GTmedia V8 Honor, V8 Orange, EPG problem.

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

kiemot

GTmedia V8 Honor, V8 Orange, EPG problem.

Post by kiemot »

Why isn't GTMedia looking to fix the EPG problem on V8 models?
The new software contains a lot of very important patches, e.g. changing the logo and other stupid things? :?:
Maybe it's worth taking care of the real problem which is the lack of properly functioning EPG on V8 Honor and V8 Orange models :idea: :!:

alfredogoncalves

Re: GTmedia V8 Honor, V8 Orange, EPG problem.

Post by alfredogoncalves »

It is true.
The EPG doesn't work at all, which is not nice at all. (V8 Honor)
It's a problem to add to the wifi problem.

rozzimann96

Post by rozzimann96 »

Exactly! I post many times here detail describe of EPG problem, try communicate with admins/developer and still nothing. Now I'm happy when I know I'm not alone with this problem :D

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

I will need to make a stop

EPG in North America has never work since day one for all FTA/PV/Biss Users. We have used to it. This is a cheap box which has the ability to hack pay channels so you can enjoy for a cheap price. please spend some more time watching TV and the programs you love and stop wasting time trying to make it perfect as to the pay services boxes. All the time you spend trying to make the epg or others to work as you required it is time you loose watching your best channels. So this could end anytime, enjoy while it last. You want to have a perfect system then buy your legal provider subscription. Sorry,

kiemot

Post by kiemot »

cpr43 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:16 am
I will need to make a stop

EPG in North America has never work since day one for all FTA/PV/Biss Users. We have used to it. This is a cheap box which has the ability to hack pay channels so you can enjoy for a cheap price. please spend some more time watching TV and the programs you love and stop wasting time trying to make it perfect as to the pay services boxes. All the time you spend trying to make the epg or others to work as you required it is time you loose watching your best channels. So this could end anytime, enjoy while it last. You want to have a perfect system then buy your legal provider subscription. Sorry,

Cpr43, explain to me why you release new software in which you change the startup logos and give the description some bugs have been fixed - but what errors? Is changing the logo so important?
In my opinion, EPG is more important /
Either we do something right or not at all!

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

EPG on most receivers, is NOW / NEXT, that is if the information is sent within the signal that is received by the receiver.
You should be glad for the amount of channels that can be received (hacked) with these receivers.
Remember this is a CAT & MOUSE GAME, we could ALL lose this at any time.
If you want to know what is on (in your area) why not get a LOCAL PAPER which should have the listing of channels in your area.

Den

kiemot

Post by kiemot »

STRETCH wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:51 am
EPG on most receivers, is NOW / NEXT, that is if the information is sent within the signal that is received by the receiver.
You should be glad for the amount of channels that can be received (hacked) with these receivers.
Remember this is a CAT & MOUSE GAME, we could ALL lose this at any time.
If you want to know what is on (in your area) why not get a LOCAL PAPER which should have the listing of channels in your area.

Den
Because I paid for GTMedia equipment and I expect it to work properly :idea:

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Everyone has a different priority on these receivers, problem is some people expect all these things to work perfectly for nearly free ($50.) and they believe it should work for the rest of their lives and will complain even on minor issues !

1. From reading the forum, it seems that most just care about getting as many Satellite channels as possible that has good video and audio quality and it at least fairly stable using keys or CCam, etc.

2. For some they see Iptv as the priority

3. For some its recording movies or sports to watch later

4. For some its the EPG

There is no way GTmedia can satisfy everyone, its impossible for the small number of users and the cheap price to get these GTmedia STB's its impossible to do what the pay services receivers do with their monthly fees.

