GTC box, satellite video & audio disappeared

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Steve

GTC box, satellite video & audio disappeared

Post by Steve »

I have a brand new GTMEDIA GTC box. When I first turned it on both the Android and Satellite functions worked fine. I was able to scan and receive satellite channels. However, the very first time I rebooted the box the satellite video and sound disappeared. Android functions are still working fine, and on the satellite channel the "info" banner shows good "signal" and "quality".

I have tried rebooting the box (more than once) but still no audio or video on any satellite channel.

I rescanned, and the box seemed to think that it was finding channels as before... but still no audio or video on any channel (including ones which I know to be active 24/7).

Any ideas?
GTMedia GTC Android box with DVB Satellite/Terrestrial/Cable tuner *** GTMedia V8 Finder BT03
Cambridge UK *** Astra 19.2E for foreign-language TV and English-language news

Dan28

Re: GTC box, satellite video & audio disappeared

Post by Dan28 »

The tuner has a few bugs, It won't find some channels and when it does find them they eventually stop working.

I had the same problem, You can try this solution to get them back.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=12604&start=50#p52592

Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks, Dan, for the pointer.

In the end, I bought a replacement GTC box which seems to work just fine (apart from some minor niggles due, I think, to it having a version of the firmware that is 8 behind the "current" one).

So my advice to anyone who is missing channels (on any satellite, I suppose) would be:

1) Try turning on DiSQeC 1.0 even if not using a DiSQeC motor or switch - that seems to cause extra channels to be found for some odd reason

2) Make sure you are doing both BLIND SCAN and ACCURATE SCAN

If your box STILL does not find all of the channels (per the Lyngsat list) then contact your vendor for a replacement. The box is defective. I would suspect that, if you are missing channels, it will not just be one or two but will be a whole transponder's worth which is not too hard to spot.

If you bought your box through eBay defective merchandise can be returned to the supplier at the suppliers cost per eBay rules. In my experience (here in the UK at least) eBay are pretty intolerant of vendors who sell defective merchandise and are resistant to return/refund requests.

One warning, though. In my direct experience it is better to get a refund and re-source the item than to request a replacement. Sometimes replacements (a) take a v-e-r-y long time and (b) sometimes are shipped from outside the UK which can result in paying both duty and a handling charge.
GTMedia GTC Android box with DVB Satellite/Terrestrial/Cable tuner *** GTMedia V8 Finder BT03

Steve

Post by Steve »

ONE MORE CAVEAT:

As I discovered with the defective box that I had, it is possible (for one of the failure modes) for the channel list to be populated with all the expected channels but (even though the signal strength/quality bars show a signal) any one or more particular channels to be blank. SO a fully-populated channel list is not necessarily the end of your woes.

Steve

Post by Steve »

Another update:

The new unit updated OTA and now works very well. I'm very pleased with it.

The vendor of the original, faulty, box was very slow to respond and, when they did, were not forthcoming with a postage paid return label which in my experience is the usual path for an eBay return. eBay were very good and stepped in to fix the problem. Ended up with a full refund and did not have the hassle of boxing up the defective unit etc.

I do wish that vendors would abide by eBay rules and rectify problems when they ship out defective merchandise.

When will vendors understand that replacing a defective unit quickly is the MINIMUM that a customer requires - and even then, that is a NEGATIVE customer experience, not a POSITIVE one. A POSITIVE experience is getting what you ordered, working, quickly. <end rant>

Anyway. the GTMedia GTC is a nice unit, well worth the price.

Dan28

Post by Dan28 »

Steve wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:35 pm
Another update:

The new unit updated OTA and now works very well. I'm very pleased with it.

The vendor of the original, faulty, box was very slow to respond and, when they did, were not forthcoming with a postage paid return label which in my experience is the usual path for an eBay return. eBay were very good and stepped in to fix the problem. Ended up with a full refund and did not have the hassle of boxing up the defective unit etc.

I do wish that vendors would abide by eBay rules and rectify problems when they ship out defective merchandise.

When will vendors understand that replacing a defective unit quickly is the MINIMUM that a customer requires - and even then, that is a NEGATIVE customer experience, not a POSITIVE one. A POSITIVE experience is getting what you ordered, working, quickly. <end rant>

Anyway. the GTMedia GTC is a nice unit, well worth the price.
I don't think half of those sellers on ebay know what they are selling tbh. My box was listed as having 5ghz wifi which was one of the reasons i bought it.

I factory reset mine thinking it would solve the problem of finding channels only to find it was stuck on a bootloop in recovery mode after it reboot which took me about a week to fix and was a pain to do. I was close to asking for a refund until i found out the seller had closed their account which was weird for me because every time i've bought something from ebay i've never had any problems.

My box has minor issues but i suspect they are software issues and not hardware and hopefully the will be fixed soon, But i don't know who is in charge of updates or even if they know these bugs exist, Some bugs have existed for quite a while because they're pushing out untested firmware. They should instead ask if people want to test it before they release it.

I'm glad you sorted it out.
Last edited by Dan28 on Mon May 27, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

radhe123

Re: GTC ANDROID RECEIVER BILND SCAN

Post by radhe123 »

Respect sir,
Gtc android receiver problem blind scan as a copy same channel. So try solve problems. Ex. Best v8 golden receiver blind scan and edit channel, move . So you can better dvb gtc android receiver.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190527-001808_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20190527-001808_YouTube.jpg (350.96 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
Screenshot_20190527-001755_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20190527-001755_YouTube.jpg (428.25 KiB) Viewed 2354 times

Dan28

Post by Dan28 »

@radhe123
I don't know that satellite but if you see the same channel more than once then it maybe for a different region or backup channel.

You can disable them by exporting the list with a USB then edit it on your PC and set

Code: Select all

skip="true"
For all the channels you want to hide.

radhe123

Post by radhe123 »

Hi,
I have use v8 Golden and GTC android receiver.
V8 goden is blind scan satellite /SES8 95 east kuband all transponder scan sucess but gtc android box problem not all transponder scan and channel manager edit not better v8 golden

Dan28

Post by Dan28 »

radhe123 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:09 am
Hi,
I have use v8 Golden and GTC android receiver.
V8 goden is blind scan satellite /SES8 95 east kuband all transponder scan sucess but gtc android box problem not all transponder scan and channel manager edit not better v8 golden
Yes, The GTC has this problem. If you keep doing multiple blind scans sometimes the missing channels will appear.

For me it took about 10 tries before it found some of the missing channels, You can try blind scan and with accurate off and on to see if that helps.

Steve

Post by Steve »

If you have not already done so, try turning on DiSQeC 1.0 before doing blind & accurate scan. This has been reported elsewhere on the forum as helping with the scan (even if you have no DiSQeC devices).

In my case, the receiver found all the channels listed in Lyngsat, although the hardware was faulty so it still could not receive a signal on ALL of the "found" channels

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”