Manual Entry of Satellites: Sat 110, SAT 118 and SAT 119 INTO GTMEDIA V8 V2.

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

jsharma

Manual Entry of Satellites: Sat 110, SAT 118 and SAT 119 INTO GTMEDIA V8 V2.

Post by jsharma »

I live in arizona (USA). I just received my brand new GTMEDIA 8 V2 Box yesterday and I am totally news in this field. Are theer any step by step diretcions on how to enter my 3 satelites in to GTMEDIA V8 V2 Device. I need to add 110, 118, and 119 satellites (western arc). I searched youtube and google, could not find any help to guide me step by step. I am not even sure if my device is set up for western side satellites. Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Manual Entry of Satellites: Sat 110, SAT 118 and SAT 119 INTO GTMEDIA V8 V2.

Post by Feralkiwi »

First "ADD" a new satellite in the sat list and "tick" it by pressing the OK button so there is a tick by it.
This makes it accessible in the Antenna setting menu.

Then in the antenna setting menu. set the LNB low Frequency.
If you can this should be on the LNB, but if no set to 9750/10600.
If this value is incorrect the scanned channels will have incorrect TP frequencies, but will still work.

The set any switch settings you have?

Questions"
How many dishes do you have?
Do you have a motor dish?
Are you on a community satellite connection? (shared through a large building)
These answers will help us here help you.

If you have your own motor dish, you need to have the correct longitude of the satellite set as you "ADD" the satellite.
You need to add your location latitude / longitude in the motor control menu. (accessed by setting USARL and clicking on it in the antenna settings menu)

After that do a "Blind" scan of each satellite.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Manual Entry of Satellites: Sat 110, SAT 118 and SAT 119 INTO GTMEDIA V8 V2.

Post by cpr43 »

Those are dishnet Turbo 8PSK. GTmedia will not work with them.

jsharma

Post by jsharma »

Thanks Feralkiwi. To answer few of your questions. My satellite dish is in my backyard and a private property. I have only one dish without motor and the model is Dish Network plus. Where would i find the correct longitude of the three satellites that I want to program in the GT Media 8?
I turned on the GT Media device and all satellites are shown are on the east arc.
Please respond. Thanks in advance.

jsharma

Post by jsharma »

cpr43 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:52 am
Those are dishnet Turbo 8PSK. GTmedia will not work with them.
Hi cpr43-I am not sure what you mean by Turbo 8psk? No idea what it is? Please help- Thanks

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

What (cpr) is saying, the (Dish network) is not supported with GTMedia receivers.
With it been a paid service, you will require a receiver from the (Dish network) to decode / view the channels.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

jsharma wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:02 pm
I live in arizona (USA). I just received my brand new GTMEDIA 8 V2 Box yesterday and I am totally news in this field. Are theer any step by step diretcions on how to enter my 3 satelites in to GTMEDIA V8 V2 Device. I need to add 110, 118, and 119 satellites (western arc). I searched youtube and google, could not find any help to guide me step by step. I am not even sure if my device is set up for western side satellites. Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks
jsharma wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:43 pm
Thanks Feralkiwi. To answer few of your questions. My satellite dish is in my backyard and a private property. I have only one dish without motor and the model is Dish Network plus. Where would i find the correct longitude of the three satellites that I want to program in the GT Media 8?
I turned on the GT Media device and all satellites are shown are on the east arc.
Please respond. Thanks in advance.
The longitudes of each satellite or their fixed locations as you listed in your first post.

as you have a fixed dish, that is not so important.
The longitude is still used by auto BISS for the server for BISS encrypted channels.
You can do a blind scan with any satellite on the list, but it is best to add the ones you need correctly.

With only one dish, only one satellite.
If you do a blind scan using any satellite on the list and you do get channels, you can compare that with the lists on net sites like lyngsat dot com the find what satellite your dish is pointed at.

If your dish is large, 1.2 to 3.0m, with the LNB in the center, is is most likely C band, so use LNB setting 5150.
If your dish is small, below 1.2m, it is ku band so use 9759-10600.

Does your dish have more than one LNB?
mutli LNB's have more than one lump / circle face.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

jsharma

Post by jsharma »

Hi owen
My satellite dish is about 30 inches(left to right). It has 4 LNBF units. One of them was for 129 SAT. The center LNBF has dual LNB units for 110 and 118 satellites.
Secondly, one of the user on this Board mentioned that GT Media 8 V2 Satellite Finder will not work with Dish network. is that true, if yes, would it still help me to find the satellites that i want (110,118, and 119-west arc). Any help please-

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

As mentioned before Turbo 8psk is a special signal that can not be lock using regular FTA boxes. It does required a special module not available anymore or legal provider box. Even if your dish is properly pointed to this sats you will not get any quality signal. Any GTMedia or others including the finder are not of any help. I suggest changing your LNBs and re-pointed your dish to other sats within the arc without this signal. It is not a good idea to keep trying to get this provider. You will thank me later,

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

jsharma wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:26 am
Hi owen
My satellite dish is about 30 inches(left to right). It has 4 LNBF units. One of them was for 129 SAT. The center LNBF has dual LNB units for 110 and 118 satellites.
Secondly, one of the user on this Board mentioned that GT Media 8 V2 Satellite Finder will not work with Dish network. is that true, if yes, would it still help me to find the satellites that i want (110,118, and 119-west arc). Any help please-
If your dish has three or more LNB's, there must be a switch.
As you set up each satellite, make each one have a different DiSQeC 1.0 port number.

As others have said the Dishtv signals will not be seen.

You say now you have a finder, not a set top box we thought you had.
All comments above still apply.

Owen

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Those are D1shn3t Turbo 8PSK signals .

They are trying to tell you that you are not gonna bootleg D1sh N3twork or B3ll with what you have ,

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”