GTMedia V8 Finder (SAT List for Europe)

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

norrinraddhr

GTMedia V8 Finder (SAT List for Europe)

Post by norrinraddhr »

Hello,
where can I find Satellite List for Europe?

There is only for NA.
Freesat V8 Finder NA Sat List_(viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1921)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTMedia V8 Finder (SAT List for Europe)

Post by Feralkiwi »

The Freesat V8 Finder is based on the V7HD unit, so you can use any cahnnel list for the V7 range in your finder.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

Hello Owen,
can you please send my a link where to find some SAT list for Europe?
I don't see in download forum for V7 HD that they have for EU, only for NA again.

V7 HD satellite list for North America_(viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1318)

Thanks!

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

I think finder comes already loaded with Europe sat list. Just do a Factory reset

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

Just bought my Satellite Finder and because must wait to arrive want to make my own SAT List.

When somebody have Satellite List for EU, please send my a link, without some explanations that i don't need.

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

To ask again... have already someone created Europe SAT list for GT Media V8 Finder?

I'm using DB Editor ver. 2.2, think that's the one for V8 Finder.

Or to explain how to add "longitude" for EU Satellite, where to find this value?!

For example:
AMC 8 - 139.0°W - longitude 46668? (North America)
ASTRA - 19.2° E - longitude .....? (Europe)
Attachments
01_DEEditor 2.2.jpg
01_DEEditor 2.2.jpg (71.83 KiB) Viewed 26929 times
02_DEEditor 2.2.jpg
02_DEEditor 2.2.jpg (98.45 KiB) Viewed 26929 times

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

Hello,
how many SAT positions have V8 Finder?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The V8 Finder is based on the V7HD.
It will allow for 63 sat positions for a sat mover.

I have changed the user data files using a hex editor for other users to add more positions.

As for the longitudes, the Freesat system starts at 0 east and goes to 1799 for 179.9e and then 179.9w is 1801, so 0.1w is 3599.
The values in the editor may be a hex value, I do not know.
To find out set up a user file with longitude values like 0, 90e, 179.9e 179.9w and 90w etc and look for how it is set up.

I am busy today, but if you need more help i could look at this later.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

Hello Owen,
thank for your reply, this is useful information's. :)
I think 63. satellite positions is enough for me, for now.

My finder will finally arrive this week, maybe tomorrow but in the meantime I try to make my own satellite list for EU and learn how it works (edit/add) with DB Editor.

After two or three days digging old themes finally I found .bin file with EU satellite and now I try to sort satellite by the arc from east to west and I hope that can be done, for example...

01 60E
20 19E
21 16E
22 13E
23 10E
24 9E

Thanks morfeos269n for EU sat list!
lista canales v8 finder_(viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10196)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1akfyLZ ... XpDmS/view

Can the satellite list that now is in finder be exported from V8 finder via USB?

I found the answer hier...
V8 Finder: General Question regarding "SATELLITE INSTALLATION"_(viewtopic.php?f=33&t=7039)
Feralkiwi wrote:In the menus there is the option to save your TP info, channels, favorite list etc to USB.
Use the User data ssd option as this saves all the other stuff like favorites.

After you do an update you then reload this user data and the finder is as it was, with all your TP's etc.
Owen
Attachments
DBEditor_SATlist_EU.jpg
DBEditor_SATlist_EU.jpg (111.11 KiB) Viewed 26370 times

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

Hello,
it's possible to arrange the satellite by arc or it must be sort by longitude as in finder?
I noticed this, that the first satellite is sort by longitude and go from 2E to 85.20E and than to other satellite to East and to West. It's kind of a mishmash sort after 85.20E, only connection I find is in longitude and goes from 200 to higher number.

And is the number 1 set only for (200) 2.0E or it can by placed as i wish, edit by DB Editor and so put in finder via USB?

1 Longitude 200 = 2.0E (Bulgariasat1)
9 Longitude 1600 = 16.0E (Eutelsat16)
43 Longitude 8520 = 85.2E (Intelsat22)
54 Longitude 35768 = 30.0E (Hispasat)
Last edited by norrinraddhr on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

norrinraddhr wrote:Hello,
it's possible to arrange the satellite by arc or it must be sort by longitude as in finder?
I noticed this, that the first satellite is sort by longitude and go from 2E to 85.20E and than to other satellite to East and to West. It's kind of a mishmash sort after 85.20E, only connection I find in longitude and goes from 200 to higher number.

And is the number 1 set only for (200) 2.0E or it can by placed as i wish, edit by DB Editor and so put in finder via USB?

