ATTENTION ADMIN: Software download request please

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Steve

ATTENTION ADMIN: Software download request please

Post by Steve »

I would like to download the latest software for my GTC, please. I am currently running GTC-C20.A6.3.45

I am having a number of issues which might have been fixed in a later version of the software, if one exists.

My problems relate to:

1) Disappearance of channels on power down and/or standby
2) Incomplete blind scan (missing channels after doing a scan (workaround with DiSEqC?)
3) DiSEqC work-around seems to yield more channels in the list but they don't necessarily have video & sound

I have compared the channels located by scanning and the channels actually received (i.e. sound and video, not just signal bar readings) with an independent satellite receiver (same LNB, though not at the same time of course). The other receiver locates and receives more channels every time.

My dish is pointing at Astra 19.2

Typical behaviour: A normal scan gives a lot fewer channels than I know to be on this satellite cluster.
A blind scan gives a lot more: KiKa but not n-tv and not KiKa HD (for instance)
A blind scan with DiSEqC enabled (although I am not using DiSQeC) seems to find loads more channels: including KiKa, KiKa HD and n-tv but when I go to, for example, KiKa HD there is no sound or video - even though I know it is currently transmitting (using another receiver). Odd, because the Stength and Quality bars show plenty of signal.

This is either very buggy software or I have a defective unit. I'm hoping that some of these issues have been addressed in later versions of the software. The Android side of the product seems to work pretty well, and the way the satellite tuner is integrated is quite nice. However, the satellite tuner software itself seems to work very poorly.

My previous post on this forum has not received any response yet... so I don't know if I am barking up the wrong tree posting here. Is this the only channel for technical support?
GTMedia GTC Android box with DVB Satellite/Terrestrial/Cable tuner *** GTMedia V8 Finder BT03
Cambridge UK *** Astra 19.2E for foreign-language TV and English-language news

klee70

Re: ATTENTION ADMIN: Software download request please

Post by klee70 »

Disappearing of channels might suggest a faulty unit.

The software is the latest, but I don't think that is the issue here as I have none of these. I also use astra satellite, and can receive N-tv, n-tv HD, KiKa and KiKa HD without issues. In total I have now 913 channels in the list for 19.2 east.

I do however use disecq 1.0.

I did have some issues with channel management. When adding multiple channels from different satellites to different favourites lists things got jumbled. I now usually edit channels to/for a single favourite,IST and then exit and restart. However channels never disappear.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Steve wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:51 pm
Is this the only channel for technical support?
Hi Steve,
I doubt your problem will be solved here so I suggest you do one of the following:=
1.- email your complaint to the factory >> winsat11@winsat.net <<. My first GTC arrived with problems and after two months of testing it was replaced.
2.- send a p.m. here in the forum to @Lining and @nzl229, again explaining your problem.
Don't give up, I hope you paid by PayPal.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks, juan_vale & klee70 for the input.

I think that it is probably a faulty unit... although I did see some post relating to incomplete scanning when DiSQeQ was not being used. That DOES seem to be a work-around of sorts. But in my case it results in more channels being "detected" in the scan but it does not necessarily result in a signal being seen on the channels (despite "signal"and "quality" bars looking good - unlike on channels not actually transmitting).

I really appreciate your feedback. I will be abandoning this receiver - it certainly is not fit for purpose out of the box and it does not look like help from the manufacturer is available here despite it being the only published place for technical support.

A bit of a disappointing experience with GTMedia for me. A pity, because the Android box/Satellite receiver combination seems like a good idea to me.
GTMedia GTC Android box with DVB Satellite/Terrestrial/Cable tuner *** GTMedia V8 Finder BT03

Steve

Post by Steve »

Well... just to update you on this problem:

I bought a second GTC and it works much better. It finds all of the channels that I expect to find on 19.2 East. It does, however, have an earlier version of software (GTC-C20.A6.3.37) that seems to have other niggles. I'm hoping that I may e able to obtain the latest version (which I believe, currently, to be v45).

The other GTC unit, needless to say, is going back to the vendor for a refund.

The problems that I have experienced with v37:

1) Weather app (main Android screen) does not seem to be able to see the internet, despite other apps working fine
2) The standby function does not seem to work correctly. I goes into standby and comes right back out immediately most, if not all, of the time. The shutdown function, does, however work.

Both of these are minor things, but it would still be nice to have the latest software on the box.

A big thank you to you for the suggestion of who to contact. Direct contact DOES seem to be the only way to get customer support from the manufacturer.

It would be nice if the updated firmware was a bit more available, but I guess they have a problem with knockoff copies and are probably not wanting to provide the copiers with IP on a plate.

Steve

Post by Steve »

Another update:

The new unit updated OTA and now works very well. I'm very pleased with it.

The vendor of the original, faulty, box was very slow to respond and, when they did, were not forthcoming with a postage paid return label which in my experience is the usual path for an eBay return. eBay were very good and stepped in to fix the problem. Ended up with a full refund and did not have the hassle of boxing up the defective unit etc.

I do wish that vendors would abide by eBay rules and rectify problems when they ship out defective merchandise.

When will vendors understand that replacing a defective unit quickly is the MINIMUM that a customer requires - and even then, that is a NEGATIVE customer experience, not a POSITIVE one. A POSITIVE experience is getting what you ordered, working, quickly. <end rant>

Anyway. the GTMedia GTC is a nice unit, well worth the price.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”