Can you load a V7 HD channel list into a V8 Super?

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Yankee495

Can you load a V7 HD channel list into a V8 Super?

Post by Yankee495 »

I just received my V8 Super! Wow, nice nice nice!

Can you use a V7 HD channel list in a V8 Super? I just got my V7 list done and I'd hate to do all of that work again.

It'd be really nice if I can load the user DB into the Super? Is there a way to convert the list?

There is no "Export" in the File menu of the Editor and if you select V8 when loading it then it's blank, no sat or channel info. I was hoping if I loaded it as a V8 it would convert it to V8 format for saving but it doesn't work.

Does anyone know if the V8 can load and use a V7 channel list? I don't want to brick it by trying it.

jiggerman

Re: Can you load a V7 HD channel list into a V8 Super?

Post by jiggerman »

iv done v7 combo to v7hd but v7 hd will not load to v7 combo.

its a bit daft really. its down to a lil bit script you can edit but just as tedious as creating your channel list. they should create the firmware to accept a dump for all boxes for channels. its not exactly rocket science! :)

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

Yeah, my old Openbox S9 had export in the editor and import etc. You could export TP's and channels and import them into another list. They really need to beef up the editor.

jiggerman

Post by jiggerman »

yea the editor is rubbish. long. and you cannot copy and paste tp from one editor to another or it would be sooo simple take mins to do.

ADMINS you need to change the db editor so you can copy and paste from one to the other. ie you can have 2 db editors open. but be able to copy details from each to the other. or, open db file and save/convert it to another box db settings.

in all honesty it should just be a channel dump file only just for tp data on all the boxes.

toomanyreceivers

Post by toomanyreceivers »

jiggerman wrote: ADMINS you need to change the db editor so you can copy and paste from one to the other. ie you can have 2 db editors open. but be able to copy details from each to the other. or, open db file and save/convert it to another box db settings.

in all honesty it should just be a channel dump file only just for tp data on all the boxes.
That would make the editor much more usable when doing these satellite lists especially for North America.

bigcar

Post by bigcar »

it seems that we need make one tool to translate the channel list between v7 and v8.
we will release new db editor at next week.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”