No puedo grabar / I can't record (V8 Nova Orange) more than 4GB

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

wonder

No puedo grabar / I can't record (V8 Nova Orange) more than 4GB

Post by wonder »

Hola.
Hace breves semanas tengo este deco, muy bueno por cierto.
He insertado un pendrive, con el actualicé el firmware y cargué lista de canales.
El pendrive es de 16 gb.
Lo he intentado tanto en NTFS como FAT32.
Tengo dos problemas, con grabación y timeshift.

1.-Programo una grabación, tal día a tal hora, como la primera vez no lo grabó, hoy he probado.
Indico canal, que es solo una vez, hora de inicio, duración (para las pruebas le pongo 2 o 5 minutos) selecciono grabar y salvo.
Llegada la hora, efectivamente, 15 segundos antes (estoy en otro canal) me indica que, en 15 segundos va a cambiarse de canal, no toco nada, se cambia solo, y justo en el momento de cambiar de canal aparece un mensaje que indica: "No Disponible", pero sigue en el canal, y pasado el tiempo de grabación, 15 segundos antes me informa va a volver al canal inicial y así lo hace.
Voy a PVR y no hay nada grabado.

2.-Opción Timeshift: Esta habilitado en la configuración del menú, visionando cualquier canal, puslo la tecla de Play/Pause, efectivamente se pausa la imagen, pero no tengo opción de, pasado un tiempo, reanudar, solamente puedo pulsar Stop y salir, por lo que vuelve al "directo".
Instalado último firmware bajado de este mismo foro.

Gracias y un saludo.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi.
A few weeks ago I have this deco, very good by the way.
I have inserted a pendrive, I updated the firmware and loaded channel list.
The pendrive is 16 gb.
I have tried both NTFS and FAT32.
I have two problems, with recording and timeshift.

1.-I schedule a recording, such day at such time, as the first time I did not record it, today I tried.
I indicate channel, which is only once, start time, duration (for tests I put 2 or 5 minutes) I select record and save.
When the time comes, indeed, 15 seconds before (I'm on another channel), it indicates that in 15 seconds it will change the channel, I don't play anything, it changes alone, and just at the moment of changing the channel a message appears indicating : "Not Available", but it is still on the channel, and after the recording time has elapsed, 15 seconds before it informs me it will return to the initial channel and it does so.
I go to PVR and there is nothing recorded.

2.-Timeshift option: It is enabled in the menu configuration, watching any channel, I press the Play / Pause key, the image is paused, but I have no option, after a while, resume, I can only press Stop and exit , so he returns to the "live".
Installed latest firmware downloaded from this same forum.

Thanks and regards!
Last edited by wonder on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wonder

Re: No puedo grabar / I can't record (V8 Nova Orange)

Post by wonder »

Hi,
Anybody have the problem, or its possible a issue in my gtmedia?
Thanks and regards!

A nadie le sucede, puede ser un defecto de mi gtmedia?
Gracias y un saludo!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I think it will record if you leave the unit on the channel you want to record.
Also watch out for channels that have a different time than normal time. If you go away from that channel after setting the record and the normal time is after the different time, the record set is deleted.
Again leave the unit on the channel you want to record.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

wonder

Post by wonder »

I apologize for the late reply, I have been doing some tests and when I have finished them, I make the answer.
Indeed, to make the recording must be on the channel we want to record.
We have 2 options:
1.- Leave the gtmedia on the channel we want to record (with the recording schedule).
2.-Make 2 schedules, one that changes to that channel a few minutes before (duration a few minutes before the event and up to a few minutes after the event we want to record) using the "Warning" programming option.
So far everything is right.

Problem detected for recording:
If we record anything that exceeds the initial file generated by the 4GB recording, we have a serious problem:
The gtmedia generates a second file with the name xxxxxx_2 (where the xxx are the same name as the first). This would be fine if I continued recording, I understand and deduce that gtmedia does not make files larger than 4GB, but once it generates the second file, it stops recording, that second file never exceeds 387 KB and the maximum I have seen has been 1,86MB.

I have scheduled recordings of more than 2 hours, none have recorded it well, it usually reaches about 1 hour and 33 minutes.
That is the time it takes for the first generated file to reach 4GB.
Once it reaches 4GB it creates that second file ending in _2, but stop recording.
So we can NEVER make a recording larger than 4GB (which is usually 1 hour and about 30 minutes or so).

