V8 Pro2 Blind Scan Stuck...

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

bwe

V8 Pro2 Blind Scan Stuck...

Post by bwe »

Hello guys,

I have the latest October firmware, and the blind scan is getting stuck on 91w V Ku band. I'm going to be keeping an eye on this. Is anybody else noticing the blind scan getting stuck?

It's getting stuck on TP 11912 V 2000. My guess, is the STB is making endless duplicates of this TP. Anybody else having problems with blind scan/October firmware?

Edit: I reinstalled Sept. 12 firmware. Same problem. 91w V Ku band is getting stuck on TP 11912 V 2000 during blind scan. I reinstalled October firmware again.

I recently move my 1.8 meter dish over to 91w. It's a bigger dish, and picks up more signals than my smaller dishes. I'm thinking 11912 V 2000 is some kind of data feed, and the receiver is creating endless duplicates, and getting stuck. This is kind of frustrating. 91w H is blind scanning okay.

Edit #2: 11912 V 2000 is radio stations, according to Lyngsat. I'm always use the TV only mode when blind scanning, but everything is still getting stuck at this TP. I've let it sit for over 20 minutes, and nothing.

Edit #3: Using SmartDVB, I just confirmed 11912 V 2000 are a bunch of radio stations. SmartDVB had no issues with the blind scan on 91w V. I think I read somewhere here how the V8 Pro2 had problems with some radio stations. The only issue I have is that I always use "TV Only" mode when blind scanning. I hope the developers here read this post, and maybe come up with a firmware solution. I'll be doing my own observations and testing with this problem, and maybe I can come up with solution.

BWE :D
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8 Pro2 Blind Scan Stuck...

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi BWE

there have been issues like this.
My local Intelsat19@166e did this.
The software update two back fixed this, and for some other sats.

I think the unit is seeing some data from a channel as the end code for the user file.
My sat would blind scan ok on an old copy of the sat that already had the channel in the file.
A new sat blind scan crashed.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bwe

Post by bwe »

Hello Owen,

Thank you for the information. I've already made a two minute .ts recording of this TP (91w 11912 V 2000) via my computer. If there are any developers or technicians reading this post, I can send it to you via USB thumb drive, or internet. Maybe, you can analyze it, and this will help in correcting the issue in future firmware updates. Just reach out to me, and let me know.

I'll go ahead, and try reinstalling firmware "two back", and see if that helps. It not too critical. It's more aggravating than anything.

Take care,
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I wonder if you can use the editor to add the channels that it stops on using the data from sites like lyngsat.com?
With the channel that looks like the end code in the middle of the user file it should scan and not stop.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bwe

Post by bwe »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:48 pm
I wonder if you can use the editor to add the channels that it stops on using the data from sites like lyngsat.com?
With the channel that looks like the end code in the middle of the user file it should scan and not stop.

Owen
Sounds like a good idea. Which "editor" are you referring too? Do you mean the editor in the satellite list? Thanks. :D

I tried going into the TP list editor, and entered the Frequency/Polarity/SR from Lyngsat, and I had the same problem. Scan is still getting stuck.

The blind scan on 91w KU V, scans in 11912 V 1999. Lyngsat lists it as 11913 V 2000. I did an edit in the TP list, and STB is still getting stuck. There is plenty of signal. STB showing 80% Quality and 87% Intensity.

I have computer slaved to V8 Pro2, and I blind scan this TP using Smart DVB with no problem. This is the solution that I use for the moment, until a firmware fix. I've seen this problem in other STB's, and it seems a firmware fix usually corrects it. I think your observation is spot on, Owen. Thanks for the help my friend.

FYI, this Satellite and TP (91w 11913 V 2000) is the only blind scan/manual scan problem across my visible arc, C and Ku, that I'm aware of to date. (Visible arc here is 43w to 133w)

I've thought about reinstalling older versions of firmware, but since this problem is isolated to one TP and satellite, I'll just wait for next firmware fix.

Edit: I entered Audio PID and PCR PID for one of the radio channels (data from Smart DVB), and scan is still getting stuck.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

You may have to have all the details like the SID as well.
Try copying another TP info and then change all the details like Freq, SR and then change the radio channels that you copied over to the SID PID APID etc for the channel that it stops on.
These units auto update channel data based on the SID, so the channel you set up with just the apid / pid would be corrected back to the data to match the SID it had.

That is why when the providers change a channel name, but uses the same SID, the channel stays where it was in your lists, but if it is a new channel with a new SID it will appear at the end of the user data file.

Owen

bwe

Post by bwe »

I'll give it a try. The only problem is the V8 Pro2 is not scanning any radio channels. While blind scanning, it stops on the radio TP 11912 V 1999, without scanning any channels. It gets stuck on the last TP, 11912 V 1999, without any channels loading into the radio list. I've tried TV only, Radio only, TV + Radio, Full scan, Network scan...nothing.

