GTMedia V8 PRO2 Firmware(12/05/2020)

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

GTMedia V8 PRO2 Firmware(12/05/2020)

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

This new software has solved an issue with a BISS channel dropping on off / in out.
It now stays locked to the TP.
Also the reported signal level / quality no longer shows low levels that reported a level but does not lock and open the channels, coded or FTA.
The unit now shows just the message "No Signal" while the older software showed a level.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: GTMedia V8 PRO2 Firmware(12/05/2020)

Post by cpr43 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:57 am
Hi

This new software has solved an issue with a BISS channel dropping on off / in out.
Also the reported signal level / quality no longer shows low levels that reported a level but does not lock and open the channels, coded or FTA.
The unit now shows just the message "No Signal" while the older software showed a level.

Owen
Thanks for the headup. Unfortunately , it keeps hanging or getting stuck on 11911V01999 91w :x

Lalinda

Post by Lalinda »

Bliss can autorolling function???? (V8PRO2)
GtmediaV8X>>>>>105e,95e,91.5e,76.5e,68.5e,66e,52e,45e,36e

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

cpr43 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:15 am
Feralkiwi wrote:
Hi

Owen
Thanks for the headup. Unfortunately , it keeps hanging or getting stuck on 11911V01999 91w :x
Some reports that Audio shut down when choosing alternate audio. You need to change channel to fix it. I also noticed weak TPs now are having problem to lock. 117w also now getting stuck at 12078H30000 ;)

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

I rolled back to previous version. Working much better for me.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

My local multistream (format 1 I think) has come back to a good signal strength again.

The V8Pro2 with the latest software 20200512 now does multistream format 1 FULLY!!!!!
No more unplugging the LNB cable to get one set at random.

I do not know if the older versions fixed the need to unplug the LNB cable to make it work as my local multistream was too low a signal.

Owen

This feed on Intelsat19@166e is 12570 V 26810.
There are now 9 channels per set.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

juancar2020

Post by juancar2020 »

I have bought v8 pro2, I have updated the firmware 20200512. Youtube now works. But it won't let me activate the wired network connection after activating wifi. It tells me that it is not connected, but I have verified that it has a network.
With the previous firmware it worked correctly.
Attachments
redlan2.JPG
redlan2.JPG (748.24 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
redlan.JPG
redlan.JPG (523.76 KiB) Viewed 3019 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try doing a disconnect on the wifi first.

Owen

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Hi

Owen
Hi Owen,
New software for V8 Pro2.
1. Since the quality level is not displayed at Low Level, it is no longer possible to adjust the orientation of the antenna.
It's very inconvenient. ‥
2. Also, because PLS is fixed to ROOT, the signal of ST-2 PLS GOLD cannot be locked.

We strongly hope to fix the above two problems.

Thanks in advance,

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Juancar2020 --- In the TV picture it shows the WIFI icon with a Green light, you need to move Green light to the Lan icon if you use the ethernet cable.

Good Luck ! :D

juancar2020

Post by juancar2020 »

Thank you very much to all.
The error message appeared when I click on activate lan.
Today let me press activate lan. I think it was a problem with the network switch.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Firmware(12/05/2020)sat / terrestrial interference.

Post by Feralkiwi »

I found one more odd thing.

I had a second unit tuned to a weak satellite signal, a V8 Finder-Meter.
This unit is connected via a 4x2 18v / 13v switch. 4 outputs for STB's and a H and V connection to the LNB's.

My main unit, a V8Pro2, is connected to the same 4x2 through a 8 port DiSEqC switch port 7.

I powered on the V8Pro2. It started on a terrestrial channel.
The second unit, the Finder, had its signal corrupted, a lot of sound breaks and bricks in the picture.

This is not cleared until I change the channel on the V8Pro2 to a satellite channel.
I can repeat this interference by disconnecting the satellite cable while viewing a terrestrial channel on the V8Pro2.

This means the V8Pro2 does not set up its satellite input correctly if there has been a "No Signal", or at power on, while viewing a terrestrial channel.
My tone sat finder shows no DiSEqC commands being sent.
I will attempt to check the output voltage today.

It would be best if these duel satellite / terrestrial units powered down the unused input.
Turn off the satellite LNB power while watching terrestrial and turn off any antenna power on the terrestrial while on satellite.

It does worry me that there may be an over voltage going out that is causing this interference through my 8 port DiSEqC switch.

Owen

Xsat

Re: Firmware(12/05/2020)sat / terrestrial interference.