My usb is formatted in NTFS so it supports much larger files. I have made many recordings to prove this, and in all of them the exact same thing happens.
I can never record any event that requires more than 4GB.

Any possible solution or is it a bug of / my gtmedia?

Thanks and regards.

Diaz9714

Post by Diaz9714 »

Thanks, I appreciate your answer
I´ll try

wonder

Post by wonder »

Diaz9714 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:06 pm
Thanks, I appreciate your answer
I´ll try
Sorry, I don't understand very well you post.
In my last post I indicate that, yes, record when you have the gtmedia in the channel, but can't record any that have more than 4GB in the usb pen.
When create a second file of the same record, stop the record...
I don't know its a but or its my gtmedia?

Regards.

pitagoras

Post by pitagoras »

A mi me sucede lo mismo: no puedo grabar nada que ocupe mas de 4 Gb.
Por ejemplo , no puedo grabar un partido de futbol completo.
Espero que esto se pueda corregir en un nuevo firmware.

wonder

Post by wonder »

pitagoras wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:54 pm
A mi me sucede lo mismo: no puedo grabar nada que ocupe mas de 4 Gb.
Por ejemplo , no puedo grabar un partido de futbol completo.
Espero que esto se pueda corregir en un nuevo firmware.
Entiendo entonces, que no es un bug de mi gtmedia, sino que es un "tema / fallo" del propio gtmedia.
Esperemos puedan arreglarlo en actualización de firmware.

Saludos.

ELecTroToRReS

Post by ELecTroToRReS »

wonder wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:52 am
I apologize for the late reply, I have been doing some tests and when I have finished them, I make the answer.
We have 2 options:
1.- Leave the gtmedia on the channel we want to record (with the recording schedule).
2.-Make 2 schedules, one that changes to that channel a few minutes before (duration a few minutes before the event and up to a few minutes after the event we want to record) using the "Warning" programming option.

If we record anything that exceeds the initial file generated by the 4GB recording, we have a serious problem:
The gtmedia generates a second file with the name xxxxxx_2 (where the xxx are the same name as the first). This would be fine if I continued recording, I understand and deduce that gtmedia does not make files larger than 4GB, but once it generates the second file, it stops recording, that second file never exceeds 387 KB and the maximum I have seen has been 1,86MB.

I have scheduled recordings of more than 2 hours, none have recorded it well, it usually reaches about 1 hour and 33 minutes.
Once it reaches 4GB it creates that second file ending in _2, but stop recording.
So we can NEVER make a recording larger than 4GB (which is usually 1 hour and about 30 minutes or so).

My usb is formatted in NTFS so it supports much larger files. I have made many recordings to prove this, and in all of them the exact same thing happens.

Thanks and regards.
Has probado con uno de 32GB para grabaciones de larga duracion, como una pelicula de mas de 2 horas? y si apagas el time-shift y borras su correspondiente archivo.. el dispositivo le ha dado el formato el GTMedia?
Atte!
Francisco Torres™
===============

GTMedia™ V8 Nova Orange
GTMedia™ V8X
GTMedia™ V9 Prime
HW Versión:V actualizada
SW Versión:V actualizada
Recibiendo Señal Satelital de Astra 19.2e

wonder

Post by wonder »

ELecTroToRReS wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:05 am
Has probado con uno de 32GB para grabaciones de larga duracion, como una pelicula de mas de 2 horas? y si apagas el time-shift y borras su correspondiente archivo.. el dispositivo le ha dado el formato el GTMedia?
Correcto todo.
He probado con un usb de 32 GB, mismo problema.
He apagado time-shift y eliminado archivo generado, mismo problema.
He dado formato al usb con el GTMedia, mismo problema.

Saludos.

rafaliyo86

Re: No puedo grabar / I can't record (V8 Nova Orange) more than 4GB

Post by rafaliyo86 »

No es un fallo, a un familiar mío le pasaba lo mio probamos varios formatos como habéis comentado y nada. Lo dejamos por imposible

ELecTroToRReS

Post by ELecTroToRReS »

Salu2,
Algun compañero que pueda confirmar que ha podido hacer grabaciones de mas de 2 horas en el GTMedia V8 Nova Orange con el último firmware y de no ser con este último con cual lo ha conseguido?? Gracias!!
@wonder compa.. hace ya tiempo que no he necesitado grabar en el cacharro, dame un tiempo y comentaré aquí mi experiencia cuando lo intente con una grabación de mas de 2 horas.
Suerte.

