V8UHD-ERR1-UP9

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8UHD-ERR1-UP9

Post by Feralkiwi »

One more thing.

The GT Media / Freesat units use many different remotes.

The early V7 units would not flash.bin restore using the V8 remotes.

Try using the menu button on one of your other GT Media remotes, like the V8 Pro2 or what you have there.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Remotes here. V7S,V7ATSC,V8 Nova Orange,V8X and V8 Super. Will try them all and report back. Thanks.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

And that is a no go also Feralkiwi. No remotes here from others bring video. Its time to move on from this and handle it with a refund. This unit is shot.

Bellman
网站管理员

Post by Bellman »

ZOO wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:25 pm
And that is a no go also Feralkiwi. No remotes here from others bring video. Its time to move on from this and handle it with a refund. This unit is shot.
Zoo I wil tell you what my friend did he had the up9 error after doing the same thing you did editing channel list then re flashed it back to the v8 uhd
I DO NOT recommend you doing this because there is a chance that you could really kill the box for good so if you kill the box don't come after me if you decide to do this i would wait for a reply back from Feralkiwi on maybe a rs32 option but what he did was unplug and replug the power cord into the back of the box about 4 or 5 times kinda fast the second it would start to try and boot unplug power then plug back in and it finally booted up and he has not had trouble since with his v8 uhd but I will say again I don't recommend you or anybody else doing that my friend is the type that don't care lol if it kills the box oh well i will just by a new one is his way of thinking :lol:
Scanning the arc 43w to 139 w c/ku 11 foot dish. gt media v7hd v8 nova orange/blue v8 pro 2 v8x v8 uhd

Favgue22

Post by Favgue22 »

Bellman wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:56 am
ZOO wrote:
Zoo I wil tell you what my friend did he had the up9 error after doing the same thing you did editing channel list then re flashed it back to the v8 uhd
I DO NOT recommend you doing this because there is a chance that you could really kill the box for good so if you kill the box don't come after me if you decide to do this i would wait for a reply back from Feralkiwi on maybe a rs32 option but what he did was unplug and replug the power cord into the back of the box about 4 or 5 times kinda fast the second it would start to try and boot unplug power then plug back in and it finally booted up and he has not had trouble since with his v8 uhd but I will say again I don't recommend you or anybody else doing that my friend is the type that don't care lol if it kills the box oh well i will just by a new one is his way of thinking :lol:

Yo ya he dejado mis preguntas sobre la misma falla en el V8 UHD unos dias antes que el compañero zoo,
A mi equipo le paso lo mismo y no hice nada fuera de lo normal,
No soy nuevo en esto de actualizar cajas,
He tenido equipos desde el 2007,
Empece con un Pansat 2700A y un monton de cajas mas que hasta la fecha ninguna se daño como el V8 UHD,
Solo me duro jalando unos 15 minutos,
Solo le meti un bin mas reciente que descargue de aqui y softcam key,
Y comenzo a trabajar inestable al no querer guardar en nombre y la longitud del Sat,
Lo apague y prendi des interruptor y adios equipo, solo pantalla oscura en la Tv,
Mi sospecha es!!!
¿¿Sera problema del V8 UHD que carga corrupto el bin?? 🤔🤔
Antena Cielo 30w Ku, Antena Cielo 113w y 117w Ku Manual, Parabolica 2.40m Fibra de Vidrio en el Arco del 55.5w al 133w C, Antena metalica de malla 3m Acondicionandola para su instalacion, JynxBox ATSC,SkySat V20 Mini,GTMedia V8 Nova Azul,GTMedia UHD

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Here are some pics from inside the V8UHD.

There does look to be the usual Freesat / GT Media RS232 port.

Be careful when opening the cover that you do not break the clips like I did.
Please see the photo of the cover so you know where each clip is.

You need to remove the cover and the main board to access the RS232 port.
It looks like all the other units, so I do think it is the RS232 port.

Connections will be the same as all the other units.
Edited:
RS232 not supported by the V8UHD

Please see my posting on RS232 for the V71 finder unit.

Edited after Linings reply
Lining wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:20 am
Sorry, V8 UHD currently cannot flash the firmware via RS232. Please do not follow the operation of V71. Since the two machines are different, please contact the seller in time for processing!
Good luck.

Owen
V8UHD_Cover.jpg
V8UHD_Cover.jpg (299.8 KiB) Viewed 3952 times
V8UHD_Inside.jpg
V8UHD_Inside.jpg (325.15 KiB) Viewed 3952 times
V8UHD_CircuitBoard.jpg
V8UHD_CircuitBoard.jpg (911.34 KiB) Viewed 3952 times
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Bellman wrote:
ZOO wrote:
Well Bellman I have tinkered with many sat receivers when it comes to using an editor and transferring back to the receiver.After all what good is an editor if in your words it could really kill a box? Why even make any editor program if that is what happens?

