Help, the console does not find horizontal satellites

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

dronKZ

Help, the console does not find horizontal satellites

Post by dronKZ »

does cardsharing take place on this device?
Yes, but it does not work completely, it only finds vertical satellites, it does not see horizontal satellites at all! You can help with setting up a cardsharing on a telecard!

Captain Ron

Re: Help, the console does not find horizontal satellites

Post by Captain Ron »

An LNB not picking up Horizontal or Vertical polarity has nothing to do with card sharing, not sure why you even mentioned card sharing.

There are a few different reasons why the receiver might not find Horizontal Polarity Channels, the Verticle is switched on at approx 13 Vdc and the Horizontal at approx 18 Vdc. If the voltages are too far off (real high or real low) it may not switch back and forth correctly and that would likely be a power supply problem inside the receiver.

1) The LNB might be bad, sometimes they go bad and will not change over
2) Could be the coax is going bad or is dirty in the connections, check the copper core.
3) Could be the receiver isn't switching over and putting out the 18vdc for Horizontal
4) Check on your Receiver settings and make sure the polarity is in Auto and not set to Vertical only because if it is it won't look for Horizontal.
5) Probably a couple other reasons i'm not thinking of

You can use a multimeter and check at the LNB Coax Cable and see the voltages 13 vdc on Verticle and turn on Horizontal and see if the coax is getting 18 vdc when you select Horizontal. If it does have the right voltage then its probably the LNB is gone bad or settings in the receiver I mentioned before. (Copper core is + and the threaded nut is - and grounded to the outside cable shielding.)

Good Luck and Beers to you! :D

dronKZ

Post by dronKZ »

Captain Ron wrote:An LNB not picking up Horizontal or Vertical polarity has nothing to do with card sharing, not sure why you even mentioned card sharing.

There are a few different reasons why the receiver might not find Horizontal Polarity Channels, the Verticle is switched on at approx 13 Vdc and the Horizontal at approx 18 Vdc. If the voltages are too far off (real high or real low) it may not switch back and forth correctly and that would likely be a power supply problem inside the receiver.

1) The LNB might be bad, sometimes they go bad and will not change over
2) Could be the coax is going bad or is dirty in the connections, check the copper core.
3) Could be the receiver isn't switching over and putting out the 18vdc for Horizontal
4) Check on your Receiver settings and make sure the polarity is in Auto and not set to Vertical only because if it is it won't look for Horizontal.
5) Probably a couple other reasons i'm not thinking of

You can use a multimeter and check at the LNB Coax Cable and see the voltages 13 vdc on Verticle and turn on Horizontal and see if the coax is getting 18 vdc when you select Horizontal. If it does have the right voltage then its probably the LNB is gone bad or settings in the receiver I mentioned before. (Copper core is + and the threaded nut is - and grounded to the outside cable shielding.)

Good Luck and Beers to you! :D

I do not think that the topic of food will be relevant here, if the receiver has a plug for satellite television, then it should be, I see no reason to look for the cause in the power!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Captian Ron was talking about the voltages in LNB sattelite connection from the box to the dish, the LNB cable.

If voltage is lost or there is too much power load in that cable then the voltage at the LNB will not reach 18V and the LNB will stay on Vertical, 13v.

Also check this: there is a setting in the antenna setting menu for "Auto" "H" and "V" for the LNB power. Check that you have "Auto" and not "V" for vertical only.

Also there are twin output LNB's that have seperate outputs for V and H, If you have one of those and are connected to the V output then you will only get V.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

It will also scans in only Vertical if you are using any 2 X 4, 4x4 switch but using a single output LNB

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”