PD: Es posible que si una grabacion que pese mas de 4GB y esta la cataloga en varios archivos de no mas de 4GB renombrados ejemplo (****001,***002) por ahi este el problema, debemos saber si el cacharro puede guardar la grabacion por larga que esta sea en un solo archivo y de ser así debería estar la unidad USB que usemos para dicha grabación con un formato de partición NTFS y siempre una sola primaria.
Atte!
Francisco Torres™
===============

GTMedia™ V8 Nova Orange
GTMedia™ V8X
GTMedia™ V9 Prime
HW Versión:V actualizada
SW Versión:V actualizada
Recibiendo Señal Satelital de Astra 19.2e

redek77

Post by redek77 »

I confirm the recording problem. I tried with FAT32 and NTFS. Recording turns off after about an hour. The decoder creates two files. Unable to play.

wonder

Post by wonder »

@ElecTroToRReS;
Como dice @redek77 he probado tanto en FAT32 como en NTFS, en ambos me sucede lo mismo.
El GTMedia da formato en FAT32, pero he formateado mi usb pen a NTFS y sucede exactamente lo mismo.

Genera 2 archivos (acabados en 001, 002...), pero el segundo archivo no tiene contenido ni tamaño, solo unos pocos Kb.

No es a las 2 horas, es cuando el archivo inicial alcanza los 4GB de tamaño, que suele ser al cabo de hora y media más o menos.

Saludos!

Zorin

Post by Zorin »

wonder wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:52 am
We have 2 options:

Thanks and regards.
Hello there

unfortunately I can't help you or offer a possible solution (because I don't have one), but I can at least confirm the problems you've described here. My brand new V8 Nova Blue with the latest firmware shows exactly the same behaviour when using the pvr-functions. Very weird, never had such annoying issues with any of my satellite-receivers before.

First: It shouldn't be necessary to
- leave the receiver on for scheduled timer-recordings and/or
- switch to the channel you want to record before the timer starts and/or
- create a second timer to make sure that the timer-recording even starts

I've never seen such let's say "workarounds" necessary on any other satreceiver I've owned before. A timer-recording should be a straightforward thing to do. EPG - Set Timer - done. Works that way on about pretty much every other box that comes with a pvr-ready feature and the Nova V8 should offer the same ease of operation.

Second: The bigger issue though is that the Nova V8 records only up to 4GB. I have the same problem here and I'm using an NTFS-formatted 2TB-harddisk. I would like to record german/austrian/swiss TV-channels. They are mostly in HD these days and that means I can't even record a complete move because in HD they are somewhere between 6-12GB mostly. The Nova V8 is advertised as PVR-ready and not PVR-ready up to 4GB. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible because it makes the satreceiver pretty much useless for anybody who wants to use it for recordings of TV-channels.

It's quite a nice receiver with some very useful features. An easy to use GUI, the tuner seems quite sensitive, a good mediaplayer for all kind of formats & the box is mostly stable, fast & responsive. Unfortunately timers, recordings and pvr-functions are a big, big mess (pointless to use in most cases at least at the moment) and full of some serious bugs. I really hope the next firmware-releases will fix them, otherwise I might very soon regret buying the Nova V8 blue...

@wonder: I'm afraid it is not only your GTMedia, seems to me the recording issues are some serious general bugs of all Nova V8.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day!

wonder

Post by wonder »

Zorin wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:02 pm
Hello there

unfortunately I can't help you or offer a possible solution (because I don't have one), but I can at least confirm the problems you've described here. My brand new V8 Nova Blue with the latest firmware shows exactly the same behaviour when using the pvr-functions. Very weird, never had such annoying issues with any of my satellite-receivers before.

First: It shouldn't be necessary to
- leave the receiver on for scheduled timer-recordings and/or
- switch to the channel you want to record before the timer starts and/or
- create a second timer to make sure that the timer-recording even starts

I've never seen such let's say "workarounds" necessary on any other satreceiver I've owned before. A timer-recording should be a straightforward thing to do. EPG - Set Timer - done. Works that way on about pretty much every other box that comes with a pvr-ready feature and the Nova V8 should offer the same ease of operation.