Post by Xsat »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:07 pm
I found one more odd thing.

I had a second unit tuned to a weak satellite signal, a V8 Finder-Meter.
This unit is connected via a 4x2 18v / 13v switch. 4 outputs for STB's and a H and V connection to the LNB's.

My main unit, a V8Pro2, is connected to the same 4x2 through a 8 port DiSEqC switch port 7.

I powered on the V8Pro2. It started on a terrestrial channel.
The second unit, the Finder, had its signal corrupted, a lot of sound breaks and bricks in the picture.

This is not cleared until I change the channel on the V8Pro2 to a satellite channel.
I can repeat this interference by disconnecting the satellite cable while viewing a terrestrial channel on the V8Pro2.

This means the V8Pro2 does not set up its satellite input correctly if there has been a "No Signal", or at power on, while viewing a terrestrial channel.
My tone sat finder shows no DiSEqC commands being sent.
I will attempt to check the output voltage today.

It would be best if these duel satellite / terrestrial units powered down the unused input.
Turn off the satellite LNB power while watching terrestrial and turn off any antenna power on the terrestrial while on satellite.

It does worry me that there may be an over voltage going out that is causing this interference through my 8 port DiSEqC switch.

Owen
V8 Pro 2 can be switched to the terrestrial channel
It holds the satellite channels that you was watching before.
This means that the LNB has the polarization of the previous channel, H or V
The voltage is working. If the satellite channel is
If it is a weak signal that cannot be locked, V8 Pro2 initializes the port of DiseqC_SW and selects the newly connected LNB port.
The image in your SAT_finder will be disturbed until the DiseqC command reaches the connected port.
V8 Pro2 DiseqC_SW initialization is meaningless and before
I pointed out in this forum, but it is not fixed.

If you want to temporarily avoid this phenomenon,
Please set the port of DiseqC_SW to 1.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Xsat wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:11 pm
If it is a weak signal that cannot be locked, V8 Pro2 initializes the port of DiseqC_SW and selects the newly connected LNB port.
The image in your SAT_finder will be disturbed until the DiseqC command reaches the connected port.

Please note that the Finder-Meter is a seperate feed from the LNB and not connected to the output of the V8 Pro2

V8Pro2 - - - - - tone finder - - - - - - - - 8 Port DiSEqC Sw "port 7"- - - - - - - - - 4x2 switch V port - - - - - - - - - - - LNB
Finder-Meter - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - /

The satellite input port of the V8Pro2 should not affect the finder-meter.
The "Tone" finder ( the sort with the moving needle and LEDs) does not show any DiSEqC commands being sent, no change to the 22kHz LED off.
If any DiSEqC commands were sent, they should not go past the 8 port switch, unless port 7 is selected.
DiSEqC / 22kHz tones should not affect the LNB and signal as the LNB is a standard single band LNB, 13000 low freq.

Owen

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:39 pm
Xsat wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:11 pm

Please note that the Finder-Meter is a seperate feed from the LNB and not connected to the output of the V8 Pro2

V8Pro2 - - - - - tone finder - - - - - - - - 8 Port DiSEqC Sw "port 7"- - - - - - - - - 4x2 switch V port - - - - - - - - - - - LNB
Finder-Meter - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - /

The satellite input port of the V8Pro2 should not affect the finder-meter.
The "Tone" finder ( the sort with the moving needle and LEDs) does not show any DiSEqC commands being sent, no change to the 22kHz LED off.
If any DiSEqC commands were sent, they should not go past the 8 port switch, unless port 7 is selected.
DiSEqC / 22kHz tones should not affect the LNB and signal as the LNB is a standard single band LNB, 13000 low freq.

Owen
Thank you for the explanation.

DiseqC command,
It is abnormal to automatically make a call when a weak signal is received.
Does not happen with other GT Media models.Only, with V8 Pro2 happen.

with V8 Pro 2,
When receiving the target satellite channel(port-2).
If it cannot lock the satellite channel with a weak signal
Switch to port 1 of DiseqC_SW.
Then, lock again at the target port-2.This will be repeated if the signal lock fails. (Port-1-> port-2-> port-1-> port-2 ----)
If the lock is successful, the video display of the channel will be delayed as a result.
also, sometimes even if the signal is over 10 dB
Since the signal lock is delayed, it is timed out in F / W.
for that reason,
It may not be able to receive it.
It happens every time in KU band SBS at 113 E KoreaSat 5/5A. (12514H 8PSK/HD SR 2500 FEC 5/6)

The same applies when the target channel has no signal.
For example, with DiseqC Motor connected DiseqC_SW to Port-2 ,
operate while the antenna is rotating in USALS,
The connected port-2 Diseq C Moter repeated stop and rotation to get target channel of the satellite.

