v8 golden cable scan

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

vincentwelk

v8 golden cable scan

Post by vincentwelk »

hallo, i´ve trouble with the v8 golden cable scan...
the scan is ONLY 0,00 programs but signalstrength is 60 %
i have the same box too andthere is the same problem...i believe that is a mistake at scan , evtl. modulation, or country specific problem,
please help me to solve this problem...
thanks in advance

Rambo

Re: v8 golden cable scan

Post by Rambo »

Do you know the correctly value of symbol rate?
Day Day Up!

vincentwelk

Post by vincentwelk »

hallo, thanks for message..
what is the "correctly value of symbol rate" what does it mean
i start a complete scan, i believe it begins at 67 000Mhz, and after few SECONDS, message no programs is displayed.
there are two v8 boxes with the same result.....
i got an android version ( v8 angel) : It starts a total scan and at the end it displayed 240 tv programs

why not the v8 golden ??????

i don´t know what it is :?: :?:

vincentwelk

Post by vincentwelk »

TODAY I tried a manual search but i didn´t know which frequencies and modulation the box is scanning.. ( especially in germany)
and my try and error method was very slowly and after 2 hours i give up this....
i need a competent aid to solve this problem....
thanks in advance

London_Overground

Post by London_Overground »

I have also had many problems with this. It's all to do with your local area (especially with VM here in the UK)
Each area has a varying symbol rate which is usually 6.887 or 6.952 (other may exist but these are the two I know and have had success with. In doing a range search brought nothing for me but when I done an auto search using frequency 666.750Mhz and a symbol rate of 6.952 and QAM set to 64 rather than AUTO, I managed to get some results... However each auto search bring up a different selection of available channels. Like yourself, I had conducted multiple searches taking hours and each search brought different Channel availability (sly sports 3 but no sly sports 5 and vice versa)
I guess it's all trial and error until someone can master a fail safe way...

Rambo

Post by Rambo »

London_Overground wrote:I have also had many problems with this. It's all to do with your local area (especially with VM here in the UK)
Each area has a varying symbol rate which is usually 6.887 or 6.952 (other may exist but these are the two I know and have had success with. In doing a range search brought nothing for me but when I done an auto search using frequency 666.750Mhz and a symbol rate of 6.952 and QAM set to 64 rather than AUTO, I managed to get some results... However each auto search bring up a different selection of available channels. Like yourself, I had conducted multiple searches taking hours and each search brought different Channel availability (sly sports 3 but no sly sports 5 and vice versa)
I guess it's all trial and error until someone can master a fail safe way...
Please try to set the main frequency information : now some friends can get the all cable channels at London and Nottingham.the following frequency information is from my friends.

London:
Main frequency 666.750
Symbol Rate 6.952

Nottingham:
Main frequency 739.00
Symbol Rate 6.952

Auto Search or Manual search( Nit Search : Yes)
Day Day Up!

Rambo

Post by Rambo »

vincentwelk wrote:TODAY I tried a manual search but i didn´t know which frequencies and modulation the box is scanning.. ( especially in germany)
and my try and error method was very slowly and after 2 hours i give up this....
i need a competent aid to solve this problem....
thanks in advance
Could you have other box can scan channel and can know the frequency information. Angle don't have the cable frequency information. :cry:
Day Day Up!

vincentwelk

Post by vincentwelk »

hallo, thanks for messages
germany-cable net:
i scanned the complete frequency with another cable box ( vu+ solo) and wrote down the frequencies...and modulation
but 1. modulation: a)6900,b)6953,c)6954
2. frequencies: various only in Khz ...the didn´t work with valued in Mhz...that was worried
and finally i did´t came a little bit further.

i written a mail to the chinese seller....nothing to hear from him.....buy and fare well...that´s it

i´m very helpless about this
i don´t get any further
greatz
vw

vincentwelk

Post by vincentwelk »

hallo, the hotline of freesat.cn doesn´t know the solution
i scanned the sender with option "Range scan" and modulation 9600 from minimum 4500Mhz-885000Mhz
and ..voila ... many tv and radio sender are received.... :D :D :D :D :D

zzq12345

Post by zzq12345 »

vincentwelk wrote:hallo, thanks for messages
germany-cable net:
i scanned the complete frequency with another cable box ( vu+ solo) and wrote down the frequencies...and modulation
but 1. modulation: a)6900,b)6953,c)6954
2. frequencies: various only in Khz ...the didn´t work with valued in Mhz...that was worried
and finally i did´t came a little bit further.

i written a mail to the chinese seller....nothing to hear from him.....buy and fare well...that´s it

i´m very helpless about this
i don´t get any further
greatz
vw
dear sir,1MHz=1000KMz.you can add by it

jiggerman

Post by jiggerman »

either way you do it.

do the following. applies to all of the UK

frequency range 666.750 - 739.00
Symbol Rate 6.952

you will then see the signal and quality pop up to approx 70-95%. never goes past 95%

then set QAM to 256. that applies to all of the UK. 16,32 etc etc will not work correctly. nor will auto as it will bypass the other channels ie, jumps channel to channel from duplicates or freq or qam settings and only keeps/removes relevance to the signal/ping at that time point which can be milli secs. so only qam 256 will stick to its freq, symbol and signal.

ENJOY :)

if you are unsure on frequency to set as a default, simply google your are. its that easy. or, change freq maybe 50 bars a time til you get a decent signal. but working by range does fine within those steps above. or just set 739000 you will still get all channels. only like say bbc1 will be east mids which makes no difference except the news sometimes etc.

marcusp

Post by marcusp »

Out of interest, anything we can do for VM channel listings?
Not to bothered about the EPG

MaRcus

jiggerman

Post by jiggerman »

settings for all UK

frequency 666.750 - 739.00 (you can change a bit a time if you want till your signal and quality bounce up. approx 70%-95%)
Symbol Rate 6952
Qam 256
you will get ALL 370+ channels.
thats all you need for VM UK settings.

difference between freq 666 to 739, it only changes standard channels. ie you would get BBC1 london news on 666. east mids news on 739. but they are all the same news anyways. its just the local news that might change.

dont thank me, thank you manufacturer that sends no info lol. :)

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”