Gtmedia v7 plus terrestrial antenna power check

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Godot

Gtmedia v7 plus terrestrial antenna power check

Post by Godot »

Please advise on what is the purpose of terrestrial antenna power check switch in settings?

ramoncho

Re: Gtmedia v7 plus terrestrial antenna power check

Post by ramoncho »

hola me estreno hoy en este forun alguien me puede ayudar tengo un gtmedia v7shd que necesito reparar gracias

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Godot wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:03 am
Please advise on what is the purpose of terrestrial antenna power check switch in settings?
The Anetnna power is used by some mast head amplifiers.
Keep this powered of as some cable system appear like a short circuit.

Owen
ramoncho wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:28 pm
hola me estreno hoy en este forun alguien me puede ayudar tengo un gtmedia v7shd que necesito reparar gracias
Please what is wrong with your unit?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Godot

Post by Godot »

Let me clarify, now there are two settings :

* antenna power
* antenna power check

I’m using mast amplifier and I‘ve set antenna power switch to on. Everything works as expected.
I’m puzzled with second switch, since it seems not to affect anything being either on or off.
What is this check for and what is the recommended setting for it?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Godot wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:52 am

* antenna power
* antenna power check

I’m using mast amplifier and I‘ve set antenna power switch to on. Everything works as expected.
I’m puzzled with second switch, since it seems not to affect anything being either on or off.
Odd.I see
LNB power
Anetnna power
Channel type ( this sets FTA or All, FTA yes skips the $$$ channels as you press up channel button)
etc
etc.

I do not see the "antenna power check"
Please what menu and where is this option?
What version of software do you have?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Godot

Post by Godot »

The firmware is the latest taken from this forum. The screen looks like in attachment.
Attachments
1AE47AAE-81BF-4D41-8811-03F35A28DBF4.jpeg
1AE47AAE-81BF-4D41-8811-03F35A28DBF4.jpeg (34.92 KiB) Viewed 1439 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:29 am
Godot wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:52 am

* antenna power
* antenna power check

Odd.I see Edit: menu from V8UHD, not V7Plus
LNB power
Anetnna power
Channel type ( this sets FTA or All, FTA yes skips the $$$ channels as you press up channel button)
etc
etc.

I do not see the "antenna power check"
Please what menu and where is this option?
What version of software do you have?

Owen
Sorry.

I am so busy with my new V8UHD that I responded to this post for that unit.
I will check my V7 Plus soon and report back.

Owen

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The Antenna power option is for the power on or off.

The Antenna Power Check is there so you can check the cable for a short.
I did not test the power out voltage as my multi meter is not working well.

I did when test, I shorted the output and when I set antenna power check to "ON" the unit reported "Short Circuit" and changed the antenna power setting to "OFF".
I think the power is only "ON" when you use a DVB-T channel, so this function allows you to test the cable while in the menu.

Owen

Godot

Post by Godot »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:37 pm

I did when test, I shorted the output and when I set antenna power check to "ON" the unit reported "Short Circuit" and changed the antenna power setting to "OFF".
I think the power is only "ON" when you use a DVB-T channel, so this function allows you to test the cable while in the menu.

Owen
Logically, short circuit protection is so obvious and mandatory feature, so it should be implemented in hardware, and I can’t see any reason or use case to be able ever to switch it off. So I thought it was for something else, my initial guess was that if mast amplifier is powered via power-pass signal diplexor, the STB could check the mast amplifier is already powered from another source, and it may skip antenna power option. But I don’t know how to check it with multimeter. Is there any kind of manual for this?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Godot wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:06 am
Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:37 pm

Owen
Logically, short circuit protection is so obvious and mandatory feature, so it should be implemented in hardware, and I can’t see any reason or use case to be able ever to switch it off. So I thought it was for something else, my initial guess was that if mast amplifier is powered via power-pass signal diplexor, the STB could check the mast amplifier is already powered from another source, and it may skip antenna power option. But I don’t know how to check it with multimeter. Is there any kind of manual for this?
This feature does not switch it off, It tunes on the antenna power as a test at the moment you select the "Check"
This allow you to test your cable for shorts.
The antenna power is not "ON" until you change to a DVB-T channel, and then you will not know why it did not work if there is a short.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”