It is a serious problem of V8 Pro2.

More accurately if you have a spectrum analyzer
You can understand.

Maybe your abnormal condition and this phenomenon
Set automatically the DiseqC command from port-1 issue.

I think it will work correctly if corrected.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have another odd thing happening with the V8 Pro2 and my USALS dish mover.

If I go to the motor control menu (set for DiSEqC positions) as I try to move the dish a bit at a time west or east (Yes these are reversed for me in the south) I find I am fighting the unit to move the dish.
I try repeat pulse moves and or constant move west or east away from the current location for the satellite and the unit keeps sending a DiSEqC command to re-position the dish back to the position.
I say sending a DiSEqC command as I see the green light on the mover flash orange as these commands are sent while I am at the dish trying to mover the dish from there.

Eg satellite is set for position 4.
The dish is moved to that position 4.
I go to the Antenna settings for that sat and then to the motor control menu.
There I can pulse or constant move the dish, while watching the TP signal info.
The dish keeps moving back to the position 4.

I think the DiSEqC command is being resent because there is "No Signal".

I have had to reset my USALS mover twice in the last week.
It had gone to the end stop.
This could be a fault with my mover, or the V8Pro2?

Please can anyone else with software 12/May/2020 confirm this as a fault with the V8Pro2?

Owen

Slavisa

Post by Slavisa »

Feralkiwi wrote:

I have another odd thing happening with the V8 Pro2 and my USALS dish mover.

If I go to the motor control menu (set for DiSEqC positions) as I try to move the dish a bit at a time west or east (Yes these are reversed for me in the south) I find I am fighting the unit to move the dish.
I try repeat pulse moves and or constant move west or east away from the current location for the satellite and the unit keeps sending a DiSEqC command to re-position the dish back to the position.
I say sending a DiSEqC command as I see the green light on the mover flash orange as these commands are sent while I am at the dish trying to mover the dish from there.

Eg satellite is set for position 4.
The dish is moved to that position 4.
I go to the Antenna settings for that sat and then to the motor control menu.
There I can pulse or constant move the dish, while watching the TP signal info.
The dish keeps moving back to the position 4.

I have had to reset my USALS mover twice in the last week.
It had gone to the end stop.
This could be a fault with my mover, or the V8Pro2?

Please can anyone else with software 12/May/2020 confirm this as a fault with the V8Pro2?

Owen
The same thing happens with mine V8PRO2

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

You have already said the answer.
Same as V8X, I confirmed such condition.
I also reported in another thread of this Form,
The phenomenon of slow lock that occurs when switching channels
This is because the DiseqC initialization command will be generated in vain.
Except Port-1 with DiseqC_SW connected antenna.

To fix it temporarily, you can use DiseqC port-1
Connect the motor.

Regards,

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Xsat wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:00 am

Connect the motor.

Regards,
The issue here is the resend for no signal / slow lock is happening while you are in the motor control menu trying to move the dish manually to a best signal position.
The resend of the DiSEqC motor position forces the dish back to the current position while you are adjusting it.

DiSEqC has always been a mess in Freesat units. Most resend the simple switch commands twice. If you set the menu for DiSEqC repeat "Once" you see the command sent four times. This then interferes with the lock time for low SR channels.

Owen

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:28 pm
Xsat wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:00 am

Connect the motor.

Regards,
The issue here is the resend for no signal / slow lock is happening while you are in the motor control menu trying to move the dish manually to a best signal position.
The resend of the DiSEqC motor position forces the dish back to the current position while you are adjusting it.

DiSEqC has always been a mess in Freesat units. Most resend the simple switch commands twice. If you set the menu for DiSEqC repeat "Once" you see the command sent four times. This then interferes with the lock time for low SR channels.

Owen
Thanks for the info Owen.
Yes, weak signal and late lock low SR channels are fail to receive.

setting my V8 Pro2 Other menu;
My DiseqC Repeat mode "None"

If DiseqC USALS motor moving to target Satellite while NO signal so start & Stop moving occurred.
I seen Spectrum analyzer told that not only DiseqC command from port-1 to 2, 3, 4....but also H/V 22KHx tone has called.
My V8 Pro2 & V8X also same but V 8 Super is Not occur such condition.
Please solve this problem with the next F/W update.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”