V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Lining
网站管理员

Re: GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System

Post by Lining »

mark987 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:53 pm
<V8X> <repair> AC3 with multi channel 5.1 audio over http sharing has no audio channel (checked with ffmpeg) HDMI auto has audio

You can send AC3 5.1 channel program I download to see?
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

mark987

Post by mark987 »

Lining wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:08 pm
mark987 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:44 pm
<V8X> <repair> http sharing freezes over LAN when channel is encrypted an CCCAM is not absolutly perfect

HOW: Export playlist_v8x.m3u play with "ffplay http://yourbox:81/XXXXXX" any encrypted channel wait beween 15 minutes to 1h video will stop. Connection will NOT get refused

TCP loss <0.1%
1. Why don't you use the IP address, http://yourbox:81/XXXXXX"?
2. Can you provide me with your IPTV account number? Private message me
no i think you got me wrong. iam using the IP-Adress of the V8X box. Im streaming form the V8X box with the SAT->IP function to my pc and play it with ffmplay.

What do you mean with IPTV account number?

SAT SIGNAL -> V8X BOX -> SAT-IP -> ffplay runs for about 45 minutes than black screen the box do not send new data but the TCP connection still exist (ffplay does not close)

mark987

Post by mark987 »

Lining wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:10 pm
mark987 wrote:
<V8X> <repair> AC3 with multi channel 5.1 audio over http sharing has no audio channel (checked with ffmpeg) HDMI auto has audio

yes i can. what do you want?

a PVR capture of the reciver

or a capture of the sat-ip with ffmpeg ?

or the frequency and satillite?

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

mark987 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:02 pm
Lining wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:10 pm
mark987 wrote:

yes i can. what do you want?

a PVR capture of the reciver

or a capture of the sat-ip with ffmpeg ?

or the frequency and satillite?
Record my AC3 5.1 channel program, upload it to https://wetransfer.com and send it to me, I will use SAT2 IP to play and see, the problem you said

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

mark987 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:01 pm
Lining wrote:
mark987 wrote:
<V8X> <repair> http sharing freezes over LAN when channel is encrypted an CCCAM is not absolutly perfect

HOW: Export playlist_v8x.m3u play with "ffplay http://yourbox:81/XXXXXX" any encrypted channel wait beween 15 minutes to 1h video will stop. Connection will NOT get refused

TCP loss <0.1%
no i think you got me wrong. iam using the IP-Adress of the V8X box. Im streaming form the V8X box with the SAT->IP function to my pc and play it with ffmplay.

SAT SIGNAL -> V8X BOX -> SAT-IP -> ffplay runs for about 45 minutes than black screen the box do not send new data but the TCP connection still exist (ffplay does not close)
You can download the GTplayer APP and use it to play. I have played it for an hour and it’s all OK. You can use VLC to play on the computer.

belmonte

Post by belmonte »

Hello,

1.- In the last firmware (a some previous also) I have to turn on cccam lines every time a power on the box, by default the cccam lines are off when a power on the box, despite I have save the cccam lines correctly.

2.- I don't know when and from time to time but some times the image turns green, I have to restart the box or change the display to PAL, Auto or NTSC to watch the image with normal colors

Regards.

mark987

Post by mark987 »

Lining wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:11 am
mark987 wrote:
Lining wrote:
mark987 wrote:

TCP loss <0.1%

You can download the GTplayer APP and use it to play. I have played it for an hour and it’s all OK. You can use VLC to play on the computer.
hello i ve testet it with VLC. It cuts after a time 30 - 60
ive used that time a free to air channel
#EXTINF:-1, Das Erste
http://192.168.2.111:81/3105_0_1236000_ ... 0_101_1.ts

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

mark987 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:00 am
Lining wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:11 am
mark987 wrote:
Lining wrote:
mark987 wrote:

TCP loss <0.1%

hello i ve testet it with VLC. It cuts after a time 30 - 60
ive used that time a free to air channel
#EXTINF:-1, Das Erste
http://192.168.2.111:81/3105_0_1236000_ ... 0_101_1.ts
I can't use your URL address, the address can only be used in the local area network, have you used GTplayer to play

