V8 UHD Video Resolution

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

evarese

V8 UHD Video Resolution

Post by evarese »

I'm an owner of a Sony TV 4K and regularly setted at 3840 x 2160 / 50 Hz (equivalent to 4K2K_50 of the V8 UHD) with a sky 'Q' decoder. Trying to set the same resolution with the V8, I get this message "The HDMI TV not support this resolution!".
Why? And have other customers the same problem?
The best resolution I can set is 1080i/50.
GTCombo - V8 UHD - V8 Finder - V8 Finder2 - 90 cm motorized dish

flavioflavio

Re: V8 UHD Video Resolution

Post by flavioflavio »

is a problem of tv my oled lg 55 e8 is perfect

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

It could be the HDMI cable or it could be your TV. Some HDMI cables that claim they are 4k are poorly/cheaply made don't do UHDTV reliably at a good refresh rate like 60HZ or 120HZ.

Also how old is your TV? If it is an early 4k model then its possible it only does HDMI 1.2 and only does 4k in 50hz regardless of the input, newer 4k TV's will do 4k in HDMI 2.0 and will do 60-120hz refresh. So that can explain why your TV's maximum refresh is 50hz. The higher the Hz refresh rate the more data is transferred and the picture looks better but you also need a better quality HDMI cable, i've seen some being sold that are only rated for 4k at 30HZ.

1080p@60HZ uses HDMI 1.0 and bandwidth is about 3 Gbps
4K@30Hz uses HDMI 1.0 and uses a bandwidth on your HDMI cable of 10.2 Gbps minimum.
4K@60Hz uses HDMI 2.0 and uses a bandwidth of 18 Gbps minimum.
4k@120Hz signal on HDMI 2.1 uses a bandwidth of approx 40 Gbps.

So set your TV to 4k@50hz (TV's Maximum) and then try the V8UHD Receiver at these ---- 4K2K@25hz, 4K2K@30hz, 4K2K@50hz, 4K2K@60hz so try all of these on a 4k mux/channel on Satellite like (NASA UHD) ! The Specs for the V8UHD says it will do all 4 of these refresh rates in 4k. If the TV works in 4k at 50HZ then great but if it won't and only works at a lower HZ (25 or 30) then its likely the HDMI cable.

Good Luck!

evarese

Post by evarese »

Many thanks Captain Ron for your full explanations, but the problem is NOT the TV: I have neither problem with the sky Q receiver, nor receiving NASA UHD through the satellite receiver of my TV.
Obviosly I tried all the settings you're suggesting me, but the error comes out always.
I guess that since the HDMI/ARC has big problem, this fact could have an impact also on the resolution settings. With an other sat decoder (other brand), with the same HDMI cable, no problem indeed. The issue is caused by the V8 UHD, may be linked to a Sony TV.

Anyway, I want clarify that the 4K images are reproduced on the screen with the RIGHT resolution: it's only an error pop-up, no more, but boring...

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

It should be a compatibility issue, we need to discuss

evarese

Post by evarese »

Tried with an other Sony TV 4K (2017), exactly the same problem occurs! No more than 1080i/50 allowed.

ococ

Post by ococ »

Hola buenos dias, estoy preparando para la casa de mi hija un V8 UHD el mismo que el mio probado en mi tv y con el mismo cable, mismo friware, todo igual en las mismas condiciones pero con el mio la resolucion se ve perfectamente a 4k 60 fps y el nuevo de mi hija no me deja pasar de 4k 30fps.
Algo no va bien en este aparato nuevo creo yo

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

As I said before, while it could be an isolated V8UHD having a problem but for some having issues it can also be your TV or HDMI cable.

Older 4k TV's that are a few years old started out with HDMI 1.0 and they max out at about 4k 30hz and some cheap HDMI cables are only rated at 4k @ 30hz.

The new 4k TV's being sold today use a higher rated HDMI (HDMI 2.0 or 2.1) and they need a high quality HDMI cable to run it to do 60hz or even 120hz refresh.

So look at the paperwork on your TV owners manual and make sure it has HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 and is capable of 60hz or 120hz and make sure you have a cable rated, (I have a 120hz rated HDMI cable and it is twice as thick as a cheap HDMI cable).

Good Luck!

ococ

Post by ococ »

Si pienso que es puntual por que como te comento en el post anterior esto pasa a igualdad de condiciones con dos V8 UHD uno a 4K 60 y el otro no pasa de 4K 30. gracias de todos modos

Chinatown_69

Post by Chinatown_69 »

Este mismo problema me esta pasando o similar.

He comprado el deco v8 uhd hace unos 5 días, lo actualice a la última version (228) al principio podía configurar la resolución a 4k 60 funcionando perfectamente, y hoy de repente me he quedado sin imagen y sonido. Ahora solo lo puedo poner como mucho a 4k 30.
Alguna solución, o devuelvo el deco por que tenga algún problema.

Gracias

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Porque te inventas resoluciones?
Que frecuencia tienes en tú pais?
Que resolución emiten los canales?
Para no tener problemas de resoluciones inventadas pon la de by source
Si por casualidad los IPTV se ve en negro pones 1080i50 o 1080P50

cheels

Post by cheels »

I need help please, i change the resolution and now i dont have image to change the resplution again, i need the steps to put the factory reset, can anybody help me?
Best regards

alfalfa

Post by alfalfa »

Hola
ococ wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:48 am
Hola buenos dias, estoy preparando para la casa de mi hija un V8 UHD el mismo que el mio probado en mi tv y con el mismo cable, mismo friware, todo igual en las mismas condiciones pero con el mio la resolucion se ve perfectamente a 4k 60 fps y el nuevo de mi hija no me deja pasar de 4k 30fps.
Algo no va bien en este aparato nuevo creo yo
No queda muy claro lo que pasa.
- Si es que el equipo que compró para su hija lo prueba en su casas (reemplazando al que usted ya tiene) y no funciona en 4k@60fps entonces el problema es el V8 UHD de su hija o el cable del mismo. Puede probar ver que las configuraciones de ambos equipos sean iguales y también intercambiar los cables, marque el equipamiento suyo para no equivocarse.

Saludos

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

cheels wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:46 pm
I need help please, i change the resolution and now i dont have image to change the resplution again, i need the steps to put the factory reset, can anybody help me?
Best regards
Try the TV Mode button on the remote.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

cheels

Post by cheels »

Hi my friend, the button doesnt work :( can you help me by guide me the steps to the factory settings?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

How are you connecting your receiver with the TV, if you use the (scart) from the receiver to the (scart) on the TV, (if you have one), you then should be able to change the resolution.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

cheels wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:09 pm
Hi my friend, the button doesnt work :( can you help me by guide me the steps to the factory settings?
there is the USB Forced recovery
Note the instructions may be incorrect in this area.
From the PDF file for the V7 V8.
6. V7 V8 USB forced upgrade:::
6.1. Connect the power, and press “MENU” continuously with the remote control.
Note: Press the button continuously.
This should read repeatedly"

6.2.Digital tube shows UP9,,,After releasing the MENU button, enter the upgrade mode
Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”