I have used many editors on various receivers renaming and adding ch`s and have never experienced this.

I was added to the beta tester list and have helped to get Music Choice ACM ch`s going on 125w. While many have received free receivers I have received no free receiver and paid for many.V7HD,V7S,V7ATSC,V8 Super,V8 Nova Orange,V8X and now this V8UHD so I have put in the money and time to help the GTMedia community.

I have sent emails to GTMedia with no response how this matter can be fixed. If this were a cheap V7HD or V7S I would let it slide but now after spending about 70 bucks for this V8UHD and another 12 for a SCART adapter I am not letting this slide. Like I said no receiver has been given to me free to be a beta tester so now what is GTMedia going to do????

There is an email waiting for GTMedia to handle this!!!!!!!

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

ZOO wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:58 pm
Bellman wrote:
ZOO wrote:
Well Bellman I have tinkered with many sat receivers when it comes to using an editor and transferring back to the receiver.After all what good is an editor if in your words it could really kill a box? Why even make any editor program if that is what happens?

I have used many editors on various receivers renaming and adding ch`s and have never experienced this.

I was added to the beta tester list and have helped to get Music Choice ACM ch`s going on 125w. While many have received free receivers I have received no free receiver and paid for many.V7HD,V7S,V7ATSC,V8 Super,V8 Nova Orange,V8X and now this V8UHD so I have put in the money and time to help the GTMedia community.

I have sent emails to GTMedia with no response how this matter can be fixed. If this were a cheap V7HD or V7S I would let it slide but now after spending about 70 bucks for this V8UHD and another 12 for a SCART adapter I am not letting this slide. Like I said no receiver has been given to me free to be a beta tester so now what is GTMedia going to do????

Sorry, V8 UHD currently cannot flash the firmware via RS232. Please do not follow the operation of V71. Since the two machines are different, please contact the seller in time for processing!
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

ghani Ajja

Post by ghani Ajja »

Lining wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:20 am
ZOO wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:58 pm
Bellman wrote:
ZOO wrote:

woww .... i like to be a gtmedia receiver tester.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

After numerous emails in waiting for a new V8UHD There is confusion of this entire situation.Can easily happen.Wanted to make a post so others will see this and possibly avoid this happening to there receiver.

This is where I think everything went wrong. I scanned SES11 for the radio feeds.Used the ALI Editor posted here to rename the ch`s I wanted to keep.Then deleted the radio feeds i do not use. Saved and reloaded the user db. It is here where everything went bad. There was a message on the screen saying updating tp or sat....Just cant remember exactly as its been some time now but either way it was a message it was updating the particular radio feed ch`s. After this occured the receiver was never stable and after a reboot is when the ERR1-UP9 occurred.

Tried every way possible way mentioned in this thread to bring this receiver back to life but it is not possible.SCART adapter is a no go also.Thanks again for all the help.

I feel confident GTMedia will make this right.
Thanks.
ZOO

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ZOO wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:15 pm
After numerous emails in waiting for a new V8UHD There is confusion of this entire situation.Can easily happen.Wanted to make a post so others will see this and possibly avoid this happening to there receiver.

This is where I think everything went wrong. I scanned SES11 for the radio feeds.Used the ALI Editor posted here to rename the ch`s I wanted to keep.Then deleted the radio feeds i do not use. Saved and reloaded the user db. It is here where everything went bad. There was a message on the screen saying updating tp or sat....Just cant remember exactly as its been some time now but either way it was a message it was updating the particular radio feed ch`s. After this occured the receiver was never stable and after a reboot is when the ERR1-UP9 occurred.

Tried every way possible way mentioned in this thread to bring this receiver back to life but it is not possible.SCART adapter is a no go also.Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks.
ZOO
The V8 UHD has a TP auto update feature. That would be the message that came up.
This feature looks every time you change channel to a different TP to see if there any changes on that TP. New channels added, audio PID, SID changes etc are looked for.
After any TP info auto update, all channels on that TP are removed from any favorites lists and you are left on the last channel of the favorites or satellite list if you were in.
This is a real big pain and alex_c has it on the list to make a menu option to turn this "on" or "off".

Edited 3 Sep 2020
This issue has been fixed on the V8UHD!!
There is now an option in other settings for ON OFF of the Auto TP update
Software version GTMedia_V8UHD_20200826_V209

So after changing the names and deleting unwanted channels, the Auto TP Update feature would correct it all back to the info on the TP and delete your selected channels from the favorites list you put them on.
This may have been SO much work for the unit that it used too much time or memory and it crashes.