Museale

Post by Museale »

Hi
I just installed a UHD V8. I am Italian and I have set Italy in the menu and activated LCN. I don't have a dish and I only use DVB T2. The decoder finds the channels and records them but when I try to recall the channel with the remote it doesn't show the correct channel. Example Rai 1 HD is channel 501 but if I recall 501 or 0501 with the remote control keys it shows No Channel. If I recall 125 it shows 222. The channels are correctly stored as per LCN but cannot be recalled. If, on the other hand, I go forward or backward with the CH + - keys, the channel is shown correctly. But in order to see channel 501 I have to press the CH + - key 100 times.

Can you help me.
Thanks
Ciao

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

The (LCN) needs to be(OFF), but the receiver does not put the channel list in the correct order.
You may have to do that yourself.

Den

rafbir

Post by rafbir »

hello
I have problem whit ARC Hdmi GTmedia v8 UHD not working .....gtmedia V75s working whit arc hdmi....where is problem whit GTmedia V 8 UHd...please help me..

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

rafbir wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:02 pm
hello
I have problem whit ARC Hdmi GTmedia v8 UHD not working .....gtmedia V75s working whit arc hdmi....where is problem whit GTmedia V 8 UHd...please help me..
I replied to your other post.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

belmonte wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:23 am
Hello,

1.- In the last firmware (a some previous also) I have to turn on cccam lines every time a power on the box, by default the cccam lines are off when a power on the box, despite I have save the cccam lines correctly.

2.- I don't know when and from time to time but some times the image turns green, I have to restart the box or change the display to PAL, Auto or NTSC to watch the image with normal colors

Regards.
Check that this is not your TV.

Use PAL or NTSC as the output. Using Auto will mean that when you change channel from a PAL channel to a NTSC your TV needs to reboot its video to the new format. That may be when it goes green.
Also if the resolution you have set for the output is higher than your TV can take, that too may cause this.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

vandirsr

Post by vandirsr »

The V8 Not show Program TV ProgressBar???? :|

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

vandirsr wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:48 pm
hello
i don't understand your issue.
can you please tell me the detail information about your issue.

gerryfarr

Post by gerryfarr »

Hi,

I think I really have a problem with my V8 Nova orange box. I bought it an year and a half ago, it worked ok, though I couldn't make Youtube working. Then I upgraded to a new August 2019 firmware and it worked fine even I managed to tune a wireless router and make Youtube working.

Few days ago I found an update firmware for the box 20201117 and download to update it. The routine went normal the screen told me that firmware was refresh went OK and then it went to restart....After that I cant go by the welcome screen of GT Media... On box screen I can see messages either L093 or L060 depends on which version of a backed up firmware I try to force install. I tried renaming to flash.bin Flash.bin Nothing works! Is there any way for me to get my box back to work?

best regards
Gerry

gerryfarr

Post by gerryfarr »

hi all,

Looks like my V8 Nova orange box got "bricked"

After trying to install new update of 17/11/2020, I am getting, when just turning the box on, a GT Media greeting screen, then TV blinks and shows no signal sign. On the box screen there messages L003, L007, L021, L060 and L093. After that nothing just a message L093 and black TV screen.
I read all the forum, tried to force update with flash.bin and Flash.bin but in either case after getting a message USB UPDATE! DONT POWER OFF, I am getting a welcome screen TV goes black!
Is there any way to burn the firmware back into the box.Using a soft from the PC or any other way?

Regards,

Gerry

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

gerryfarr wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:37 am
hi all,

After trying to install new update of 17/11/2020, I am getting, when just turning the box on, a GT Media greeting screen, then TV blinks and shows no signal sign. On the box screen there messages L003, L007, L021, L060 and L093. After that nothing just a message L093 and black TV screen.
I read all the forum, tried to force update with flash.bin and Flash.bin but in either case after getting a message USB UPDATE! DONT POWER OFF, I am getting a welcome screen TV goes black!
Is there any way to burn the firmware back into the box.Using a soft from the PC or any other way?

