V7 plus only green light on the panel

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ftabg

V7 plus only green light on the panel

Post by ftabg »

Hi. One month ago I lost HDMI connection with my V7 Plus. Tried everything-no luck. Started to use the device with AV cables. Today I totally lost the connection to the TV and the device has only green power light on the front panel. Seems totally dead. Tried "flush.bin" - no luck. Should i scrap it or there is another way to try? I appreciate any help. Thanks.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: V7 plus only green light on the panel

Post by cpr43 »

ftabg wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:25 pm
Hi. One month ago I lost HDMI connection with my V7 Plus. Tried everything-no luck. Started to use the device with AV cables. Today I totally lost the connection to the TV and the device has only green power light on the front panel. Seems totally dead. Tried "flush.bin" - no luck. Should i scrap it or there is another way to try? I appreciate any help. Thanks.
flash.bin NO flush.bin. Maybe you need to try older files

ftabg

Post by ftabg »

Yes, I did "flash.bin" Not Flush..... Even the numeric display does not work. Receiver is completely unresponsive.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

ftabg wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:35 pm
Yes, I did "flash.bin" Not Flush..... Even the numeric display does not work. Receiver is completely unresponsive.
Follow steps easy

Download firmware. Unrar or decompressed firmware. Copy firmware .bin which is inside the rar file to an empty USB already formatted to FAT32. Rename the firmware name to flash (it will end as flash.bin). With the box unplug from power load the USB, plug back to the power while presssing the MENU botton on your remote control. I will send a link so you can download OLD files

ftabg

Post by ftabg »

I did all of this many times. The receiver does not respond at all. Only green power light on the front panel.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

ftabg wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:32 pm
I did all of this many times. The receiver does not respond at all. Only green power light on the front panel.
Either you keep trying using old firmware and different USB until you succeed or you can dump or get rid of.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

ftabg wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:32 pm
Try another power supply, low voltage can cause this problem.

ftabg

Post by ftabg »

I did measure the voltage inside the receiver is 12.26v. I think this is the normal level. I did use it not more than two weeks and so many problems. May be it is time to dump it in a garbage and get something more expensive but good. I don't know.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

ftabg wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:42 pm
I did measure the voltage inside the receiver is 12.26v. I think this is the normal level. I did use it not more than two weeks and so many problems. May be it is time to dump it in a garbage and get something more expensive but good. I don't know.
Do as you wish. We have give you detail instructions and help. Please be advice we can't allow bashing or bad attitude. Wishing you good luck.

spgizzi

Post by spgizzi »

I have similar problem with my v7 combo. It only shows green light on the front panel and does not show anything on the tv at all. I have tried the flash.bin on usb with no luck. I have also tried rs232 with no luck. Kindly send me link to the old files i try... Thank you.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

spgizzi wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:51 pm
I have similar problem with my v7 combo. It only shows green light on the front panel and does not show anything on the tv at all. I have tried the flash.bin on usb with no luck. I have also tried rs232 with no luck. Kindly send me link to the old files i try... Thank you.
sent

spgizzi

Post by spgizzi »

Thank you. I will try and give feedback.

vladimler

Post by vladimler »

Hello. I have GTMedia_V7Plus. About a week after the purchase everything worked fine. And now only the green led lights up. Please send me a link to the old firmware, I will also try flash.bin.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

All the old and current software is on the download page.
Use the file for your unit.
The V7 Plus is here.

flash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote. You must use the V7 remote on the V7.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.
Use the rear USB port on units that have two ports.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

vladimler

Post by vladimler »

Thanks for the answer, Owen.
I did everything as you advise. But the boot from the flash drive did not start.
In my case, I solved the problem by opening the box. It turned out that there was just a bad contact in the connector.
But here is the boot question if the receiver does not answer the remote control, remains open for me?

I apologize for the poor translation, I communicate through the Google translator.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are you saying that the unit is booting and showing a picture, but you can not get it to respond to the remote?
If so check that the remote sensor is OK.
The V7s has a IR plug on the back for an external remote sensor.
You could try that.
I made some note on this here because the early models had a 4 pin socket that was incorrect,

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

brando78

Post by brando78 »

Ho fatto ripartire il mio decoder che rimaneva con la scritta boot, e non andava più avanti, ho risolto con il firmware di marzo 2018, trovato su internet

vladimler

Post by vladimler »

GTMedia_V7Plus does not have an IR plug. This Jack 3.5 is dedicated to RS232.
Thanks for the hints, I was looking for an RS232 plug.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

vladimler wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:15 pm
GTMedia_V7Plus does not have an IR plug. This Jack 3.5 is dedicated to RS232.
Thanks for the hints, I was looking for an RS232 plug.
Attachments
Freesat RS232 cable.jpg
Freesat RS232 cable.jpg (10.15 KiB) Viewed 2582 times

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”