I'll let you know how it goes.

moltar

Post by moltar »

I have exactly the same issue at the same spot. I wonder if it has to do with the very low symbol rate on that transponder.
My other receivers scan thru just fine.

ead

Post by ead »

bwe wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:04 pm

It's getting stuck on TP 11912 V 2000. My guess, is the STB is making endless duplicates of this TP. Anybody else having problems with blind scan/October firmware?

Edit: I reinstalled Sept. 12 firmware. Same problem. 91w V Ku band is getting stuck on TP 11912 V 2000 during blind scan. I reinstalled October firmware again.
I have the exact same problem on my V8 Super. I can edit the TP to 11912 V 2001 and it will scan with no channels found. But this does not help a blind scan as it just reverts back to 11912 V 2000 on a blind scan.
10 foot mesh dish, ASC1 positioner, V8 super

bwe

Post by bwe »

ead wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:44 pm
bwe wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:04 pm

I have the exact same problem on my V8 Super. I can edit the TP to 11912 V 2001 and it will scan with no channels found. But this does not help a blind scan as it just reverts back to 11912 V 2000 on a blind scan.
The same exact thing is happening to me when I edit the TP parameters. I don't know what to do except wait for new firmware to possibly fix this problem. My computer is slaved to receiver, so I blind scan with the computer. With me, the problem happens on 105w and 99w too. I hope GT Media gets this corrected soon.

Thanks for the info,

bwe

Post by bwe »

Hello guys,

I'm posting again, so this thread doesn't get forgotten and lost among the other threads. I'm hoping the developers have seen this problem, and are working on firmware solution to correct it.

I just had my V8 Nova Orange delivered, and I set it up, and the same problem on 91w 11912 V 2000 is happening. The blind scan is getting stuck on this TP. So, the blind scan stuck issue, at least on my end here, seems to be a V8 series issue, and not isolated to a particular model.

It's not a huge problem, because I can still blind scan 91w V via a slaved computer. It's just a little annoying, and I hope it gets corrected soon.

I can make a recording of TP 11912 V 2000 on a flash drive and send it to a physical address in China if you want. That way maybe you can analyze it. Galaxy 17/91w is not visible in China. If any developer reading this thread wants a copy, and think it might be helpful just let me know. How long of a recording? Mailing address? My internet connection is too slow for uploading to a host server. Just let me know.

Take care,

bwe

Post by bwe »

Hello,

I really can't believe it. I bought the V7 Plus, hoping it would blind scan 91V Ku, without any issues, and it too is getting stuck. You guessed it, TP 11912 V 2000 is the one it is getting stuck on. I'm totally confused with this issue. If it were any other satellite, it wouldn't be so inconvenient. However, 91w Ku is well known for networks to uplink their wildfeeds and backhauls. I'll sometimes blind scan this bird several times in a day.

BWE

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

As I have said before I think the issue is the end code in the channel list inside the units.
A part of the channel code from your sat is being mistaken for the end code.
I had the same issue here with one of my local sats a couple of versions back.

What I did note was that if the channel that causes this is already scanned in on that sat, a new blind scan of the sat does not get stuck.
This will be because the true end code is further away down the file.

With this in mind, you could use the editor to add the channel it gets stuck on using data for the sat /channel from lyngsat dot com.
this may fix it for you.
My sat stuck on radio channel 17, so it maybe radio channel 17 or 18 that is the issue.

Owen

bwe

Post by bwe »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:38 am
As I have said before I think the issue is the end code in the channel list inside the units.
A part of the channel code from your sat is being mistaken for the end code.
I had the same issue here with one of my local sats a couple of versions back.

What I did note was that if the channel that causes this is already scanned in on that sat, a new blind scan of the sat does not get stuck.
This will be because the true end code is further away down the file.

With this in mind, you could use the editor to add the channel it gets stuck on using data for the sat /channel from lyngsat dot com.
this may fix it for you.
My sat stuck on radio channel 17, so it maybe radio channel 17 or 18 that is the issue.

Owen
Thanks. I'm sorry if it sounds dumb, but where is the editor? Do you mean manually adding the PID/SID, and then scan? I really do appreciate all of your help, my friend.

Edit: Using Audio PID and PCR data, I still get no channels to scan into the channel list. It gets stuck on every edited channel scan. I can't get any of the channels to scan into the list. There are 26 radio channels total here. I did a manual scan for each channel, using the APID and PCR information, and it is still getting stuck. Thanks for your help.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you see it stuck on a channel, one of your radio channels by what you said, then what I was suggesting was to edit the file on the editor to have all the radio channels on the list.
To do this you would copy a set of TP info from another TP and then change the details, Freq / SR etc and then set the radio channels for the SID's APID's for the channels it gets stuck on, using info from the likes of lyngsat dot com.
This will then have the full set of info of the TP that gets stuck, so the system should not try to add them to the list, making it crash again.

I would hope Freesat will make another change like they did not long ago to fix this.

Maybe email their service email with the Sat and TP details so they can look at the data for that sat / tp.