I hope you have tried to flash.bin recover it using all the older versions of the software.
If not please list the ones you have and I will upload the others here.

alex_c. Please can you confirm the file name etc for "flash.bin" recovery for the V8 UHD?

Owen

Listed on V8 Bug tracking posts

<V8UHD> <P1><Auto TP Update causing crash> <Mass changes made using editor and reloaded, Auto TP update caused crash><Feralkiwi>

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:31 pm
ZOO wrote:

Thanks.
ZOO
The V8 UHD has a TP auto update feature. That would be the message that came up.
This feature looks every time you change channel to a different TP to see if there any changes on that TP. New channels added, audio PID, SID changes etc are looked for.
After any TP info auto update, all channels on that TP are removed from any favorites lists and you are left on the last channel of the favorites or satellite list if you were in.
This is a real big pain and alex_c has it on the list to make a menu option to turn this "on" or "off".

Edited 3 Sep 2020

So after changing the names and deleting unwanted channels, the Auto TP Update feature would correct it all back to the info on the TP and delete your selected channels from the favorites list you put them on.
This may have been SO much work for the unit that it used too much time or memory and it crashes.

I hope you have tried to flash.bin recover it using all the older versions of the software.

alex_c. Please can you confirm the file name etc for "flash.bin" recovery for the V8 UHD?

Owen

<V8UHD> <P1><Auto TP Update causing crash> <Mass changes made using editor and reloaded, Auto TP update caused crash><Feralkiwi>

Got it.
We will add this option as soon as possible.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:31 pm
ZOO wrote:

Thanks.
ZOO

Edited 3 Sep 2020

Owen

Dear Feralkiwi:
1. TP is updated automatically, we plan to add on and off options
2. V8 UHD is forced to upgrade, press the MEUN button when starting, the digital tube displays UP9, it will automatically enter the forced upgrade interface, no need to modify the software name, still select the file for V8UHD.bin to upgrade
3. RS232 tool of V8 UHD, we are already studying it

QQ截图20200818122147.jpg
QQ截图20200818122147.jpg (39.5 KiB) Viewed 3728 times

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

This is email I received from GTMEDIA.

Dear, our engineers originally wanted you to return the machine to check whether the problem can be repaired.
At present, they have obtained the problematic machine from other places, and in the testing phase,
if a new repair software is available, your machine can be repaired ,Thank you for your patience,
Have a nice day

Here is my response.

Edit: I have edited your information and deleted the language that violates the rules of the forum

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

You have used a BANNED word. ur V8UHD
Edit: I have edited your information and deleted the language that violates the rules of the forum

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

banned..ok i will say it like this...I help out to get the acm/vcm ch`s working on 125w....I get no free receiver....Now There is a problem with this V8UHD

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

ZOO wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:17 am
This is email I received from GTMEDIA.

Dear, our engineers originally wanted you to return the machine to check whether the problem can be repaired.
At present, they have obtained the problematic machine from other places, and in the testing phase,
if a new repair software is available, your machine can be repaired ,Thank you for your patience,
Have a nice day

Here is my response.
Hello, ZOO, swearing is wrong. Please follow the forum rules. I have edited your post and deleted the banned statement. We need to help you solve the problem. Our GTMEDIA seller has contacted you to help you replace the new V8 UHD equipment, hope to help you soon!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ZOO

Did you try the process I listed on this post?
I PM'ed you this too.

Owen

Here is that instruction.

When the unit shows UP9 on the display it should also be sending out a menu to be used to restore the software.
Here is a picture of what you should see.
SO!!!
What I think is happening is that after a crash the unit is in PAL video mode. When my unit did this, just as yours after a user file load, I did see this screen and recovered my unit. I have PAL TV's as standard here in NZ.
You may not be seeing this screen as your TV is NTSC.

Try this:
On your USB stick place ONLY a copy of the UHD software (name does not matter, just as it opens from the .zip folder from GT Media is fine), no other files on the main directory. This will mean that this software is the one seen and shown in the displayed page that you can not see.
Power on and press menu so the UP9 is shown on the front of the unit.

CORRECTION
The picture above is not the first position for the cursor at the start of UP9 recovery

When the unit enters UP9 mode you are on the top selection line, Upgrade Mode.
Press down arrow twice and then OK.
This should start the unit into reloading the software.

After reboot the main menu should be up and all remote functions active, so press "TV Mode" on the remote to change the video output format so you see it on your TV.

I hope this works.

Owen

Edited:
I did a software upgrade via this UP9 screen.
I pressed "Menu" at power "On" and selected the software version I wanted and OK.
This worked for me as my TV is PAL.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”