V8 Finder 2 Licence Error

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

mutlu_tugrul

V8 Finder 2 Licence Error

Post by mutlu_tugrul »

Hello friends.
When I turn on the V8 Finder 2 device, it says license error. The device menu appears after about 5 seconds. After about 5 seconds, the license error goes away. How can I repair it? Can you send me a software copy of your V8 Finder 2 device?
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (5.31 MiB) Viewed 771 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (4.6 MiB) Viewed 771 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (4.57 MiB) Viewed 771 times

salah

Re: V8 Finder 2 Licence Error

Post by salah »

Follow this steps in the video description .

https://youtu.be/XswjU-AKY0c?si=fAGBuNVT2hmJx8aj
¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

mutlu_tugrul

Post by mutlu_tugrul »

I tried this but it didn't work

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

mutlu_tugrul wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:20 pm
Hello friends.
When I turn on the V8 Finder 2 device, it says license error. The device menu appears after about 5 seconds. After about 5 seconds, the license error goes away. How can I repair it? Can you send me a software copy of your V8 Finder 2 device?
But after all this happens, does the Finder work normally ?

From the graphics of the writings that appear in the error message, it would appear to be a problem linked only to the internal firmware of the LCD display and its controller and not that of the GT Media Finder 2.

My explanation is based on 3 reasons:

1) The typology of character graphics.
The type of graphic characters used is typical of the control menus of these small LCD screens

2) There are users who had replaced the LCD screen because they had broken the original one, and by installing an apparently identical one, they then displayed only a quarter of the image... Although this was a problem related to the Finder PRO which has a different 16:9 display while that of the Finder 2 is 4:3

3)When you turn on the Finder 2 a first screen appears with the GT Media logo, immediately after a short interval a second identical but more contrasty screen appears accompanied by an audio scratch, my impression is that the first is stored and incorporated into the LCD controller .
It's just my hypothesis, it may be that nothing I think is true.

It may be that I have a lot of imagination, but this is the impression I had from the first day I used the Finder2, noticing this strange thing about the double screen of the GT media logo and its two color shades, the second with more contrast and more colorful than the first.

The solution? I don't know it, but if things are as I think, the problem lies in the display controller board, that's where the error is.

But I repeat my main question:

But after all this happens, does the Finder work normally ?

The problem with these devices purchased directly from China or even from other countries is that it is difficult to enforce the right to the warranty...

Only the shipping costs become a problem, then you have to see if everything is fine...

Therefore the manufacturer, in this case GT Media, should make all the means and its knowledge available to anyone who wants to try to find a remedy on their own.

mutlu_tugrul

Post by mutlu_tugrul »

Thank you for your answer. The license error disappears later and does not cause any problems in the operation of the device.

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

So, luckily, even though it's a weird thing it doesn't stop you from using the tool, which is a good thing.

This supports my hypothesis regarding the LCD control board.

I'm sorry I can't provide you with the solution.

mutlu_tugrul

Post by mutlu_tugrul »

Thank you very much for your interest

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”