Personally I use (TV GUIDE) online as my EPG online and its free to use. Just my Opinion, no better or worse than anyones ! :D

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Entiendo que puede ser frustrante cuando usted compra algo y deja de funcionar correctamente o tal vez algunas características no funcionan que dice que funcionan en la caja o direcciones sin embargo todo el mundo aquí está recibiendo una gran cantidad de televisión gratuita por lo poco que están pagando sólo para comprar un $50 Receptor / Deco ................... Algunos Deco son $300-$500 dólares así que podría ser peor mi amigo. ------ no voy a estar en desacuerdo en GTmedia siendo el peor, tengo 3 Deco (misma marca) sentado en sus cajas en un estante porque no funcionan bien y no son productos GTmedia.

Espero que tengas una solución al problema del Deco rápidamente. ¡Buena suerte! :D

Pyrata62

Post by Pyrata62 »

To me is more important the image and sound the EPG is a mere extra for about 40 € is a good machine I do think will be a good thing before upgrading to the file " db_ssdata.bin" be include on the backup of V8 Series like is on the V7 Séries

Pfuetze

Post by Pfuetze »

So why is the EPG on the gtmedia v7s working? You are all talking about watching encrypted channels for free. But when the EPG even on the free channels on the gtmedia 8 and 9 is not working. Then a basic function of these sat receivers is not working.

Zorin

Post by Zorin »

Hello there,

one on the things that work significantly better on the V7S is the now & next in the infobar. You change the channel and you have almost instantly the current & following broadcast available. This info is even available before you have audio & video for the channel. That is a bonus but when using the EPG directly there are some issues too...

EPG works imho ok for most channels on the Nova V8 when using the guide-button. Quite slow compared to other devices, but the correct data is loaded after some time as long as the channels are using the standard-EPG. SKY UK for example uses some sort of proprietary EPG that only works on their own certified devices. With such an EPG all you get on most others receivers is now & next and that is it. Exceptions are Enigma2/Neutrino based receivers which can display the full freesat EPG and others with some plugins.

What personally annoyed me regarding the Nova V8 was that the "Now & Next" in the infobar never works. You change the channel and instead of the current & following broadcast you always get "no info". That doesn't change, you have to wait till the infobar disappears, make it appear again and then finally you get the correct Now & Next info. Even if you switch back to the channel you watched just a second before it shows "no info" again. Even 15 year old devices display now & next instantly. It also works perfectly on the V7S and yes, good question, why not on the Nova V8?

In my opinion the V8 should have more than enough processing power and internal storage to do this much, much better and so I guess it is just another firmware-bug. Quite a lot of heavy bugs, even on basic functions for a long time now. It seems nothing get fixed and the company doesn't answer/reply to emails. Ignoring problems & customers is not a good solution. It is the worst of all because It can ruin the reputation of a company quickly and then it is very difficult to repair the "damage". In such cases it will take a long time till the customers trust the company again and very often it never happens.

Communicate! Give some feedback of what can be done, fix some bugs and show your customers that you care and that something is happening. Let them see some improvement. Fix things and if bugs are not fixable, then please say so. Your customers will forgive you that more easily than the "silent & ignoring-treatment". It probably does more damage than you can imagine...
Last edited by Zorin on Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sierski

Post by sierski »

When the main epg problem will be fixed.
How long can you wait from the Hot Bird 13e satellite epg does not work at all.
This is the main problem that should have been solved a long time ago and no one can or does not want to solve it.

kiemot

Post by kiemot »

The easiest way is to say that when something is cheap, it does not have to work properly and we are now to enjoy watching TV for free.
This is ridiculous!
GTMedia is losing its reputation and this is not just my opinion. :!:

Jacek

Post by Jacek »

13e - ma za małą siłę przebicia. GTMEDIA traktuję HOTBIRD'a jako zło konieczne. Czyli całkowicie olewka. EPG nigdy nie działało i nie będzie działać.

kiemot

Post by kiemot »

Jacek wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:02 pm
13e - ma za małą siłę przebicia. GTMEDIA traktuję HOTBIRD'a jako zło konieczne. Czyli całkowicie olewka. EPG nigdy nie działało i nie będzie działać.
Kilka dni temu dostałem informację, że trwają prace nad usunięciem problemu EPG.
Czas pokaże co z tego wyjdzie.

myone

Post by myone »

