GT Media V8 UHD - no more DISEQC1.2 after firmware upgrade.

Paese italiano, discussione sul prodotto GTMEDIA

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

pippo_baudo

GT Media V8 UHD - no more DISEQC1.2 after firmware upgrade.

Post by pippo_baudo »

Hello,

I acquired these days the GT MEdia V8 UHD, and the original firmware showed the Antenna Type setting ( Fixed or Motorized ).
Since the Italy LCN search menu was missing, I upgraded to the latest firmware GTMedia_V8UHD_V232_20211020.
The new menu appeared and the setup of the antenna worked well using Diseqc 1.0.
Anyhow I noticed that the Antenna Type ( fixed or motorized Diseqc 1.2) list menu has now disappeared.
I have a motorized dish, but actually I don't use the motor, the antenna is fixed to Hotbird 13 EAST.
So this is not a problem for me, but can became one whenever I decide to use the motor.
Thank you in advance.
Pippo

Ho comprato il GT MEdia V8 UHD, e con il firmware orifinale il menu Antenna Type ( Fixed or Motorized ) era presente.
Comunque perche il menu "Italy LCN search" menu non era presente, ho fatto l'upgrade del firmware all'ultima versione GTMedia_V8UHD_V232_20211020.
La ricerca dei canali italiani e' apparsa ed ha funzionato bene. Ho configurato l'antenna con il Diseqc 1.0.
Ho notato pero la scomparsa della voce "Antenna Type" ( fixed or motorized Diseqc 1.2 ).
Uso un'antena con il motore ma al momento non la giro e sta fissa sul Hotbird 13 EAST.
Quindi non e' un problema maggiore per me, ma ne potrebbe diventare uno dovessi usare il motore.

Grazie anticipatamente.
Pippo

pippo_baudo

Re: GT Media V8 UHD - no more DISEQC1.2 after firmware upgrade.

Post by pippo_baudo »

Looking better, the menu Diseqc 1.2 appears now under Setup Antenna under "Motor Type" and not anymore as a dedicated item.
Be careful because selecting Motor Type DiseqC 1.2 will start moving the dish versus West even if zou do not save the settings.
In case you have previously positioned the dish to your preferred satellite, and do not wish to use the motor you will lose the previous position and need to restore it manually.

Return to “Italia”