Second: The bigger issue though is that the Nova V8 records only up to 4GB. I have the same problem here and I'm using an NTFS-formatted 2TB-harddisk. I would like to record german/austrian/swiss TV-channels. They are mostly in HD these days and that means I can't even record a complete move because in HD they are somewhere between 6-12GB mostly. The Nova V8 is advertised as PVR-ready and not PVR-ready up to 4GB. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible because it makes the satreceiver pretty much useless for anybody who wants to use it for recordings of TV-channels.

It's quite a nice receiver with some very useful features. An easy to use GUI, the tuner seems quite sensitive, a good mediaplayer for all kind of formats & the box is mostly stable, fast & responsive. Unfortunately timers, recordings and pvr-functions are a big, big mess (pointless to use in most cases at least at the moment) and full of some serious bugs. I really hope the next firmware-releases will fix them, otherwise I might very soon regret buying the Nova V8 blue...

@wonder: I'm afraid it is not only your GTMedia, seems to me the recording issues are some serious general bugs of all Nova V8.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day!
Hi,
Sorry for the delay un reply.

Yes, you have reasson in all, I can't add anything else because you have described it very well.

PVR function, something simple in any receiver, does not work in GTMedia, apart from the aforementioned, does not create files larger than 4gb, or failing that, the second file you create is not created correctly and therefore, the recording is not makes.

I don't know if they plan to fix it with any firmware, but it's a shame that this happens ... schedule recordings for me is something basic and important.
Not everything is "live football", there are also films or chapters of children's channels (for example), I consider the recording to be very basic ...

Have a nice day @Zorin!!

Zorin

Post by Zorin »

Hello there

and thanks a lot for your feedback! Good to know that I'm not the only one who sees the described issues as serious bugs. ;)
Unfortunately it looks like not many users seem to care much about the timer & recording-feature...

Meanwhile another firmware-update was released (26/11/2019), but nothing was fixed regarding the recording-issues. I don't know if a post here also counts as "bugreport" and if the developers even see and notice them. Yes, I also hope this problems will be fixed and yes, it would be nice to get at least some sort of feedback like:

- Yes, we know about the problems - they will be fixed
- Yes, we are working on it, but it may take some time

...whatever, just to know if there's some hope and if it makes even sense to wait for a bugfix... ;-)

The handful recordings below 4GB worked fine with no issues at all. Sorry about the quality of the screenshots. They were taken with an old USB-Videograbber and this device only works in 4:3. Nonetheless an example and some mediainfo-output:
001.jpg
001.jpg (92.82 KiB) Viewed 6467 times

Code: Select all

Complete name                            : /run/media/gerhard/MEDIA/PVRS/kabel eins Doku-2019-12-06 16-43-20.ts
Format                                   : MPEG-TS
File size                                : 3.67 GiB
Duration                                 : 2 h 0 min
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 4 349 kb/s
Perfectly recorded, 2hrs - 3,67GB, correctly listed under "Record". No issues at all, can be played fine with the Nova V8, No problems transfering it to the PC. Nice detail: If the channel is unencrypted and provides a second audiotrack, the Nova V8 records them too.

.. and now the same test with a high bitrate HD-channel. As you can see the V8 stopped recording after the first 3,99GB-file was created. Recording time should have also been 2hrs, but after 42mins and a few seconds it was Game over. The recording-sign showed on the screen for the full two hours. It created also two entries for just one recording and that can't be correct too:
002.jpg
002.jpg (77.61 KiB) Viewed 6467 times
Every recording above 4GB is completely messed up, corrupted/damaged/incomplete (whatever you wanna call it). In many tryouts the Nova V8 even struggles to play the first 3,99GB of such a failed recording. These recordings are quite effectively ruined and there's pretty much nothing you can do about. Even Cypheros TS-Doctor gives up on them. Often they can not be deleted with V8. You click yes - delete and the file shows up over and over again under "Record". Another annoyance. There are a lot of things to fix and I really hope we will see some real improvements with the next firmware releases. Timers and recordings have to work reliably, that's what "PVR ready" suggests for most buyers.

Please deliver on your promises and don't let your customers who rely on the timer & recording-function of the Nova V8 "standing in the rain" for too long. Always remember: Good quality & support will make your customers happy and happy customers come back very often, the disappointed ones not so much...

Hope for some good news! Thank you for your time and have a nice evening!

