GT Combo - Multiple issues

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

upsnowman

GT Combo - Multiple issues

Post by upsnowman »

Firstly I see the GTCombo bug thread but it seems noisy and not very focused but I can move these questions to that thread if necessary.

I have recently purchased a GTCombo. After using it for weeks I have a list of issues that all appear to be CPU load based.
1) Recording a powerview or biss channel results in a video that wont play at all/black. Recording an "in the clear" channel is spotty as in it will start recording and say it is but later maybe stop recording randomly or create a fractured file. Anyways Recording is spotty and recording an encrypted channel (that you can watch fine like powervu or biss or director) will never play via the GTcombo. If I move the recording to my GTMedia V8 UHD it play fine there every time. The USB works fine on my other GTMedia boxes so its not a speed issue the USB drive is very fast.
2) Timeshift absolutely doesnt function. If you hit pause it doesnt pause but changes the bottom bar to timeshift mode. Hitting pause keeps restarting the timeshift playback from the beginning but then plays it at fast forward and jerky. Hitting fast forward or rewind etc.. results in seemingly random behavior similar to pause/play. Unusable on any channel fta or powervu or biss etc.. The USB works fine on my other GTMedia boxes so its not a speed issue the USB drive is very fast.
3) Scheduling a record will start the event... it doesnt always record/finish creating fractured files and sometimes dies in the midst of recording or immediately after starting recording. Basically same issues as item 1) above. Unreliable. Recordings almost never play and have to be moved to my GTMedia V8 UHD where (if the recording actually finishes) they play fine there. The USB works fine on my other GTMedia boxes so its not a speed issue the USB drive is very fast.
4) Major issue!! -> Watching a channel the audio will randomly cut out. Rebooting the box fixes. If I hit the "menu" button while watching any feed and move around in the menu the audio will cut in and out most of the time which to me says theres a cpu load issue. ALL FEEDS work fine on my GTMedia V8 UHD its not a signal issue. This audio cut-out issue occurs often on every channel regardless of bitrate, H264, HVEC, FTA, Powervu etc.. doesnt matter. Reboot fixes. Somtime hitting the audio button and flipping audio feeds or turning the channels audio feed on and off fixes for a moment.

Sadly these four issues (number 4 is major) make the box almost unusable for me. Its a very promising box and I look forward to bug fixes.Thanks

upsnowman

Re: GT Combo - Multiple issues

Post by upsnowman »

Sorry I will say Im on the most recent firmware version the November 2023 release. Thanks

Mohan@p

Post by Mohan@p »

1) Recording a powerview or biss channel results in a video that wont play at all/black. Recording an "in the clear" channel is spotty as in it will start recording and say it is but later maybe stop recording randomly or create a fractured file. Anyways Recording is spotty and recording an encrypted channel (that you can watch fine like powervu or biss or director) will never play via the GTcombo. If I move the recording to my GTMedia V8 UHD it play fine there every time. The USB works fine on my other GTMedia boxes so its not a speed issue the USB drive is very fast.
2) Timeshift absolutely doesnt function. If you hit pause it doesnt pause but changes the bottom bar to timeshift mode. Hitting pause keeps restarting the timeshift playback from the beginning but then plays it at fast forward and jerky. Hitting fast forward or rewind etc.. results in seemingly random behavior similar to pause/play. Unusable on any channel fta or powervu or biss etc.. The USB works fine on my other GTMedia boxes so its not a speed issue the USB drive is very fast.
3) Scheduling a record will start the event... it doesnt always record/finish creating fractured files and sometimes dies in the midst of recording or immediately after starting recording. Basically same issues as item 1) above. Unreliable. Recordings almost never play and have to be moved to my GTMedia V8 UHD where (if the recording actually finishes) they play fine there. The USB works fine on my other GTMedia boxes so its not a speed issue the USB drive is very fast.
4) Major issue!! -> Watching a channel the audio will randomly cut out. Rebooting the box fixes. If I hit the "menu" button while watching any feed and move around in the menu the audio will cut in and out most of the time which to me says theres a cpu load issue. ALL FEEDS work fine on my GTMedia V8 UHD its not a signal issue. This audio cut-out issue occurs often on every channel regardless of bitrate, H264, HVEC, FTA, Powervu etc.. doesnt matter. Reboot fixes. Somtime hitting the audio button and flipping audio feeds or turning the channels audio feed on and off fixes for a moment.
I will say Im on the most recent firmware version the November 2023 release. Thanks
https://www.mediafire.com/file/19okal2d ... 7.zip/file

Sadly these four issues (number 4 is major) make the box almost unusable for me. Its a very promising box and I look forward to bug fixes. Please please
And add special functions and servers , iptv free

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”