Regards,

Gerry
Yes there is the RS232 method.

Have you tried flash.bin with the version you had in before it crashed?

Links to older versions

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=19024&p=84564#p84564
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=20094&p=84590&hili ... ova#p84590

Owen

My notes on flash.bin recovery

lash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.
Use the rear USB port on units that have two ports.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

Good luck

New information: Users are reporting that naming the file "Flash.bin" with a capital has worked where "flash.bin" has not.

Owen

gerryfarr

Post by gerryfarr »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:55 pm
gerryfarr wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:37 am
hi all,

Regards,

Gerry
Yes there is the RS232 method.

Have you tried flash.bin with the version you had in before it crashed?

Links to older versions

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=19024&p=84564#p84564
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=20094&p=84590&hili ... ova#p84590

Owen

My notes on flash.bin recovery

lash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.
Use the rear USB port on units that have two ports.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

Good luck

New information: Users are reporting that naming the file "Flash.bin" with a capital has worked where "flash.bin" has not.

Owen
Hello,

I have tried everything! I even ordered tool for direct burning IC yesterday, but combination of several hints actually brought my box back to life this morning.

here is algorithm that worked for me:

- 4 Gb USB key with an indicator light, with FAT 32 format
- Old firmware, I used V8Nova_Orange_release_20190614.bin, because the one I backuped before updated didn't work
- Renaming V8Nova_Orange_release_20190614.bin to Flash.bin
- I think one of the important thing is to unplug the box from power supply for at least 30 seconds, also as my friend who is a electronics engineer suggested, I shorted in unplugged box a power and a ground terminals in the box's power socket, as he explained to get rid of any leftover charge in the capacitors that could keep alive some of the PCB's IC.
- then inserted the USB, connected HDMI, then connected power and start pressing button MENU repeatedly, not just holding...

And ... I saw a blinking light on the USB key, then message USB update, Do not turn power Off, and it actually worked.

No I have upgraded firmware to the latest of 17/11/2020 and trying to restore my data. WiFi is working, Youtube is running, so far everything looks right.

Thank all for your help!

Best regards,
Gerry

vandirsr

Post by vandirsr »

Tom.w wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:33 am
vandirsr wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:48 pm
hello
i don't understand your issue.
can you please tell me the detail information about your issue.
Yes, Time progress. No have information bar of time progress program TV! Only show current event and Next event, but not show progress of current TV event!

kquijada

Post by kquijada »

Buenas noches, aplique la ultima actualizacion a mi v8x y apenas luego del reinicio, ya tenia congelamientos, al tratar de ver videos de youtube se queda la pantalla en negro y el receptor se congela, debo apagarlo por el boton en la parte trasera, quiero volver al update anterior, como puedo hacer eso.
--------------------
Gtmedia V8X 8-) Diseqc 4*1, Amazonas 61° W, Star One C2 70° W, Túpac Katari 87.2° W

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

kquijada wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:30 am
Buenas noches, aplique la ultima actualizacion a mi v8x y apenas luego del reinicio, ya tenia congelamientos, al tratar de ver videos de youtube se queda la pantalla en negro y el receptor se congela, debo apagarlo por el boton en la parte trasera, quiero volver al update anterior, como puedo hacer eso.
hello
we will check it and fix it

rarachch

Post by rarachch »

I confirm. Latest firmware. Youtube does not work. Black screen - freezing.

kquijada

Post by kquijada »

Tom.w wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:02 am
kquijada wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:30 am
hello
we will check it and fix it
Please solve that soon, this latest update is quite unstable, the receiver to any change freezes and this is quite annoying and YouTube still does not work.
--------------------
Gtmedia V8X 8-) Diseqc 4*1, Amazonas 61° W, Star One C2 70° W, Túpac Katari 87.2° W

ncansan

Post by ncansan »

belmonte wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:23 am
Hello,

Regards.
Similar issue with my V8 UHD with latest firmware. Everytime I switch on, cccam lines are in idle state. I have to stop the cccam line and start again and then it works ok. And when I said 'switch on', it means from standby state, I don't remove power supply.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”