GTMEDIA V8 nova or V8 honor

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

GTMEDIA V8 nova or V8 honor

Post by top »

Hello

Can someone can recommend what to buy please?

V8 nova or V8 honor or V9 super or GTS?

Thank you

STRETCH

Re: GTMEDIA V8 nova or V8 honor

Post by STRETCH »

This all depends on how you wish to use the receiver, when members know this information, they then know what receiver would be best for that use.

Den

brasilleech

Post by brasilleech »

Postem atualizacao marcando as dbs do gtmedia v8 finder

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

top wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:22 pm
Hello

Can someone can recommend what to buy please?

V8 nova or V8 honor or V9 super or GTS?

Thank you
True what Stretch said about it depends on what you want to do with it (watch Satellite TV with keys or CCAM or IPTV so you should probably do some reading and decide for yourself.

Many like the GTmedia receivers and have very little problems with them for watching Satellite TV while some have issues with them when trying to do other things with them besides watching Satellite TV and some need a receiver that is more simple and maybe does everything (updates/software) are done automatically. (These you update manually with a USB memory stick and there are steps to follow)

IMO for simply watching HD Satellite TV then any of the V8 Nova's are hard to beat (There are three models - Orange, Blue and Honor Nova's) that are all pretty close to identical and all have HDMI connectors. The Orange also has a (SCART) TV connector for Europe while the other two have HDMI and RCA connections.

Some people like the V9 model (I don't have one) so I won't speak to it.

Some want and need 4K TV and if so then read posts about the GTC and GTS Android receivers.

Best advice I can give to you is for you to read about all the receivers (V8's, V9's, for HDTV and also the GTC and GTS if you want 4K and see what many people here are saying about the receivers.

So there's no cut and dried (simple answer) on (which is best).

Good Luck ! :D

cmelak
Location: HD Box 7119, AB Cryptobox combo 752, GT media V8 Pro 2, 3 x LNB, 85 cm,

Post by cmelak »

Hello, I bought V8pro2 because this model has Dvbt2 tuner.

brasilleech

Post by brasilleech »

Model no suport db

Post by top »

Going to be used just with cccam

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Pretty sure all the V8's and V9's will do CCCam, not too sure that could be said about the older V7's.

If you live in North or South America you could probably be very happy just using a Softcam.key file instead of CCCam.

Some really like the V8 Nova's and some like the V8 Pro2

If you live in Europe and use SCART you may like the V8 Nova Orange that has HDMI and a SCART connector and will use CCCam.

GTmedia Sales Site - https://www.freesat.cc/

Good Luck! :D

Post by top »

Captain Ron wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:57 pm
Pretty sure all the V8's and V9's will do CCCam, not too sure that could be said about the older V7's.

If you live in North or South America you could probably be very happy just using a Softcam.key file instead of CCCam.

Some really like the V8 Nova's and some like the V8 Pro2

If you live in Europe and use SCART you may like the V8 Nova Orange that has HDMI and a SCART connector and will use CCCam.

GTmedia Sales Site - https://www.freesat.cc/

Good Luck! :D
I'm from Europe 🇪🇺
Scart connector is only on really old TV's, every body is using HDMI these days 😂

Will be using the box with a shared card cccam 🔑.

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

top wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:38 am

I'm from Europe 🇪🇺
Scart connector is only on really old TV's, every body is using HDMI these days 😂

Will be using the box with a shared card cccam 🔑.
Ok if your TV or DVD Player has HDMI and also has RCA input jacks then you might want to get a Nova Blue or Nova Honor (Purple) instead of the Orange, the Blue and Purple both have RCA jacks which is nice if the HDMI quits working for some reason. Use the RCA jacks for a backup as it only does SDTV.

:D

sinip

Post by sinip »

I've just ordered V8 Honor exactly because it has both SCART and HDMI. I couldn't find any other technical difference between them.

You never know, I might need to use it on a old TV sometimes. Bought it quite cheaply off Aliexpress during Black Friday and now just need to wait to arrive.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”