G17 91W Ku question

Please discuss the softcam feature ,share the softcam key...

Moderators: admin, Rambo, GTMedia Team

Post Reply
1deerehunter
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:25 pm
Location: North Cacalacky

G17 91W Ku question

Post by 1deerehunter » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:38 am

Ive got three channels scanned in as Wright Patterson AFB on transponder 11833 V they show as P-vu but have not auto rolled as of yet I had thought they were similar to AFN ...anyone tried these...I know some of the small dish only guys would be thankful....

User avatar
cpr43
网站管理员
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by cpr43 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:58 am

1deerehunter wrote:Ive got three channels scanned in as Wright Patterson AFB on transponder 11833 V they show as P-vu but have not auto rolled as of yet I had thought they were similar to AFN ...anyone tried these...I know some of the small dish only guys would be thankful....
PM Sent
Use Search Before Posting- Post in the Right Section- Do Not Spam the Board- Do Not make Hidden Links Public- Respect other Members- ALWAYS remember... Follow Forum Rules

gdhunt
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:56 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Contact:

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by gdhunt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:06 pm

cpr43,

Would you please pm me all you may have on Ku birds Galaxy 17 at 91.0W and SES 2 at 87.0W too?

Thank You Very Much!

Gary

User avatar
cpr43
网站管理员
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by cpr43 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:36 pm

gdhunt wrote:cpr43,

Would you please pm me all you may have on Ku birds Galaxy 17 at 91.0W and SES 2 at 87.0W too?

Thank You Very Much!

Gary
PM sent
Use Search Before Posting- Post in the Right Section- Do Not Spam the Board- Do Not make Hidden Links Public- Respect other Members- ALWAYS remember... Follow Forum Rules

carl
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:57 am
Location: California

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by carl » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:15 pm

You will be disappointed with Wright-Patterson. Mostly colorbars with one transponder occasionally broadcasting some educational stuff. There is a transponder that scans in as Home on G17. That mostly broadcasts CNN.
Carl
Freesat V8 Golden, V7 Combo, Geosatpro MicroHD and AZBox Elite.

Wilis13
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by Wilis13 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:22 am

Could you PM me on G17 also?

User avatar
cpr43
网站管理员
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by cpr43 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Wilis13 wrote:Could you PM me on G17 also?
PM Sent
Use Search Before Posting- Post in the Right Section- Do Not Spam the Board- Do Not make Hidden Links Public- Respect other Members- ALWAYS remember... Follow Forum Rules

User avatar
Marsat
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am
Location: Miami

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by Marsat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:10 pm

carl wrote:You will be disappointed with Wright-Patterson. Mostly colorbars with one transponder occasionally broadcasting some educational stuff. There is a transponder that scans in as Home on G17. That mostly broadcasts CNN.
Right. But people are curious.

Mostly Ku is crap

Jim
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:24 pm

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by Jim » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:59 pm

If you like to watch Sports or News Ku is still very active with feeds especially now with NFL preseason football. G-17 over the years has carried these feeds.

1deerehunter
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:25 pm
Location: North Cacalacky

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by 1deerehunter » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:54 pm

Hipasat 30W has at times recent movies in english w/ Spanish subtitles on Cubavision and btw fta as well ...plus I still get a thrill from finding that wild feed that has the raw video of breaking news or the occasional sports event...yes C band is much better but still like options that Ku provides....

User avatar
T95KPRO
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:01 am
Location: On Earth!
Contact:

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by T95KPRO » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:25 am

1deerehunter wrote:Ive got three channels scanned in as Wright Patterson AFB on transponder 11833 V they show as P-vu but have not auto rolled as of yet I had thought they were similar to AFN ...anyone tried these...I know some of the small dish only guys would be thankful....
Cpr43, pm me to tks! :)
Freesat V8 Super, with 36" Ku Offset Dish. Always buy original product... https://freesat.cc/ :mrgreen:

Marantz
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by Marantz » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 pm

Dont forget about PBS on 125W if you cant get the channels over the air

not to hi jack this thread but where have you found the nfl on KU ?

User avatar
cpr43
网站管理员
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by cpr43 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:06 pm

T95KPRO wrote:
1deerehunter wrote:Ive got three channels scanned in as Wright Patterson AFB on transponder 11833 V they show as P-vu but have not auto rolled as of yet I had thought they were similar to AFN ...anyone tried these...I know some of the small dish only guys would be thankful....
Cpr43, pm me to tks! :)
PM sent
Use Search Before Posting- Post in the Right Section- Do Not Spam the Board- Do Not make Hidden Links Public- Respect other Members- ALWAYS remember... Follow Forum Rules

User avatar
T95KPRO
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:01 am
Location: On Earth!
Contact:

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by T95KPRO » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:32 pm

cpr43 wrote:
T95KPRO wrote:
1deerehunter wrote:Ive got three channels scanned in as Wright Patterson AFB on transponder 11833 V they show as P-vu but have not auto rolled as of yet I had thought they were similar to AFN ...anyone tried these...I know some of the small dish only guys would be thankful....
Cpr43, pm me to tks! :)
PM sent
Thk you! :) ;)
Freesat V8 Super, with 36" Ku Offset Dish. Always buy original product... https://freesat.cc/ :mrgreen:

vittles69
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:05 pm

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by vittles69 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Marantz wrote:Dont forget about PBS on 125W if you cant get the channels over the air

not to hi jack this thread but where have you found the nfl on KU ?
Lots of Pre-Season NFL games have broadcast FTA on Ku Band satellites over the years and right up until this past pre-season. Galaxy 17 being one of the more popular KU sats for Pre-Season games