PS: If I can do anything to help with the "bugfixing" of this issue, then please let me know.

redek77

Post by redek77 »

New firmware, old problem with record. This is pathetic.

wonder

Post by wonder »

Zorin wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:53 pm
Hello there

and thanks a lot for your feedback! Good to know that I'm not the only one who sees the described issues as serious bugs. ;)
Unfortunately it looks like not many users seem to care much about the timer & recording-feature...

Meanwhile another firmware-update was released (26/11/2019), but nothing was fixed regarding the recording-issues. I don't know if a post here also counts as "bugreport" and if the developers even see and notice them. Yes, I also hope this problems will be fixed and yes, it would be nice to get at least some sort of feedback like:

- Yes, we know about the problems - they will be fixed
- Yes, we are working on it, but it may take some time

...whatever, just to know if there's some hope and if it makes even sense to wait for a bugfix... ;-)

The handful recordings below 4GB worked fine with no issues at all. Sorry about the quality of the screenshots. They were taken with an old USB-Videograbber and this device only works in 4:3. Nonetheless an example and some mediainfo-output:

001.jpg

Code: Select all

Complete name                            : /run/media/gerhard/MEDIA/PVRS/kabel eins Doku-2019-12-06 16-43-20.ts
Format                                   : MPEG-TS
File size                                : 3.67 GiB
Duration                                 : 2 h 0 min
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 4 349 kb/s
Perfectly recorded, 2hrs - 3,67GB, correctly listed under "Record". No issues at all, can be played fine with the Nova V8, No problems transfering it to the PC. Nice detail: If the channel is unencrypted and provides a second audiotrack, the Nova V8 records them too.

.. and now the same test with a high bitrate HD-channel. As you can see the V8 stopped recording after the first 3,99GB-file was created. Recording time should have also been 2hrs, but after 42mins and a few seconds it was Game over. The recording-sign showed on the screen for the full two hours. It created also two entries for just one recording and that can't be correct too:

002.jpg

Every recording above 4GB is completely messed up, corrupted/damaged/incomplete (whatever you wanna call it). In many tryouts the Nova V8 even struggles to play the first 3,99GB of such a failed recording. These recordings are quite effectively ruined and there's pretty much nothing you can do about. Even Cypheros TS-Doctor gives up on them. Often they can not be deleted with V8. You click yes - delete and the file shows up over and over again under "Record". Another annoyance. There are a lot of things to fix and I really hope we will see some real improvements with the next firmware releases. Timers and recordings have to work reliably, that's what "PVR ready" suggests for most buyers.

Please deliver on your promises and don't let your customers who rely on the timer & recording-function of the Nova V8 "standing in the rain" for too long. Always remember: Good quality & support will make your customers happy and happy customers come back very often, the disappointed ones not so much...

Hope for some good news! Thank you for your time and have a nice evening!

PS: If I can do anything to help with the "bugfixing" of this issue, then please let me know.
As in your previous post, you have described it very well, you can not add more, because it is perfectly explained.
One of the main functions of any decoder (main function, or rather, basic) is the recording. It doesn't work here ...

This decoder, in its quality / price ratio would be amazing if recording worked ...

I was unaware of this problem, if I had known, I would have easily acquired another.

I saw the new firmware, I did not install it, I already saw in the corrections log, which does not refer to the recording ...

Anyway....

PEPONEZ

Post by PEPONEZ »

Buenos dias, estoy interesado en comprar el V8 pero es primordial que haga bien las grabaciones, en caso contrario me decantaria por otro.
esta ya solucionado este problema de las grabaciones?

Zorin

Post by Zorin »

@ PEPONEZ

Hello there,

sorry to answer in englisch, but my spanish language skills are very, very limited to say the least ;-)
I understand some words when reading them, but writing is quite another story...

The problem of the recordings is NOT solved. Meanwhile I found out that the V7S I also bought with the Nova has exactly the same problem with recordings as the V8. About two weeks ago I sent an email to service Winsat with a list of the bugs I primarily found on the V8. The issues with recordings & unreliable timers on top of it, the erratic, almost never instantly working, but forgetting instantly "Now & Next" in the infobar made second place. I've added a hopeful "looking forward to your reply" at the end of the email.

Almost as expected I received absolutely no feedback: No answer, no questions, no further queries from them. I'd say ignoring your customers is not a nice way and of course - I checked the spam-folder. Maybe the next firmware will fix some bugs, maybe not. At the moment and with recent firmwares recordings above filesizes of 4GB don't work. Perhaps it works with older firmwares, I haven't tested this option yet, but I'll definitely do it the next weeks if they don't fix the described, very annoying 4GB-recording-bug that ruins 75% of the recordings.

