Auto Dish unit

for the power, AV cable,HDMI cable....

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Auto Dish unit

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

Have any of you used one of these auto dish units?
It is a : Dish Tailgater.

They say it needs a board replacement for the southern hemisphere and use outside USA.

Does anyone know if these work on a standard set top box like the Freesat units?
My worry is that the voltage needed is more than the usual 13 / 18v.

I had another of these type of units and it drew too much current as I was using it without the top box that provided the extra voltage.

Owen
IMG_6870.JPG
IMG_6870.JPG (274.62 KiB) Viewed 5994 times
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

STRETCH

Re: Auto Dish unit

Post by STRETCH »

Just done a check on the net, by the look of it , the equipment is part of the (DISH TV NETWORK USA) system.
May be someone from that part of the world will be able to give you the information required.

Den

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

That is Dish Net setup, that LNB needs 500ma of power,the 13v-18v is the same but I don't think the freesat can handle the amps without over heating, so you would need to change the LNB and at best you would only get just a few KU TPs with that small dish pan.

BTW, if I had one of them I would keep it, you never know when a hack will pop up.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

iq180 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:24 pm
That is Dish Net setup, that LNB needs 500ma of power,the 13v-18v is the same but I don't think the freesat can handle the amps without over heating, so you would need to change the LNB and at best you would only get just a few KU TPs with that small dish pan.

BTW, if I had one of them I would keep it, you never know when a hack will pop up.
So you think the LNB it self uses 500mA, not the whole unit?
I could try supplying it via a splitter from two units.

The electronics look very modern and would use little power.

Waiting on some email info if they sent it.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Dish uses circular polarization and a LO of 11250... you most prob will have to change the LNB.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:32 pm
iq180 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:24 pm

So you think the LNB it self uses 500mA, not the whole unit?
I could try supplying it via a splitter from two units.

The electronics look very modern and would use little power.

Waiting on some email info if they sent it.

Owen
Dish Net LNBs are power hogs,or most of them are and will not work for what you want to do, the dish its self should work if you can find an LNB for it.

Good Luck with it, BTW, I would like to know how it works out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I powered it up from a V8 Finder-Meter and it powered on OK.
Nothing happened.

It will not respond to any normal instructions, USALS or DiSEqC.

These things are sold on web sites with no caution that they will ONLY work with the makers set top box.
My friend brought a lemon.

Owen

Return to “Accessories”