sound problem

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

karish

sound problem

Post by karish »

why my receiver v7 plus have disturbing back ground sound. the sound comes like blowing wind or like a shortwave signal

karish

Re: sound problem

Post by karish »

some kind of noisy comes and it depends on which channel is watching some channels is high and some channels is low

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are you using the HDMi or AV cable?

If you are using the AV cable the 3.5mm plug needs to be a long plug, 17mm not 15mm.
The noise from this is part of the video signal connected to the audio.

If you are using HDMi, try changing the audio settings in the menu.

The other cause could be from a earth loop on your mains power.
Your dish LNB is connected to ground outside and your TV is inside.
Power may be running from the dish to the Freesat unit to you TV and then to earth.
Try adding a AV cable as well as the HDMi cable so the AV cable provides more earth than the HDMi cable does.
To check if the noise is coming from earth currents in the LNB cable, play a recorded file from USB on your Freesat unit to the TV with the LNB cable disconnected.

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

karish

Post by karish »

am using RCA cables i have tried to change av cables but the noisy sound is still there tried to disconnect lnb but the sound is still there what other solution

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

As I said with the AV cable you need a 3.5mm plug that is a LONG plug, 17mm long not 15mm.
This longer plug means that the connections reach far enough into the connector.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

karish

Post by karish »

even if i change cables to 17mm is still the same what about if i use earth loop isolator

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It could be from the power supply, the 12v power adapter.
Try a different one if you have one, just check the voltage and polarity are correct.

Is the noise on one side only, ie left or right?

Owen

karish

Post by karish »

i have other adapter with the same polarity and voltage but the difference is 1.5mA and the other is 2.0 mA

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

1.5 is OK Owen

karish

Post by karish »

i have tried like everything but no change, my receiver still having back ground noisy sound and increases or reduses when i change channel

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Check that you have the volume below four spaces below maximum. I think this affects only HDMi output.
Also try the AV settings for Audio. I think there are two options.

Owen

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

You have to set the volume on your satellite receiver to completely loud and then adjust the volume of the TV set. If you turn off the volume of the receiver to low you have to amplify the audio signal on the TV completely and it comes to groaning.
Many users make this mistake. Ground noise is unnecessarily amplified by the TV amplifier when incoming Signal is to low

Best regards pegasus07
Don Quijote for satellite systems

karish

Post by karish »

thanks increasing receiver volume and reducing tv volume solved like 60 percent of my problem

AccountsTM

Post by AccountsTM »

pegasus07 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:05 am
You have to set the volume on your satellite receiver to completely loud and then adjust the volume of the TV set. If you turn off the volume of the receiver to low you have to amplify the audio signal on the TV completely and it comes to groaning.
Many users make this mistake. Ground noise is unnecessarily amplified by the TV amplifier when incoming Signal is to low

Best regards pegasus07
Hi sorry, can you tell me how to increase receiver volume? Thanks

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”