My personal suggestion to you would be: If reliable recordings are indeed very important, then wait till this issue is finally solved. At the moment it is not and I guess most of us don't even know if they are working on it or at least planing to fix this issue.

..and of course not getting any answers doesn't make the process easier...

wonder

Post by wonder »

PEPONEZ wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:46 am
Buenos dias, estoy interesado en comprar el V8 pero es primordial que haga bien las grabaciones, en caso contrario me decantaria por otro.
esta ya solucionado este problema de las grabaciones?
Aunque @Zorin respondió muy bien, en inglés que se puede usar translator :) viene a decir lo que sabemos, NO esta solucionado y por el momento no hay ninguna información de que vayan a solucionarlo.
Informa que contactó con sat, no ha obtenido respuesta.
Si para ti es importante este tema, por lo pronto no esta solucionado y al no tener noticias.....
Ni grabaciones ni timeshift funciona (funciones PVR).

Cualquier info adicional, no dudes en responder.

Saludos.

Zorin

Post by Zorin »

Meanwhile I managed to find some time during the christmas holidays to check out an older firmware for the Nova V8 blue. Well, I have to say I'm not very impressed, with the firmware from 06/2019. The bugs are quite exactly the same as with latest firmware. Now & next in the infobar pretty much never works (interestingly this feature works perfectly on the V7S and almost every other satellite receiver I've ever seen). It always shows "no info" on Astra 19.2E-channels with standard-EPG. You have to press info a second time and then finally the infobar shows now & next. Even if you switch back to the channel you watched just 5 seconds ago it shows "no info" again. When now and next is shown instantly, then it shows the wrong info from another channel. Over time that got extremely annoying...

It's the same with the firmware from june as with the last firmware from november 2019. SAT2IP doesn't work too and now the interesting part (at least for me):

- The 4GB-recording bug is also present in the firmware from 06/2019

That means this bug exists at least since half a year (!!!) and there has never been a bugfix that fixed this issue. Six months where nothing happened and I guess it is very likely that freesat.cc received quite an amount of bug reports about this issue. One of them was from me and in my case they could no even be bothered to give an answer. Way to go!

The technical datasheet on freesat.cc lists among other things:
- SAT to IP &
- PVR ready
So do most sellers on various websites, although it should be known by now that both features don't work or at least don't work as they should. What is left of the so called PVR ready-funktion is at the moment heavily broken. Since it seems that nothing has been done to improve this in the the last six months, I have my doubts that something will happen anytime soon.

Tmer-recordings on the Nova V8 blue seem to be a game of pure luck. I've made 14 timer-recordings on the V8 the last days. 5 out of 14 failed completely for no apparent reason. The V8 stayed in standby, didn't turn on and didn't record. The others were fine as long as the filesize stayed below 4GB. The V8 doesn't turn off after a timer-recording when the device was in standby before. Jumps don't work in recordings, resume-function doesn't work in recordings. Both features work fine when using the mediaplayer. The time intervall is not saved permanently when for example set to 5 minutes. After power off it is always back to the 1 minute intervall.

Quite a lot of bugs I have to say. The 4GB recording bug and the unreliable timers are the more heavy ones and there has been no improvement for the better in half a year. The Nova V8 definitely would have lots of potential. Very good videoquality, an outstanding mediaplayer, an easy to use clean & simple gui. On the other side there are some serious bugs and apparently imho a company that doesn't care much to fix them.

I don't wanna wait for months till this issues get solved (if ever). They are real dealbreakers for me and if I had known about these satellite receivers what I know today, I wouldn't have bought them. I'll keep the V7S HD because it is a nice, fast litte receiver for just watching TV and good enough for the fourth TV in the house (the 4GB-recording bug exists also on the V7S). The V8 will end up as a gift for a charity auction or something like that and the chapter GTMedia will soon be closed for me...

PEPONEZ

Post by PEPONEZ »

sabeis si el V9 tiene el mismo problema con las grabaciones.
que otros modelos podeis recomendar que no tengan estos problemas y sobre este precio (50 €)

shayyy

Post by shayyy »

i have just got thios receiver, if i would have known the issue with the recordings i would have got another brand... i don't understant why they take so long to fix, it should just be a software update...

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”