When searching satellites at the end I get a message no program? no program when

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Mohit

Re: When searching satellites at the end I get a message no program? no program when

Post by Mohit »

Also Check LNB selected frequency. Look for 22Khz signal if install such kind of switch. Many time we use LNB having seprate port for horizontal and vertical frequency. May be you are track your satellite by setting horizontal frequency on vertical port of lnb or vice-versa.
regards

mackie413@gmail.com

Re: When searching satellites at the end I get a message no program? no program when

Post by mackie413@gmail.com »

Well, my foot is still healing but now my rotor will not move but the signal is sent to it and says moving dish! No movement? Am trying to work with the seller to replace rotor but am having a hard time with them. Could there be anything I am doing wrong or do I need to rest or what?
Thanks,
Richard

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Most USALS movers have buttons on them to move the dish at the mover.
With the unit connected to the dish, try pressing the buttons. one will move the dish one way and a double press will move it the other.

To start with use USALS as this will move the dish based on your location and the satellite longitude.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mackie413@gmail.com

Hi Qwen,

I have done all that.. No movement on both uisals or diseqc using the west or east movement. No matter what I do it does not move, but signal "says moving dish please wait".
Thank's
Richard

Jim

Post by Jim »

mackie413@gmail.com wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:19 am
Hi Qwen,

I have done all that.. No movement on both uisals or diseqc using the west or east movement. No matter what I do it does not move, but signal "says moving dish please wait".
Thank's
Richard
Not sure what model you have of dish mover but I have a model SG2100 that has a small hole near the manual button on the motor. If you have this take a paper clip or something similar to fit inside that hole and push the reset inside. That should clear the motor.

carl

Post by carl »

Mackie413,

From just quickly looking at your posts I don't think the sun will help you this time of year. Plus it looks like you have an offset dish not a prime focus which makes things a little different.

If this is your first attempt at setting up a system it's hard enough to do without a mover. My suggestion is to take the motor off, find the satellite most directly overhead based on your longitude and try to get a signal on that one satellite only. Later you can add the mover back into the picture. You must have a high "quality" bar percentage before you can scan. Use a website like lyngsat.com to put in a known frequency to find the satellite.
Carl
Freesat V8 Golden, V8x, Geosatpro MicroHD and Edision mio 4k.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Fri May 22, 2020 12:19 am
Hi Qwen,

Thank's
Richard
The buttons I talk of are on the mover itself, outside with the dish.
Check that you have 13 or 18 volts at the dish end of the cable.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

On the mover by the side of the lnb connectors there should be a (pin hole) were you could reset the unit.

Den

mackie413@gmail.com

Thanks Den,
I will look for that and try it.....Until I get the rotor working I will be on hold...
Thanks guys!!!
Richard

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I was working with my USALs mover yesterday, it needed a reset. Maybe a result of the strange thing my V8Pro2 did.
I noted that there is a light next to the right button. This is green for power on and flashes orange for communications.

That may help too.

Owen

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

It should be GREEN at all times, if it goes ORANGE, it could mean that a connection is not been made, the motor is NOT receiving a signal from the receiver.
Hope this helps

Den

mackie413@gmail.com

O.K. I'm back!
I have installed a new rotor and it moves and seahes for satellites. Still no signal...I think that it is in the receiver. The reason why I say this is

no matter what I do, it always say's no program! For instance, when I go to any menu,when I change anything it it syas no program when I hit o.K.
When you buy the unit it should work with out having to load any software, right?

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPX6rKFGl_U&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1FGg0_DVp9QfnOyoMg6W8m6bsK3ncvNDVZOOfCOLPheA3zerQJCSyiLCc

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Glad to see you back, how is the foot!
Now lets see what we can do, What is your prime satellite at your location, plus what satellites are in your acre.
My acre in the UK from my location I can get from 45e through to 30w, so my prime satellite is (1w).
So after checking (dish pointer) to find what the (motor) settings should be and what the elevation of the dish should be, ( I am lucky my dish in the side of a flat roof, so I can have a receiver and small tv by the side of me on a small table.) With the motor on the pole with the dish with the motor set at (zero) I then connect a lead from the receiver direct to the lnb, with your receiver set up against your prime satellite, (you are setting up as a single feed), check your lnb settings, have your receiver on a transponder that has a good signal in your area, slack off the nuts of your motor top left / bottom right just a little so that you can more the whole motor / dish till you get a signal, checking the tv screen, to get the most signal you will have to move the dish left / right / up / down, keeping a eye on the tv screen, then do the nuts up, keep a eye on the tv screen. When you have done that do a blind scan of that satellite, which will be your reference satellite, switch off the receiver, then set about connecting everything up to the motor etc, with the receiver you will need to set up the long / lat / usals. You should the be able to go to you next satellite to scan.