1 Longitude 200 = 2.0E (Bulgariasat1)
9 Longitude 1600 = 16.0E (Eutelsat16)
43 Longitude 8520 = 85.2E (Intelsat22)
54 Longitude 35768 = 30.0E (Hispasat)
The way to sort the sats is to start blank and add all the sats in the sat list and then scan ecah sat in order.
After that save your user data and reload it. This makes that list your "Default" in the "Sort" function.
The V8 Finder is based on the Freesat V7HD, so you can copy a user data file from a V7HD to the finder and also use the editor set for V7 as well.

Owen

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

Hello Owen,
thanks for your reply.

Can you explain how to start blank?

In DB Editor is no function to make blank list, or you think to import db file in DB Editor, delete all satellite and TP and than add and create you own sat list, starts from number 1 to 75?
Last edited by norrinraddhr on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

To start blank delete all the sats in the sat list.
Then add each sat in the order you need.
You also need to scan these sats in order too so that the channels list and sat list brings up the sats in order.

Note to get to the sat list (and favorites list) press the ok button to bring up the current list, then press the blue button for the sat list.
The set favorites, use the editor or do it in a V7 unit and move the user file back to the finder.

Owen

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

OK, now I understand.

Thanks a lot Owen. :)

Unfortunately i have made the sat list from finder, today i finished and put all the TP-s new, but for now i need only for 4. satellite to align dish, after that i will make my own list for EU by arc, starts from east 70E to west 45W, without this double satellites that i found in finder list and finally make as right.

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

It's sad that the DB Editor doesn't have option for import TP's from internet, like other editors. To import all TP for 75 satellite's manual is a hell of a job.

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

Hello,
why I can't add more satellite as 47 positions in GTMedia V8 Finder (V-71HD)?

The finder have 75 satellite positions in firmware from 03/12/2018., after deleting all 75 satellite and try to sort my own EU list by add satellite with DBEditor he allow no more sat positions, only 47?

The db file is copied from finder with 75. sat positions.
Attachments
GTMedia_V8_finder_SAT_47_EU.jpg
GTMedia_V8_finder_SAT_47_EU.jpg (67.93 KiB) Viewed 25912 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have you tried to add these satellites in the V8 Finder via the finder's menu?
The 47 limit may be the editors limit.
The word "Position" usualy means the position for the dish mover commands not the satellite list number.
Again this may be just the editor.

The Finder is bassed on the V7HD unit, so you can use any user data file for the V7 in the V8 Finder.

Owen

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

Hello Owen,
i try all with DB Editior and the file I use is copied from my finder.

This method to add the rest of 28 satellite with finder is i don't know, funny. And what is with TP, add manual with finder too... Is there any method to do all with PC and just copied the satellite list to finder?

I don't have V7HD and file from this unit, when you have some file can you send my?

Is there any other editor to try with, or is possible to find some file with 75 positions to edit and sort?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

There are some sat lists posted on this forum.
Look for one for the V7HD for your area and try loading that into the editor and edit it.

Owen

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

Hello Owen,
thanks for helping me.

But what is the difference between my db file from finder with 75 satellites and some from V-71 HD? The db file from V-71HD can be the same as my from finder as you allways says that the finder is based on this unit.

You know what I want, to sort satellite by arc and number, from East to West as I mentioned this in last post and the sat list in finder are set by longitude 200 (2E) to higher and the rest is placed with no order, some satellite are doubled and satellite like 17E Amos 5 does not exist anymore, but the are in the list from finder.

If i use my db file from finder and sort the satellite by my own from E to W and then put back in finder there be sorted be number how are placed satellite in finder or edit in some editor before and not how I did it, am I right?

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

I just thinking... the db file with 75 satellites that I copied from my finder, I use this file and just rename satellites, set Ku or C band parameters, put new TP, but the order number from 1-75 i don't change them, just rename satellite and that's all.

What do you think Owen?
Attachments
DBEditor_SATlist_EU.jpg
DBEditor_SATlist_EU.jpg (116.73 KiB) Viewed 25748 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you use USALS you will need to change the longitude for each as well, but yes that would work.
A lot of work changing the TP info.

Remember that the sats will still appear on the channel lists in the order you scan them, so do that when you reload it.

I hope to get a new PC laptop soon so I can test with the editor again, I'm using my Freesat GTC box for web access for now.

Owen

norrinraddhr

Post by norrinraddhr »

Yes, I will edit...

- Satellite name
- LNB type: Ku or C band
- Longitude
- LNB high/low
- TP

But the placing order, numbers 1-75 still be the same from db file and I think this is important when I put the list again in finder the satellite appears how i placed it, am i right?

drspastic

Post by drspastic »

so did anyone make and keep up-to-date list for europe?
i have deleted most of the below horizon birds from mine but there are sats and tp missing from europe, many c band that i cant find sr although tp are found.
i also had problems running out of memory after a few blind scans even though there were less than 200 stored channels.

im in bulgaria btw

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”