the information is real old and out of date,,,, look for a transponder that has been recently updated and you should be ok. You can see the date in the right hand column, they (Lyngsat) only post updates and do not check if the rest of the data is current.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Jcampb3

Post by Jcampb3 »

My quality is around 40. I have adjusted both directions to peak and adjusted the lnb degree to peak. Also tried to tilt the dish. But that quality is just not there. Could I need a different dish? I'm using a old slimline oval like dish. I have a smaller round one but the results are similar.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Jcampb3 wrote:My quality is around 40. I have adjusted both directions to peak and adjusted the lnb degree to peak. Also tried to tilt the dish. But that quality is just not there. Could I need a different dish? I'm using a old slimline oval like dish. I have a smaller round one but the results are similar.
yes, a rounded 30" or more will give you best results.

Jcampb3

Post by Jcampb3 »

Still working great!
I am able to get a lock and adjust it to anything in just a few minutes.

Jcampb3

Post by Jcampb3 »

Very happy customer.

Channel Master

Post by Channel Master »

I am using a modified Direct Tv Slimline dish for Galaxy 19 with an 8-port diseq switch. My signal readings are 40/42 percent on a freesat v7. It will get most channels. Glad to hear you got it working.

Jcampb3

Post by Jcampb3 »

I may get another slimline snd use 2. Because I purchased a few extra lnbs :idea:

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”