Good luck and just SHOUT for help

Den

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:21 pm
When you buy the unit it should work with out having to load any software, right?
Yes, but it has to be configured correctly and pointed at a satellite, and from all of your posts it seems that is your problem. The method of aligning the dish with the sun is not going to work, try doing what @carl suggested and forget about the motor for the time being. If it's roof mounted then find a piece of pipe to mount the antenna at ground level where it's easier to play with. Purchase one of these cheap satfinders that has a whistle, it is an enormous help to use on of those as you hear the whistle when you are close to a satellite, with experience you can almost get 100% signal using one.

Once you find a satellite then you can play with the motor as you will be confident that everything works, just a case of alignment. It's a big haystack up there and a very small needle to find.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

mackie413@gmail.com

Thanks, I have set my dish vert and east to west settings as prescribed and then set my receiver to search a satellite. The rotor goes to the satellite and
stops. I then release my nuts on the rotor to move my rotor very slowly left and right (east and west) to obtain the signal with a satellite meter. I have a signal strength of 92....then I go to the dish and release the nuts on the dish and move the dish very slowly up and down to pick up the satellite. I move the dish and the rotor very slow....no signal quality ....I have installed a sta dish with a rotor before in the past with out problems! I can not figure what the problems are this time around!

Thanks,
Richard

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Give it a try as per my post, scan the satellite on it own without the motor and see what you get, you may be getting a high signal, it is the QUALITY of the signal that counts.
Den

mackie413@gmail.com

I have disconnected the receiver and hooked only the dish to a meter, but no signal quality signal, only signal of 92.
Richard

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:23 pm
I have disconnected the receiver and hooked only the dish to a meter, but no signal quality signal, only signal of 92.
Richard
viewtopic.php?p=73672#p73672
3.- Understanding the SIGNAL and QUALITY readings on the antenna display page of your receiver:
(a) S=0 Q=0.....no lnb connected or bad coax or bad lnb
(b) S=70 Q=0.....lnb connected no signal from satellite (the 70 is noise generated by the lnb)
(c) S=70 Q=70.....lnb connected, signal from satellite OK, adjust for max Q.
You can lay the lnb on the kitchen floor, connect it to you box/meter and you will still get 92...
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

By the sound of it your dish, is still not lined up to a satellite, go again to (dish pointer) when you have the information of the satellite that you wish to receive, put the ( x ) on the screen to were your dish is, note all details, and carry out as per my post.
Can you let us know what satellite you are after.

Den

mackie413@gmail.com

I notice that the new rotor is not running when signal is sent to it! I have about 125 feet of cable between the receiver and the lnb. could that also be a problem? I'm going to take an ohm meter and check for a short or open and see if that could be causing my problem.

Richard

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:18 pm
Thanks, I have set my dish vert and east to west settings as prescribed and then set my receiver to search a satellite. The rotor goes to the satellite and
stops. I then release my nuts on the rotor to move my rotor very slowly left and right (east and west) to obtain the signal with a satellite meter. I have a signal strength of 92....then I go to the dish and release the nuts on the dish and move the dish very slowly up and down to pick up the satellite. I move the dish and the rotor very slow....no signal quality ....I have installed a sta dish with a rotor before in the past with out problems! I can not figure what the problems are this time around!

Thanks,
Richard
The way I set up a dish mover is to start wit the satellite that is due south or north of you.
If you set up your longitude and latitude in the unit and then send it to a satellite that you have set the longitude for the same as your latitude, the mover should set the dish to top center. eg if you are at long 21w, then choose the satellite that is 21w. If there is not sat on the list at your longitude then make one just for this set up. This works only if you choose USALS for the mover type.
The post you mount it on should be very vertical.
Then set the dish mount so the dish is now pointing south (or north, if like me you are southern hemisphere).
Then if there is no satellite at that longitude, move the dish by choosing a satellite that is very close to you longitude.
Once there you can adjust the dish mounts for best signal, adjusting the up down first and then just a little of the east west.
The up down should match you latitude as marked on the dish mounts.
Then you can test to satellite further away from you longitude.

These mover dish mounts are tricky to set up.
Mark the pole and mounts etc before you start so you can go back to where you were if it all goes wrong.

Owen

mackie413@gmail.com

Thanks Owen,
I am going to try again.. soon. I'm still healing..
Richard

mackie413@gmail.com

I have to hold for a while guys, but will be back later. Thanks for the help!
Richard

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”