You people, who like to make excuses, can you please let it be known what we can expect for our money. If it says it
on the tin, then it should be in the tin. I can see no distinction between the claims that are made on the box that my
V8 orange came in.
This forum is no better. I was led to believe that I would get all the help needed. I browse through the topics and questions most nights. All my problems are there, but the answers are not.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

myone wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:54 pm
You people, who like to make excuses, can you please let it be known what we can expect for our money. If it says it
on the tin, then it should be in the tin. I can see no distinction between the claims that are made on the box that my
V8 orange came in.
This forum is no better. I was led to believe that I would get all the help needed. I browse through the topics and questions most nights. All my problems are there, but the answers are not.
Sounds like you choose a wrong box and nothing it can do will please you. Ask for the 1 year warranty and send back the unit for a credit. Sorry

myone

Post by myone »

Your reply proves what I said. I did not get the wrong box. I did not get adequate instructions. What kind of box do you
have? Have you had any problems? Obviously you are lucky enough to manage on your own.
If you would like to help, please point me in the right direction, so that I can find firmware and instructions for "dummies" that would help me to return my box to its original state.

A show of hands please from everyone who would like the same.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

myone wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:58 pm
Your reply proves what I said. I did not get the wrong box. I did not get adequate instructions. What kind of box do you
have? Have you had any problems? Obviously you are lucky enough to manage on your own.
If you would like to help, please point me in the right direction, so that I can find firmware and instructions for "dummies" that would help me to return my box to its original state.

We can help if you let us. Let me know what model you have? What firmware you need? What other software for your unit youneed? I will make sure you get it. As far as private servers provider such as iks, Cccam, Newcamd etc, there I can not help you.

myone

Post by myone »

Please read my two posts again. I think I have already made it pretty clear, what box I have, and the help I require.

rozzimann96

Post by rozzimann96 »

cpr43 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:22 pm
myone wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:58 pm

We can help if you let us. Let me know what model you have? What firmware you need? What other software for your unit youneed? I will make sure you get it. As far as private servers provider such as iks, Cccam, Newcamd etc, there I can not help you.
Please in latest firmware in V8 Honor is big problem with display correct letters like "řěčňš" etc in program guide EPG - current tv show info. See photo.

Code: Select all

https://i.imgur.com/apB3sqf_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
CORRECT IS: 8:30-9:00 Recyklační tým / 9:00-9:30 Poklady z garáží.

But receiver not showing this special letters correctly.
V8 Honor, latest firmware, Astra 3B satellite

kiemot

Post by kiemot »

Unfortunately, I regret to say that the new software on 13/02/2020 did not fix the problem of the lack of EPG on the Hot Bird satellite.
The reception stability of some channels has improved.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

kiemot wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:24 pm
The new software contains a lot of very important patches, e.g. changing the logo and other stupid things? :?:
Maybe it's worth taking care of the real problem which is the lack of properly functioning EPG on V8 Honor and V8 Orange models :idea: :!:
Hello everyone, EPG has a problem
1. You need to provide us with an EPG program that is not displayed
2. You need to record the TS stream and send it to us
3. Everyone can send me a private message, I download the TS stream
4. Record the bit stream, insert the U disk, select the corresponding satellite under the menu TOOLS ----- Record, and record corresponding to TP
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

kiemot

Post by kiemot »

Lining wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:51 pm
kiemot wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:24 pm
Hello everyone, EPG has a problem
1. You need to provide us with an EPG program that is not displayed
2. You need to record the TS stream and send it to us
3. Everyone can send me a private message, I download the TS stream
4. Record the bit stream, insert the U disk, select the corresponding satellite under the menu TOOLS ----- Record, and record corresponding to TP

Hello ,
Or maybe GTMedia will change its antenna installation to Hot Bird 13E and launch any channel.
I recommend checking Polsat Document, Travel Channel, HBO, TLC, etc.
In principle, the problem occurs on each channel and one equivalent on a different transpode. The problem is not dependent on the middle antenna or LNB or its power supply.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”