Marantz
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by Marantz » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:04 pm

Thanks for the info on G17
i will have a look

User avatar
T95KPRO
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:01 am
Location: On Earth!
Contact:

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by T95KPRO » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:09 pm

Who have the keys to unlock Nagra3 channels on G17 91W and Galaxy 25? Other way then iks?
Freesat V8 Super, with 36" Ku Offset Dish. Always buy original product... https://freesat.cc/ :mrgreen:

User avatar
Marsat
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am
Location: Miami

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by Marsat » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:12 am

T95KPRO wrote:Who have the keys to unlock Nagra3 channels on G17 91W and Galaxy 25? Other way then iks?
if you are talking about "beverly" you need IKS.

The reason? Nagra changes encryption each 20 seconds, so it has to be a shared key

There were , like more than 3 years, several "providers" ...gone now I Believe.

I have never never tested this Sat ,I have a quad LNB on my 1,2m and I could easily scan that sat on circular but never did, just the Lineal for those ABC feeds

But I think no one provide keys anymore. And all is being abandoned due iptv

Marantz
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by Marantz » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:59 pm

You can find an iks provider for this bird on "satfix" under other iks providers ,there are two ,but if you are in Canada and get caught ,its curtains ,dont do it .

User avatar
Marsat
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am
Location: Miami

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by Marsat » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:35 pm

Marantz wrote:You can find an iks provider for this bird on "satfix" under other iks providers ,there are two ,but if you are in Canada and get caught ,its curtains ,dont do it .
got it
Question what is the footprint of this bird?

I got puzzled on satbeams which one it is

Reason I got ZERO signal

Marantz
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by Marantz » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:42 am

Its footprint is for the Canadian market ,bell express view ,same for 82 W
American's in northern states can receive it no problems.
Reports are that IKS is working fine with little freezing

For a Canadian i think it would be wise to shy away from this service ,put a C band dish up instead if you can ,if you cant and want to try it, be aware that in the past Bell has been aggressive with unsubscripted viewers ,

User avatar
T95KPRO
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:01 am
Location: On Earth!
Contact:

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by T95KPRO » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Marsat wrote:
Marantz wrote:You can find an iks provider for this bird on "satfix" under other iks providers ,there are two ,but if you are in Canada and get caught ,its curtains ,dont do it .
got it
Question what is the footprint of this bird?

I got puzzled on satbeams which one it is

Reason I got ZERO signal
Sat beam here : https://www.satbeams.com/footprints?norad=31307

Yes i know for IKS,but i don't know about the key change at 20 secs. Like you said,you can scan with your Quad lnbf. Here i have a Quad too, i can scan 82 & 91 West .
Freesat V8 Super, with 36" Ku Offset Dish. Always buy original product... https://freesat.cc/ :mrgreen:

User avatar
T95KPRO
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:01 am
Location: On Earth!
Contact:

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by T95KPRO » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:58 pm

Marantz wrote:Its footprint is for the Canadian market ,bell express view ,same for 82 W
American's in northern states can receive it no problems.
Reports are that IKS is working fine with little freezing

For a Canadian i think it would be wise to shy away from this service ,put a C band dish up instead if you can ,if you cant and want to try it, be aware that in the past Bell has been aggressive with unsubscripted viewers ,
Yes we know how is Bell with captain morgan! :D
Freesat V8 Super, with 36" Ku Offset Dish. Always buy original product... https://freesat.cc/ :mrgreen:

User avatar
Marsat
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am
Location: Miami

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by Marsat » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:13 am

Marantz wrote:Its footprint is for the Canadian market ,bell express view ,same for 82 W
American's in northern states can receive it no problems.
Reports are that IKS is working fine with little freezing

For a Canadian i think it would be wise to shy away from this service ,put a C band dish up instead if you can ,if you cant and want to try it, be aware that in the past Bell has been aggressive with unsubscripted viewers ,
That's what I thought.
I am way south almost the Florida Keys, zero signal
I have 107 and 111 on C working perfect
And yes Fish Network here too, still a lawyer's buffet hired by them are sending letters to IKS subscribers that paid a service provider via PayBad. The provider's guy was caught and in a liencience plea he agreed to give out his database.
Lawyers sending letters of demand to all those subscribers on the thousand of dollars. that is the story short

User avatar
Marsat
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am
Location: Miami

Re: G17 91W Ku question

Post by Marsat » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:19 am

T95KPRO wrote: Yes i know for IKS,but i don't know about the key change at 20 secs. Like you said,you can scan with your Quad lnbf. Here i have a Quad too, i can scan 82 & 91 West .
Nagra works that way, every 20 seconds the encryption set of keys changes, that is the reason the decoders MUST be connected to the IKS server all the time. If you miss the new set of keys you (the decoder) must wait another 20 seconds, image goes black or frozen and refresh the next time
whoever has this IKS services check with a timer disconnecting the Internet and connecting back again
Also I didnt know that bell also has on 82W was turbo 8psk so Freesat / Gt doesn't work there

Post Reply