V8 Finder 2 LNB Frequencies

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

RabbitPath

V8 Finder 2 LNB Frequencies

Post by RabbitPath »

Hey guys,

I got myself a nice V8 Finder 2 to help me with positioning my antenna to Astra 19.2E.

The LNB I have is a fairly cheap Quad LNB with integrated DiSEqC, for 4 TVs/receivers, and with the frequency range of 10.7 - 12.75 GHz. It's not a wideband LNB, nor a Quattro (which requires a separate multiswitch for 4, 8, 12 or more users, but this LNB has it built in for 4 users).

In the Finder menu, for the Astra 19.2E I have a list of LNB frequencies, but none match the LNB range. From what I have already read, this doesn't break anything, it's just that the range of frequencies of the Finder will be transposed to another range used by the LNB than the one the Finder believes, so the math formulas will simply display the "wrong" Ku band frequency. Is this right so far?

The question is about using the Finder to align the antenna and picking up one of Astra's recommended strong transponders: the 11954H. Will this value also be impacted by the different range of the LNB vs. the range expected by the Finder, or can I pick the TP from the transponders list and it will work fine?

Asking because I'd hate spending another hour on the roof in the freezing rain, trying to figure it out myself :)

Side question maybe - is there a way to edit the range of the LNB Frequencies in the Finder to match the LNB range, so that the built-in math works correctly?

Many thanks in advance!

STRETCH

Re: V8 Finder 2 LNB Frequencies

Post by STRETCH »

If you say that you have a Quad LNB, which will have four outputs, (in simple terms means) four universal lnb's, so that you can send leads to four receivers, the settings for these are (Universal 9750 - 10600), so you need to find this setting on your finder.
This will then link up with the transponder 11954H that you are using to find the said satellite.
You could check out (Dishpointer), to help you were to point your finder.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The frequency range is not the options in the menu.
The finder is set to the "low frequency".
Have a look on line for your LNB or look on the label.
If you have the dish pointing at a sat already, connect the finder to the cable and test from inside first.

Try LNB low settings like 10600, 20750 and 11300.
Blind scan will show what TP's are there and then look to see if they are correct reported frequencies.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

RabbitPath

Post by RabbitPath »

Thanks for the quick replies, guys!

Den - correct, that's a LNB with 4 independently operated outputs. I'll try the Universal range for the satellite. It confused me a bit why the LNB Frequencies option has ranges that are exceeded by many of the frequencies in the Transponders list.

Owen - the LNB frequency range of 10.7 - 12.75 GHz is taken from the LNB's box, and my challenge is that I can't find or define the same range in the Finder menu. Or am I doing this wrong? Installation > ticking the E19.20 Astra and clicking OK > checking settings for LNB Freq (Ku 9750-10600 were default for this satellite), DiSEqC1.0/1.1 (Disabled), 22k (auto), LNB power (Auto) and Motor Setup (None) > clicking SAT for picking transponder 11954 H 27500 > clicking INFO to get to live signal measurement.

Unfortunately the dish is not aligned with anything at the moment. Next steps for me are to get a smartphone with a built-in compass to line up the dish with the satellite, and use an analogue signal detector in line with the Finder to make sure the dish is spot on. I have no other means of powering the dish on the roof at this time, so the battery in the Finder is great for this. Then I'll get on the Finder to see if it can confirm that I've hit Astra and not one of the other satellites left and right. If it can't pick up things through normal scanning, I'll try the blind scan.

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

Hi

Why not give clear answers?

Each output of an quad LNB corresponds to that of a very common universal LNB.

Setting up the Finder 2 for this LNB is expected and extremely easy.
RabbitPath wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:14 pm
Owen - the LNB frequency range of 10.7 - 12.75 GHz is taken from the LNB's box, and my challenge is that I can't find or define the same range in the Finder menu. Or am I doing this wrong? Installation > ticking the E19.20 Astra and clicking OK > checking settings for LNB Freq (Ku 9750-10600 were default for this satellite), DiSEqC1.0/1.1 (Disabled), 22k (auto), LNB power (Auto) and Motor Setup (None) > clicking SAT for picking transponder 11954 H 27500 > clicking INFO to get to live signal measurement.

Those found in the LNB menu are frequencies of LNB local oscillator: Universal LNB LO frequencies: 9750/10600 (not the satellite reception range10700/12750 MHz.)

Right settings you need to use are the ones you see in the attached screenshoot.
Attachments
67890.jpg
67890.jpg (51.65 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
12345.jpg
12345.jpg (46.59 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
Last edited by Cluster.One on Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RabbitPath

Post by RabbitPath »

THANK YOU!! This is exactly what was confusing me - was not aware that the frequencies listed in the menu were for the LNB local oscillator, and thought they were supposed to match the reception frequencies in a slightly higher band. All clear now :) Just need to get my stuff, drive to the construction yard, climb up the scaffolding onto the roof, and line up the dish.

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”