Owen

bwe

Post by bwe »

Hello my friend,

What is this "editor" you are referring? Where is this "editor"? How do I access this "editor"? I not sure what you mean, and I want to try your possible solution, and I don't know if what I did earlier was correct. I was using the TP scan, and inputting the PID/APID. I was still getting stuck. No channels at all scanned. It simply got stuck/crashed on the TP 11912 V 2000.

The V8 Pro2 with the new November firmware is still getting stuck on Galaxy 17 Ku.

Thanks,
BWE

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The editors are on the download page / tools. There are two, one for the V9 / Finder-meter and the other for the V7 V8 units.

I see that there are a set of four radio channels (abc) on 12011 V 13333.
I would scan that in and save the user data file and change the TP info from 12011 V 13333 to the TP that gets stuck, 11913 V 2000? and then change the sid / apids to match those listed on lyngsat for the 11913 TP.
Save the file and reload it into your unit.
I assume that when you say it gets stuck on this TP that you see 1, 2 or 3 of those 4 radio channels scan in and then it gets stuck.

Owen

bwe

Post by bwe »

Hello guys,

Well, I installed the new Feb. 2020 firmware hoping it would solve the blind scan stuck issue. But the receiver is still getting stuck on blind scan with 91w/Galaxy 17 KU TP 11912 V 2000. This TP is for radio channels. No radio channels scan into the list on radio scan. It gets stuck on all modes: Radio only, Radio/TV, TV only, blind scan or manual scan. To my disappointment, nothing has changed.

BWE :roll:
Last edited by bwe on Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bwe

Post by bwe »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:00 pm
The editors are on the download page / tools. There are two, one for the V9 / Finder-meter and the other for the V7 V8 units.

I see that there are a set of four radio channels (abc) on 12011 V 13333.
I would scan that in and save the user data file and change the TP info from 12011 V 13333 to the TP that gets stuck, 11913 V 2000? and then change the sid / apids to match those listed on lyngsat for the 11913 TP.
Save the file and reload it into your unit.
I assume that when you say it gets stuck on this TP that you see 1, 2 or 3 of those 4 radio channels scan in and then it gets stuck.

Owen
None of the radio channels are populating in the channels list. The blind scan starts on the vertical polarities and runs normally, until it reaches 11912 V 2000, and gets stuck. No channels populate into the list. Channels populate for the other vertical TPs, but when it reaches 11912 V, it gets stuck. It just sits there stuck, until I manually terminate the search.

All of my GT Media receivers are getting stuck on this satellite and TP. Thanks. :D

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

This has happened before with many sats.
I had it with Isat19@166e.
What I think is happening is that some data of that TP looks like the end code for the user file as saved in the unit.
I could blind scan an old copy of the sat that already had the channel data in it, but a new copy of the sat would get stuck.

Try using the channel editor and change another TP with radio channels to the frequency and SR for the one you get stuck on.
Also change the SIDs for the radio channels.
This may fool the unit into thinking the TP / channels are in the middle of the list and it will add to those instead of making new data at the end of the file.
Remember to delete any other copy of that same TP.

I think Freesat have made fixes for this before by changing the end code format and then another channel comes along that looks like that new end code.

My old Skybox would list one channel in ALL the lists, fav and sat every time I scanned that sat.

Try sending Freesat service email the TP details so they can sort it.

Owen

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Just a bump on this thread...Anybody need a TS file so we can get this blindscan problem fixed?..Also along with Galaxy 17 Ku there is another sat that this happens on..SES 11...I`m game to get it done...Let me know how to help. :)

bwe

Post by bwe »

ZOO wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:19 am
Just a bump on this thread...Anybody need a TS file so we can get this blindscan problem fixed?..Also along with Galaxy 17 Ku there is another sat that this happens on..SES 11...I`m game to get it done...Let me know how to help. :)
It happens to me too on C-band 105°W.

bwe

Post by bwe »

Hello guys,

First of all, I hope everybody is staying safe out there!

Just wanted to let you know that the March 2020 firmware update for my Nova Blue seems to have fixed the "Blind Scan Stuck" on 91w Ku band. I have run 3 blind scans in a row on 91w Ku without any problems using my Nova Blue and 90cm offset dish. I don't have my other STBs (Nova Orange, V8 Pro2, V7 Plus) hooked up at the moment. I will update later. Also, I haven't scanned 105w Cband yet. Again, I will update when I get to it. It would be great to hear if anyone else is having blind scan success on 91w Ku and 105w Cband, using the March 2020 firmware update.

Stay safe guys!

tanka

Post by tanka »

All of theme stuck same stuck in diferent tp diferent sattelites I have v8 super stuck before v8orange v8 pro2 same v7s same.Butt I have one Dreamebox same .Scan the rest of the receiver manual and full scan.I update all the box form (portal Eds) very good and the lyngsat.Like that I have no problems.I dont like complain for everything.Because firmware difficulty to be perfect.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

A good work around is to only blind scan for TV CHs, many receivers have this problem, not just freesat.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”